Starting to play, But where to begin? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Starting to play, But where to begin?

Im really thinking about Playing WH40K. I was trying to decide on an army to play with and the ones that stuck out were the Tyranid, Necrons, or (I dont know if its a faction or a sub-faction kind of deal) The Sisters of Battle. Now I was really Leaning towards the Necrons, but my friend says that no one plays with them and that no one would want to play me if I play as them. I dont know if its true or not, but i wasnt sure. he plays Space Marines and he said that i would like the Dark Eldar, but they dont appeal to me as much as the others I listed. Can anyone spare some insight on how they function??
    I like Necrons because of the getting back up feature. and i like the Tyranids becuase of the "Without Number" so I guess that I am drawn to either super strong, Few number, hard to kill army, or the exact opposite, a Massive Swarm of units, who if they die, shrug it off and keep swarming till the opposition is gone. I like range, but melee is fine! And the sisters of battle are freaking awsome, almost all woman army is cool as shit!!

_brink

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x2)

Nercons are cool, not the best army to start with, still cool though (you will get the hang of them though after a few games). As for people not playing them thats not really true, theres less people who play dark eldar, necrons are a great army.

Dark eldar is the army i play, very fast, very shooty, amazing in HTH. best HQ in game and best elite choice in game too being wyches. very fragile though.They are not easy to play.
    I would recommend them though as your games will never be dull, but as a newbie its a steep learning curve.
    My personal opinion of sisters of battle although they look great, they are not a great army to play with, infact i hate them. not too many options for them.

Tyranids are cool, i love nids don't take too much of a tactician to get to grips with, primarily get your hordes of nids and throw them at the enemy fast, since its a codex that has been updated already its probably a good deal to get into them at the mo.

It's up to you, don't let people influnce your decision, go with what you like.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did you double post this entire thread? Come on man. Don't spam the forums.

Other than that, go read our replies in your identical thread. Your friend sounds like an ass, you will have opponents as necrons, dark eldar are very hard for newbies to master, he would most likely stomp all over you for the first few months at least as DE, but necrons would stomp him. I would reccomment necrons to mess with him.
    Turtles For the Turtle God!
    Shells For the Shell Throne!

+ Reply to Thread