Transports - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which Transport is the most useful transport

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rhino

2 7.69%
  • Waveserpent

9 34.62%
  • Chimera

4 15.38%
  • Devilfish

5 19.23%
  • Raider

5 19.23%
  • War Trukk

1 3.85%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transports

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Transports

I am not a very experienced gamer but I have modest but growing collections of Eldar and Blood Angels, the time has come for me to buy transports.

But why does the Rhino seem pants, I could get a Land Raider but then I would have to cut stuff out of my army list .

Looking at the Wave Serpent and the Transports for other races they all seem so much nicer.

Which transport would you trust the most??

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For something like this you can't just say which one is best as each one has its perks and each one is good for each army.
    For you Blood Angles you cant beat a rhino as they are quite cheap and you have the bonus of over charged engines. However the the land radier and chimera are more wepons but are more expensive. You may wan a more manouverable transport where skimmers like the wave sepent or devil fish will be best. So your desition is based on how you will use your transports.
    I would go for rhinos as a play Blood angles and use the over charged engines to get my men to the front line quicker and they are the cheapest option and therefore leaves me with more money for men.
    Dnt judge my judgments plz
    Its not my fault, blame some other guy
    www.myspace.com/ike36

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

My raiders have always pulled though for me, they have a great gun (dark lance or disintegrator) They have always got my wyches and incubi in to combat quickly. Then once they aren't needed for transporting anthing they can die, I don't care or they can then go to work killing other tanks with the dark lance or they can kill heavily armoured troops with the disintegrator.
    Prey they don't take you alive

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

I guess but its interesting to see how the different armies have their transports. You expect the Imperial Guard one I would say to be moderate as they are very mechanised.
    The Tau one I also expect to be good.
    But it is dissapointing that the Space marine bog standard transport has the base armour of a eldar war walker

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x2)

for a transport thats so cheap and effective, raider hands down at 60pts with dizzie upgrade
    its great. disintegrators are brilliant, a str X blast at AP X or You could use the optional lance. for squad hunting dizzies are great.
    it acts as a transport and a mobile battery (when You got a number of them)
    ok its armour is crap but what do you expect for 60pts.. I love them which is one of the reasons I play DE, well that and the fact everytime I play DE its always fun.
    Due to the extreme tactics of DE theres never a dull moment, raiders add to that fun alot, cause they are so Fast, very fragile(as I like to call them coffin ships) and come with a damn good weapon wether its lance or disintegrator.

Don't post stats. Spell out "you." Capitalize "I." kthx. ~LN
    Last edited by Lost Nemesis; May 31st, 2007 at 17:12.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    178 (x7)

I don't play Eldar, but I have to go with the Waveserpent. Tough, Fast, powerfull and can carry a whack of great troops!
    "A love for tradition has never weakened a nation, indeed it has strengthened nations in their hour of peril."
    Sir Winston Churchil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tau Devilfish for my money.

With excellent (okay) armor, a skimmer that can count as fast for shooting, detachable gun drones, the whole Fish of Fury tactic (it is awesome), large carrying capacity, and guns that can ignore LOS.

I love it.
    Turtles For the Turtle God!
    Shells For the Shell Throne!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

i have to vote for devilfish because of its versatility and suprising surviabality. it's got a very large troop capacity, beter then most basic transports surviabality do to skimmer going fast rule and other goodies you can add on at a very good price. but there really is no "best" transport because the "better" ones are more exspensive and sometimes by a lot ie. landraider and waveserpent
    Never give up. Never give up. HIT, HIT, HIT, HIT!

Semper Paratus

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Look, a popularity contest.

Instead of voting for my own army's transport, I'm going with the Wave Serpent. With proper upgrades it's quite tough to take down, has a rather decent amount of firepower, doesn't become useless after letting off its cargo (read: Raiders, Rhinos), and is quite fast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Nemesis View Post
    Look, a popularity contest.

Instead of voting for my own army's transport, I'm going with the Wave Serpent. With proper upgrades it's quite tough to take down, has a rather decent amount of firepower, doesn't become useless after letting off its cargo (read: Raiders, Rhinos), and is quite fast.
    I don't believe that a raider or a rhino is useless after letting out the cargo, the raider is still very cheap and has some good fire power of it's own.
    And a rhino can be used as a road block like ork buggies. They are far from useless.
    Prey they don't take you alive

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast