Funny armies to play? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny armies to play?

Anyone have a funny army list that is played just to make people laugh? Its not ment to actualy win a game but its all in fun?

The two I use are both 1500 point armies. My necrons with 3 monoliths that just drop in and my IG with 150 conscripts and around 80 standard troops.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Record with my Necrons
    W:2 D:0 L:0
    2st game: vs Chaos result: Win :p

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    141 (x3)

The golden rule in designing a fun army is, "If you're going to fail, fail SPECTACULARLY!"

An example would be an IG army with a combat HQ. Fun to use unto itself, but what's more fun is adding the commisar. Then you get an additional fighter and the oppertunity to see your commander's head blown off by his own men.

A fun army should play fast and loose with tactics and take advantage of oddball rules that aren't used. Avoid things that are ponderous or time consuming.

With IG Ogryns, Ratlings, and Rough Riders all present a fun oppertunity. You could also do a "We'll be back" show down by fielding a lot of infantry with cybernetic implants vs. necrons. Schaeffer with lots of Last Chancer Demo charges as well.

With 'Nids, I see a godzilla army or a massed guant army a la Starship Tropper style.

Orks are naturals at this.

Iquisitorial Daemon hosts, Penitant Engines, and Arco-Flagellates have a good random funness to them. Faith also makes for some dramatic and fun moments.

Necrons are a bit of a challenge because of Phase Out.

Marines with the right divergence could be fun.

There's my 2 cents.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a 1000 point SM army that is all scouts and scout bikes with a Chaplin leading them. I call the army Sunday School. I also play a 1000 point Tau army that is led by an etherial and has as the core three min units of kroot with maxed kroot hounds. I have some vespids and crisis suits along as well. I call this army the Fox Hunters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3 monoliths will piss off most players seeing that it will beat most armies but lose real fast to a select few. i say the funniest army would be a predominately grot one. or in the whf universe use skaven and custom make a master splinter from the ninja turtles like hq that would be funny.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sisterray View Post
    3 monoliths will piss off most players seeing that it will beat most armies but lose real fast to a select few. i say the funniest army would be a predominately grot one. or in the whf universe use skaven and custom make a master splinter from the ninja turtles like hq that would be funny.
    I've played against armies with two Monoliths and that was bad, three would be just plain wrong. Phase out roles in general can drive a player crazy.

I was thinking that there is one standard army that always drives me nuts; Speed Freaks. Not funny at all, down right nasty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    122 (x3)

This is funny just cause I ended up winning. Made this army just to see what would happen.

2500 point army Grey Knights ( only )

HQ = brother-captain /w psycannon, 4 GKT guards, 1 /w psycannon

Troops = 10 man PAGK
    Troops = 10 man PAGK
    Troops = 10 man PAGK
    Troops = 10 man PAGK
    Troops = 10 man PAGK

Fast Attack = 10 man PAGK

Would just like to point out that with this list anything av 13 or 14 is invulnerable. The look on his face was so great though when he saw how many grey knights were on the field. Ended up one of the best games I have played.
    - You must set fire to water or you will be extinguished.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh I got a funny one, you know somethings wrong when in 1500 points a guy walks up with 3 sepperate army cases and empties all 3. Imperial Guard Armored Company anyone? Tanks holding table quarters!?!? This list is kinda scary, but the look on their face when you drop 7 tanks and its 1500 pts. (Somewhere around 3500 you can have 17 tanks)

HQ:

Leman Russ Comand Tank (295) (Anti Tank Rounds, Lascannon, Heavy Bolters)

Elite:

Leman Russ Tank Ace (260) (Anti Tank Rounds, LasCannon, Heavy Bolters)

Troops:

Leman Russ Conqueror (180) (Evasive Driver, Heavy Bolter, Heavy Bolters)

Leman Russ Battle Tank (200) (Ace Sponson Gunners, Sponson Upgrade, Heavy Bolter, Plasma)
    Leman Russ Battle Tank (200) (Ace Sponson Gunners, Sponson Upgrade, Heavy Bolter, Plasma)

Heavy Support:

Last edited by TauntingElf; June 27th, 2007 at 07:02.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x2)

About a year ago I played someone with about as many nidz as I had space marines...
    What I didn't realize was that he had made his own gaunt breed.
    He gave them scything talons, adrenal glands, leaping, and extended carapieces.
    They were about 14-15pts each. Really funny when I finally hit CC with him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've always wanted to see a Missiles On Demand Tau army. Just a few vehicles and a Skyray or two with tons of seeker missiles...and a couple squads of Pathfinders and six full-strength squads of Fire Warriors, each with a shas'ui and Markerlight...

...because what do you do against seventy-two Fire Warriors? And when they all have krak missiles with them, that only hit your side armor? Eeek!

And just to see your opponent's face light up when he sees not a single railgun in your army...before his tanks get smacked with half a dozen seeker missiles each instead!
    "HQ, my LOS is blocked by a soda bottle. I'm moving to unmask my guns."
    "Negative! The soda bottle is the Carnifex!"
    "Dang proxy models!"
    -Cmdr. Kren, www.tsoalr.com

+ Reply to Thread