3000 Pt Daemonhunter Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Force Organization Chart 1:

HQ-277
    Inquisitor Lord
    Power Weapon
    Psycannon
    Terminator Armor
    Auspex
    2 Acolytes in Artificer Armor
    2 Gun Servitors with Heavy Bolters
    1 Gun Servitor with Plasma Cannon
    Hierophant
    Mystic
    Sage

Elite-131
    Inquisitor
    Power Weapon
    Master-Crafted Thunder Hammer
    Artificer Armor
    Digital Weapons
    Frag Grenades
    Teleport Homer
    Scourging

Elite-96
    Eversor

Elite-80
    2 Death-Cult Assassins

Troops-179
    6 Stormtroopers
    2 Melta Guns
    Chimera
    Multilaser
    Heavy Flamer
    Dozer Blade
    Extra Armor
    Searchlight & Smoke Launchers

Troops-120
    10 Stormtroopers
    2 Grenades Launchers

Force Organization Chart 2:

HQ-434
    Grand Master
    Master-Crafted NFW
    Storm Bolter with Psycannon Bolts
    Icon of the Just
    Sacred Incense
    Holocaust
    4 Terminators
    1 Psycannon

Elite-300
    Brother-Captain
    Teleport Homer
    Holocaust
    4 Terminators
    1 Psycannon

Troops-452 (2 units of 227 each)
    Justicar
    Auspex
    5 Grey Knights
    2 Psycannons

Fast Attack-500 (2 units of 250 each)
    Justicar
    Melta Bombs
    7 Grey Knights
    2 Psycannons

Heavy Support-276
    Land Raider Crusader
    Dozer Blade
    Hunter-Killer Missile
    Searchlight

Heavy Support-153
    Twin-Linked Lascannon
    Extra Armor
    Hunter-Killer Missile
    Smoke Launchers

Here's my basic battle plan:

1) Inquisitor Lord and retinue set up slightly off-center; hang back and shoot anything that moves. Stormtroopers with Grenade Launchers act as a good old meat shield. Dreadnought set up on one side of Inquisitor Lord. Mostly hangs back and shoots, but kept close enough to Inquisitor Lord to help out in C.C. I like to hang on to my Hunter-Killer Missile. I've seen them turn the tide in many a battle. Grey Knights with Psycannons set up on both sides; make slow advance down the flanks:
    GK DN IL GK

2) Inquisitor joins Stormtroopers in Chimera and heads down one side of the board. Once up to the enemy front line, everyone out, start putting that Thunder Hammer to use! STs go for the vehicles. Once some room is made, bring in the Terminators. Once Terminators' postition is developed, Deep Strike one unit of GK's each to the Terminators and the Inquisitor.

3) Grand Master and retinue in Land Raider advance down side opposite Chimera.
    Bang, bang, bang, hop out, you know the rest.

4) Eversor and Death-Cultists follow Chimera long enough to find some cover.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

mmm 3000pts of DH....

You can drop Auspex on the Inquisitor Lord, his Mystic works the same. Also, throw another Sage into that group for the rerolled 'to hit' for the retinue/IL. Unless you're fighting Daemons, the Heirophant will be useless as well, as an IL already has Ld10.

If you ARE gonna face Chaos, make that Inquisitor's T-hammer a D-hammer.

Very nice looking list, only thing that might be bad is the ratio of HQ/Elites/Heavies to Troops. A lot of points sunk into the tank and Inquisitors, makes them very important not to lose!

But yea, this list looks awesome. If I had the money, I'd love to attempt something this big

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a question if you are going to do something like this why not take more GK Terminators they are hard to kill and for 3000 points you can have a heck of alot, but then I am not you so it does not matter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by mEGALOMANIAC@Mar 3 2004, 07:38
    You can drop Auspex on the Inquisitor Lord, his Mystic works the same.
    Mystic is for Deep Strikers, Daemon Packs and Greater Daemons, while Auspex is for Infiltrators.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

103 (x8)

yea yea sorry, caught that one after posting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe you should get some better weapons on the strom troopers.Other than that itz a good list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no I think he has some good weapons on his troopers, but I think that chimera is kinda over priced a bit and if it is 3000 points and you are using 2 charts do you need 2 HQ and 4 troops? oh NVM I see the 2 troops of GK&#39;s also I would cut down on Inquisitor stuff and add more ST and Rhinos or chimeras. Also I think you are trying for too many things here you have shooting and CC but then Deepstriking which you are counting on alot so my 2 cents will say try to go for the Inquisitor shooting style where you fill up the HQ slots with GM and IL like you have and then fill up 4 of the Elites with Inquisitors and another one with GK terminiators, try to make out on the followers of the HQs and then use up all the troop spots for ST in Rhinos for meat sheilds and Chimerias for Tank busters and troop killers. the Fast attack you could take a few Teleport Homers on the Inquisitors and have GK teleport in so they don&#39;t scatter and of course take atleast 2 dreads for some extra tank busting abilities, maybe twin las and missle launcher on both or have one for CC other than that it is really up to you if you want to keep the land raiders, but I find they are not useful with this kind of army because you are trying to move in and don&#39;t have alot of Terminators to use to its full potential.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

103 (x8)

Grey-Knight-Grand-Master, you just took BC Lucca Brazzi&#39;s list, took off 90% of the units, and added a completely new army

His list will work in its basic setup. He&#39;s got a fair share of shooting and DSing, allows his army to be a LOT more versatile than most Pure-GK armies are.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah its not that bad but remember, losing extremely high point inits are not what you want happening, if you were versing a 3000 ork horde then choppas would kill your expensive terminater armour, if you were versing dark eldar or eldar, bye bye 250 point land raider. Think about taking lots of high cost units before you take them as you must be considering what low point units could take it out, 3000 points or 500 points it doesnt matter. 16 storm troopers and 13 grey knights (normal ones) only? Man more troops is definately needed here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last time I checked, there are 34 Grey Knights in Power Armor in this list. I considered getting rid of the Land Raider and throwing in a Purgation Squad with 4 Psycannons, but that leaves my GM out in the open.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast