hybrid sm army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: hybrid sm army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hybrid sm army

I enjoy painting the different color schemes of all of the SM chapters, but obviously it's not practical to have a dozen full SM armies. I would like to paint a single squads of different chapters (ie imperial fist devastator squad, space wolf tac squad, blood angels assault squad, salamander terminator squad, etc) and play them all together as a single army. I would use vanilla SM rules (ie construct and treat each squad as if they were ultramarines), maybe even throwing in some traits (give the space wolves true grit or something like that).

I already have a large ultramarine successor chapter army (novaculae dei- the blades of god) that would start as the core of this force. I am trying to make up a uniting story to explain this army. I was thinking of using an inquisitor lord as the HQ leading this force as sort of a personal "death watch" army, but not limited to just xenos-killing.

I would appreciate any thoughts on fleshing out why an inquisitor lord would field an army of SM's from different chapters who are willing to fight together.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

is Alpharius FabricatorGeneralMike's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by chrach View Post
    I enjoy painting the different color schemes of all of the SM chapters, but obviously it's not practical to have a dozen full SM armies. I would like to paint a single squads of different chapters (ie imperial fist devastator squad, space wolf tac squad, blood angels assault squad, salamander terminator squad, etc) and play them all together as a single army. I would use vanilla SM rules (ie construct and treat each squad as if they were ultramarines), maybe even throwing in some traits (give the space wolves true grit or something like that).

I already have a large ultramarine successor chapter army (novaculae dei- the blades of god) that would start as the core of this force. I am trying to make up a uniting story to explain this army. I was thinking of using an inquisitor lord as the HQ leading this force as sort of a personal "death watch" army, but not limited to just xenos-killing.

I would appreciate any thoughts on fleshing out why an inquisitor lord would field an army of SM's from different chapters who are willing to fight together.

The first thing that comes to mind is ' Imperial Crusade'. I can see a Inquisitor leading a crack team of marines to a space port/ enemy fortification/ space station ect/ that just has to be taken so the rest of the crusade can continue. There are heaps of possiblities here just run with it and im shure something will come to mind. If you need any help please feel free to PM me or just post here. Great Idea I hope it workes for you. =o]
    FluffMaster on a mission to turn people to the Sisters of battle, yes folks it's all about SoB squads in Repressors with lots of flamer templates for the win.

+ Reply to Thread