Gork and Mork: Back FO' a Nova Go! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    72 (x3)

Gork and Mork: Back FO' a Nova Go!

AAhhhh. I really need to hear what the people think on this topic. Its important to the orks im hoping to make pretty soon.
    What im trying to get to here, is how i beileve that Gork and Mork have a presence in teh warp. I know, everyone here is like "But albino, the old onez made da orky boyz! Der gods ont' eally exist boss". I know you smelly grotz, but let me explain. My theory is, that The concientious thought of the billions (if not trillions) of orks around the galaxy (and beyond) all basically have it genetically encoded in them to beileve in Gork and Mork. I would say that do to the massive numbers the orks have, and the fact that they do indeed have a warp presence, will and if not already has, led to the birth of the gods, Gork and Mork. The example i have to support this thesis is Slaneesh. This god was born even after the war in heaven (Crons vs Old ones). All it took was the concientous thought of half the eldar to indulge in well.. self indulgence to get this fire cracker to start spewing out half naked demons. So why not for da big bosses Gork and Mork? Surely trillions of orks thoughts all thinking the same beilef should bring about the creating of these two gods. I mean, they arent as pychic as the Eldar, but there are just so MANY of them. You also have things like the star child, which bases itself on the belief of the people blah blah.
    input is appreciated

And here's another thing to throw in this pot. IF the belief of gork and mork is so ingrained in the orks....and the old ones mastery of the warp and how to manipulate it is thrown in, perhaps the Old ones created this belief just so that two new gods would be born to eventually aid in the fight against the C'tan hmm?

Last edited by AlbinoAlien; August 22nd, 2007 at 05:26. Reason: add more
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...d.php?t=104497
    PM me about Aurora Prime Vassal fights! Willing and ready!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It does make sense. If emotions such as hate and pelasure can fuel the gods of Chaos, it is unreasoanble forIt does make sense. If emotions such as hate and pelasure can fuel the gods of Chaos, it is unreasoanble forsomething that nearly eveyr Ork adheresdto can fuel the own warp gods of the Orks. Maybe that is where the power of the Waaaghhh! comes from. I've concluded that the Waagghhh! has to be some sort of base physcic powers, including telekiniesis. From what I remeber this is why red vehicles go fast, and shootas don't work near as well for human scientists testing them. I've always though the Orks had their own physcic field though, seperate from the warp. But if Gork and Mork did exists then it could explain the powers of the Waaagghhh!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    49 (x1)

OK my belief has always been that the Orks unwittingly worship the Chaos Gods. But this would work just fine, and is perfect with other Ork fluff, Ork guns and vehicles work only because they believe they do, if you grab an Ork vehicle the engine will break down immediately and the gun will not fire more than a shot or two before jamming.
    They're ladies. We can't hit ladies.

No, no. They're Daemonettes. They'll tear you limb from limb and steal your soul

But sar, thats what ladies do.

http://tsoalr.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    264 (x6)

Gork and Mork are just two of the great mysteries of the 40k universe, given the established nature of the Warp and all that. While Orks do share a connection to the Warp like most of the other races created by the Old Ones, I don't think they draw it forth in the same manner as other races do with their psykers. When you have a race whose true numbers are incomprehensible, devoted entirely to one ideal, that force of collective belief could probably draw forth psychic energy in the same way as a daemon summoning ritual. It's not the words that are really important, they serve as a vessel for focusing the emotion and will that will draw the daemon forth.

Except, in this case, we're talking about a field of psychic energy that empowers the Orks in battle. Orks, being who they are, think of things in very simple terms and so in order to explain the source of this power, they created two gods - Gork and Mork. They didn't bother with all the various theories of the Warp and intricate science that the other races had to devise in order to justify their existence. Therefore, Gork and Mork can be seen as a personification of the Power of the Waaagh! that you see on a regular basis (damn that I8 Warboss...).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

Gork and Mork are the Ork's belief in the existence of Orkdom. If the Orks ceased to believe that they were Orks, and instead pretended to be Snotlings or Hrud, some serious freaky shit would go down. Because an Ork's belief has way more strength than you'd normally assume, given that their belief in a giant foot coming down on the opponent results in => a giant foot coming down on the opponent. They had a Foot Marker. Like a blast marker or a template marker, but it was a giant plastic foot and everything beneath the foot got squashed.

On a technical basis, Gork and Mork are supposed to represent the Orkish values of strength and cunning, which are the closest things the Orks have to a morality system. Which god represents which aspect is a bit of a fuzzy point, since half the time the Orks themselves can't agree and have probably forgotten, if they ever knew.

Put short: Orks are weird.
    The above poster = Totally a member of the Fluff Masters Clan. Click here for fluff pwnage.

Come, sons of LO! Kneel before Poodle!

Mr_Wayne: "Some people believe that the World Eaters do not field any ranged weaponry. Those people often die at a distance."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Never actually thought of it that way before but it does make a rather interesting point. Even though the Eldar spanned a huge area at the time of the fall and were a huge civilization it could all be about intensity.
    Many of the Eldar were just over indulging and only some were in the cults that lead to Slaanesh, so even with their high level of psychic activity that could easily be matched by all those Orks who may be individually weaker but are much more dedicated to the concept. The "lesser" races have proven themselves capable of matching the raw power of the Eldar already so no reason why the Orks as another child of the Old Ones couldn't manage the same.
    I really like the idea that the old foot of Gork was more than a psychic attack and actually the weirdboyz power allowing the god to manifest in the physical world if only temporarily
    Heh, gotta love those old 2nd ed psychic powers, personally i was more fond of the psychic Power Vomit attack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you consider the (very little tidbits ) fluff about da orky godz Gork and Mork, the only thing you can glean as a certainty is that one is the god of brutal cunning, and the other of cunning brutality. Most orks can't even say which is which. So to speak, that's not much, considering the only links that really relate to them are the Power of the WAAAGH! exuded by Weirdboyz in the form of psychic powers and some depictions of their importance, much like Ghazhkull's big ol' graffiti.

If you look at how vague the Orks relate to their two divinities, it could be possible that Gork and Mork weren't in fact gods at all. Considering their elder race, the original Krork concieved by the Old Ones, it could be that Gork and Mork were important Krork figures, a comparative with the Holy Emperor of Terra. The Emperor was not a god per se, but was adopted as a divinity when the Imperial Creed was founded and solidly formed.

Now as for the Orks' latent psychic powers, I wouldn't link them directly to Gork and Mork like the followers of Chaos do with the Ruinous Powers for instance. Orks are certainly touched by the Warp and must associate the expression of said powers to the intervention of Gork and Mork. There *are* Orks you know... lol

WAAAGH! Dat makes me mad!
    URR! Keep dem wurrin' teknikal bitz away from meh!
    Waz betta dan one choppa?! Two choppas! Waz betta dan two choppas...?! Uh... urrh... arrghhh... WAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
    What do Khorne Berzerkers say to Necrons after chopping some of their bits off? "BLOOD FOR... Eh? Come on! You just take the fun out of it... Scream! Yell! Awww... not even a trace of guts..." *sniffles and kicks dirt*

"You can go far with a smile. You can go even further with a smile and a gun"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

72 (x3)

I enjoy all of your points. But what im really getting at here is through devotion, mass thought, and total population emotional feeling, the ork race has actually created thier own gods in the warp, through pure destructive thought itself. Because if enough people think the same thing, or feel the same thing, the warp is effected such. And as history has shown before, if you get enough people doing it, you can eventually give birth to a god.
    and bieleve me....the orks are enough people.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL! True that, "enough people"...

I agree with your point. When enough minds linked to the Warp channel a strong enough emotion, the Eldritch responds in intricate ways. Perhaps it was the next step at divinizing Gork and Mork, making both entities appear as Powers for themselves... Nice theory when you look at it.
    What do Khorne Berzerkers say to Necrons after chopping some of their bits off? "BLOOD FOR... Eh? Come on! You just take the fun out of it... Scream! Yell! Awww... not even a trace of guts..." *sniffles and kicks dirt*

"You can go far with a smile. You can go even further with a smile and a gun"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

72 (x3)

Isint it? And the only real big problems I run into it are A. Well the orks arent that conected to the warp (but with enough of them together they form thier own warp field, which says something about that) and B. usually when a god is born, there is a significant incident indicating they were born I.E. The eye of terror. For this one.. i cant really think of anything.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast