pre-heresy(ish) question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pre-heresy(ish) question

sorry about the confusing title, i didnt really know what to put seeing as the question i have involves the betrayal on istvaan III. it might seem like a kind of stupid question, but what are the chances of any loyalist world eaters surviving? or any of the legions for that matter? i dont recall reading anywhere in Galaxy In Flames that they all died, just most were dead and preparing for a last stand and whatnot. also, as for world eaters, on wikipedia it says "Captain Varren (loyalist captain prior to the Horus Heresy, now presumed dead - last confirmed sighting was in the Isstvan system immediately before the Flight of the Eisenstein) " it says presumed dead, but is not confirmed. it also says "
    Captain Ehrlen (commanded the loyalist World Eater troops against Angron's traitors during the Istavaan betrayal) " but does not say anything about his death. so basically would it be too outlandish to say i have a small force led by a few (emphasis on few) loyalist world eaters out to avenge their brothers betrayal?

i was just wondering because i have a really cool idea and that would make for some interesting fluff but i want it to be atleast somewhat believable. thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    142 (x5)

It may be plausible, I've not looked into the events around the Eisenstein too much personally. But it would be very unlikely that they'd survive long. The Imperium would be after them. They'd have little or no resources. They were also likely party to the stimulant-hookups that went on in the World Eaters, making them fairly homicidal. These aren't good tools for long-term survival. So while they may have survived the bombing and run for their lives, their prospects are a long way from being happy.

I bring PANDEMONIUM! Zephyr_the_AzureWind's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x2)

They'd also be dead by now. Its been about a millenium. So to play it by fluff, you may have to keep your loyalist world eaters to the horus heresy era. Fluff-wise they probably wouldn't fight in the current time line unless they got lost in the warp or Eye of Terror (neither which is good)
    Raven Claws Space Marine Chapter........2500 points
    Waagh Rotskrag (in building process)

Member of the Fluffmaster Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr_the_AzureWind View Post
    They'd also be dead by now. Its been about a millenium.
    Ten actually Zephyr, millenia only span a thousand years, not ten thousand after all.

I believe the names of the world eaters you discovered may or may not have been world eaters from the original Eisenstein fluff. (Originally some of the loyalists from the Istvaan III event took over the Eisenstein and warned the Emperor of what had happened. This was later altered and it was only the death guard that took the Eisenstein to terra.)

As for the marines on Istvaan III itself, I do believe that Saul realized that Horus had withdrawn Angron and the marines and was about to bombard the planet before it switches to Loken's final moments.

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well if i were to play it as an army it would be heresy era, mayb ea little bit after. as for on istvaan III i know loken and them went down to warn about the bombardment so a bunch of people lived but then horus sent down a bunch of people to finish it. world eater wise, angron personally led his traitor marines against loyal marines and it was a bloodbath but i seem to recall a few escaping that particular fight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ShredsofSanity View Post
    well if i were to play it as an army it would be heresy era, mayb ea little bit after. as for on istvaan III i know loken and them went down to warn about the bombardment so a bunch of people lived but then horus sent down a bunch of people to finish it. world eater wise, angron personally led his traitor marines against loyal marines and it was a bloodbath but i seem to recall a few escaping that particular fight
    Escaping that fight...only to be turned into so much paste when Horus withdrew his troops and destroyed the surface of the planet utterly. If you buy into the most recent incarnation at least. Although I can't recall the exact book I know for certain that further HH novels do attest to the fact that no loyalist survived Istvaan III.
    “ Belief in a cruel God makes a cruel man. ” - Thomas Paine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

really? oh well. i havent finished fulgrim yet, im about halfway through it, but i dont recall them saying anything about it in the flight of the eisenstein. thanks tho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i read this from "wikipedia" Garro, the rest of his Death Guard, Iacton Qruze of the Luna Wolves, and the warriors of the Silent Sisterhood, faced one of the Death Guard who succumbed to Nurgle and become a daemon, with Garro ultimately decapitating his former comrade. Afterwards, Garro and Captain Qruze were met by Malcador the Sigillite, First of the Council of Terra and the Emperor's Regent, who informed them that the Emperor had need of people as strong of will and "inquisitive" as they. These marines are speculated to be either the founding members of the Inquisition, or the Grey Knights, the chamber militant of the Ordo Malleus (Daemonhunters of the Inquisition).

p.s these i just found that have also been possibly put into the project: Saul Tarvitz,Garviel Loken---- not sure on the loken part though
    Last edited by GrandMaster Mortis; August 27th, 2007 at 06:39.
    Chaos is a decison not a life

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

Yeah Mortis, the information you found on Garro and Qruze is the summarized version of The Flight of the Eisenstein. (Loken and Tarvitz would not have been with them, seeing as both were on Istvaan III when Horus bombarded the planet to wipe out what few of them were left.)

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another note. DO NOT TRUST SABERTOOTH.

While reasonably probable that there may have been loyalists in the various chaos-turned legions, don't get any ideas. There wouldn't be many that escaped their internal purges, and above that, Sabertooth tend to be a little..liberal with their fluff handling.

Horus Heresy books in particular seem to be the target of some rather severe grumblings from the various avatars of the fluff gods.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast