Tarrak the Unfaithful and his Vortex Vampyres... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tarrak the Unfaithful and his Vortex Vampyres...

Ok guys, yet another one to go fluffing mad ;Y

So im creating a Chaos warband, or at least i plan on doing so providing i can finance it :p

Ok, so the fluff goes like this:

My lord, Tarrak the Unfaithful (thanks Koss) is a lowly lieutenant to a big nasty dude (who we'll call Bob for now) Bob is in charge of a vast Black Legion force (Bob is one of Abbadons Lesser Lieutenants)
    Bob's 'loyal' Sorceror (name not yet thought of) has a vision about Tarrak, claiming that Tarrak will rise to become a mighty Champion of Chaos. Tarrak, intrigued by this 'vision' gathers his loyal followers and hastily grabs as much of Bob's resources as he can (predators, rhinos, bikes and ammo etc) and legs it out the door, with the Sorceror in tow

After laying low for a while, the Warband renames itself the Vortex Vampyres and alters their colour scheme so that its not that of the Black Legions. Tarrak commits small sections of his force to commence raids on nearby backwater planets, in order to gain more resources. (this part of the story will involve me playing Combat Patrol as i get used to Chaos and as i slowly include more units etc)

After several years of raiding (story-wise) Tarrak gains enough strength to plan proper attacks on stronger worlds, further increasing his resources and reputation.

Tarrak will, over a period of time, gather weapons and armour etc etc as he defeats foes and claims victory after victory. (Dark Crusade style gaming) so from being a rather basic lord with no more than a powersword and power-armour (for possible starters) he will gain other stuff like icons and marks etc. He may become a Demon Prince at the end of it all, wh knows.
    My sorceror will be as fluffly powerful as i can make him, as he was an advisor to Bob.

If i can find a fair sized Black Legion/Undivided army to fight, i will possibly narrify that as Tarrak fighting Bob or one of his other lieutenants. Wether i win or not, i will probably 'subsume' some of their troops into my army... (after their commanders death/surrender the chaos warriors of the BL force decide its best to join with a stronger lord, to save their hides)

For starters im going for a Mortal and Undivided army and will probably include a fair few bikers for my raids (C.P) after gaining size and playing normal sized battles, i may add demons, which i have yet to read up on etc etc. I plan to add units that feel i need etc, so if i feel i need Termies to take on certain opponents then i will go buy some etc.

For the Warbands Symbol, i wouldnt mind using the World Eaters Symbol and turning the 'world' into a 'vortex' (so the vortex is inside the jaws/fangs) i just need to find a way of painting the 'vortex' properly/convincingly

Now, thats all got to be extended and typed up in detail, but what do you think so far? is it Plausible?
    and Fluff-Masters? Please dont rip my head off for any minor mistakes 0:

cheers,
    Shaabhekh:happy:

In the name of the Emperor and for the Glory of the Imperium... Gimme Back My Girlfriend! :(

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

i think its very viable so go with the idea maybe use a latin online dictionary for names of the sorceror
    Miss Spam Master 2009
    The Briny Series: Urban War Beginnings | Cygnar
    Thrallstudios

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

chaos fight chaos? JK they do it all the time and if your lt hates his boss its vary vary pausible he will try to kill him. So i would say go for it. My only question is why did they choose that name?
    "Ah, but the truth is like an expensive whore, Jerek. She comes in many dresses and will bend over for any with the money to pamper her." ~ Konrad von Carstein

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnight View Post
    My only question is why did they choose that name?
    Vortex Vampyres? hmm, im not sure why i chose that name lol, it was something i came up with when i was making up Enemies for my Lunar Hawks

i will come up with a Plausible reason for it, for now i think it will probably have something to do with the fact that they are raiding backwater planets, and are coming out if nowhere (maybe a vortex tunnel from ship to planet?) and they favour drinking blood (hence the Vampyre bit and their favouredness from Khorne ) any good? lol
    In the name of the Emperor and for the Glory of the Imperium... Gimme Back My Girlfriend! :(

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so do you plan on playing with bezerkers? To answer your question it seems like a cool name i was just curious where it came from thats all.
    "Ah, but the truth is like an expensive whore, Jerek. She comes in many dresses and will bend over for any with the money to pamper her." ~ Konrad von Carstein

Proud banner bearer of LO Codicier_Valkus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is sounding very good half the time Chaos is fighting itself to select the strongest and the sneakiest, I have a few names to toss in the hat that you could use perhaps as your placeholder name won't really make the masses of Imperial Citizens shudder in fear of such evil power:
    -Kor'Soir the Damned
    -Mor'Khan Darkflame
    -Horixio the Doomsayer
    -Diasporo the Chosen

Share and enjoy! ^_^
    "Fight for justice, not revenge."
    FoW Gepanzerte Panzergrenadiers who took a wrong turn at Tunisia and magically appeared in Normandy as Panzer Lehr: Wins: 11 Losses: 8

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kor'Soir the Damned - that got a french style saying to it? sounds kinda cool im pronouncing it similar to Kor'Swar the Damned, correct me if im wrong

as for playing with berserkers, no i wont, i think i will play basic marines etc, and prolly just add some 'Khorne Demonettes' at a later date (elegant/beautiful yet blood craving female vampyres things )

i have yet to work out wether i actually with be with Khorne for good, i mite just have it as a favoured god, while still maintaining my Undivided'ness

anyway, any other comments/critism or questions?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It reminds me of Wonderboy by Tenacious D. Otherwise some nice and imaginative fluff (woot 50th post).:party:

Boris for PM! Go Bojo

+ Reply to Thread