Adeptus Astartes-Star Hounds - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adeptus Astartes-Star Hounds

Here you go, my very own fluff for my very own chapter!

First, the essentials!

Chapter Name: Star Hounds

Colors: Burnished Brass for the body, Brilliant White for the auto-reactive shoulder plates and sections of soft armor.

Emblem: Black canine skull with a yellow star in the central forehead.

Homeworld: The primitive world of Xanthus. Xanthus is a world that is kept under a constant state of organized industrial development. The people of Xanthus are organised largely around a dog-culture, with great warhounds serving in the armies of Xanthus' kings, and massively powerful dogs providing labor in the manufactoria. Dogs factor into every facet of life on Xanthus, from hunting, to domestic work, to industry, and warfare. As a chapter founded from the blessed gene-seed of Rogal Dorn, the members of the Star Hounds make use of the pervading mentality of partnership and loyalty cultivated by the people of Xanthus. Xanthus is a temperate world of grasslands and decidious forests alongside massive stone-walled cities.

Tactical Doctrine: The Star Hounds make extensive use of pure infantry tactics. Since they took part in a running battle against a splinter chaos marine sect of Iron Warriors in 267-314 M37, in which their armoury was reduced to a meagre twenty something armoured vehicles, the masters of the chapter have focused in improving the total lethality of individual marines to an extreme level. As a result, the brothers of the chapter take to the field of battle armed and ready for every contingency. Bolters in hand, combat shields on their wrists and chainswords at their hips, the Star Hounds make war with their feet on the ground, face to face with their enemies. As can be expected of a group of warriors in modern war without the assistance of armoured vehicles, the Star Hounds are ferocious infantry, excelling both in long range firefights and eye to eye melee, storming hardpoints and fortified positions where even other chapters would balk, and taking little casualties in the process.

As a result of their base populations affinity for dogs, certain aspects of their gene-seed are different from other chapters. For one, their sense of smell is highly acute, even by Astartes standards. Brothers in squads feel an instinctual loyalty towards one another, especially to their veteran sergeants. The sergeants are often selected by a conclave of chaplains and the librarium, as well as senior officers. When they are selected, they are assigned to the tenth company where they take command of a squad of new recruits. These raw recruits are taught the matters of war by the sergeant, who then keep the squad under their command until he feels the whole group is ready to advance, at which point the whole group is promoted to the rank of full battle-brother and they take their place back in the battle companies.

Their fleet presence is considerable, consisting of two battle barges and four strike cruisers. They are viewed quite favorably by the allied forces they have fought with, as their unique perceptions on loyalty and service to the Master of Alphas, the Immortal Emporer of Mankind, and no task is impossible enough to prevent their full effort to serve the Emporer.

Special Rules: Veteran sergeants of the Star Hounds must take the skill True Grit at 3+ points.

Special Characters: Alpha (Captain) Rex Hedorak-Captain Rex has led the Star Hounds 2nd Company for one hundred and twenty seven blessed years. In his time, he has overseen the purging of space hulk Angel of Rust, repelled an invasion of Tau fire warriors alongside the Sisters of the Ebon Chalice on an Imperial Shrine World, and has taken part in hundreds of campaigns against the heathen outsiders of the galaxy, bringing the Master of Alphas light to the dark places of the Imperium. Under his leadership, sixteen new battle squads have been formed, as well as overseeing replacements into depleted units, with minimal failures. However, he conceals an ancient wound caused by the Tau, when they slew the entire squad he was a part of and had served with for over half a century. As the only survivor of the ferocious battle, he was promoted to sergeant by High Alpha (Chapter Master) Hannibal. His first task as sergeant was, of course, to found his own new battle squad. He spent the better part of a decade molding and training his new squad into the fighting unit it is now. When he deemed the scouts ready to advance, he was rewarded with a set of artificer forged armor by Hannibal, with an integrated Storm Bolter on the left gauntlet. Along with the his power spear from his former sergeant, Tibon, he ascended to the rank of Alpha of the 2nd company, where he served under Tibon, and he remains there to this day, rooting out the foes of the Master of Alphas and bringing their ruin.

Captain Rex: Artificer Armor, Storm Bolter, Boros (Master Crafted Power Spear), True Grit

Boros: Forged by Techmarine Ajax two millenia ago, Boros is typical of the fighting spears of the people of Xanthus, though larger. Roughly six feet long with a three foot long blade, Boros is wielded like a glaive, and the hum of its power source emits a low whistle that summons any nearby dogs to fight in aid of its wielder.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hope you guys enjoyed!!

Thoughts, comments, criticisms...?

A swirl of color and sound, a multisense blur I taste with my fingers and, and me at the center...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    72 (x3)

Wew. Once you've seen space marine chapters revolving around dogs, youve seen it all huh?
    Well, you certainly made it work, but who is this master of Alphas? WHy not some information on who the chapter master is, and maybe a special character sheet on him? Besides that, its all pretty solid work, good job.
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...d.php?t=104497
    PM me about Aurora Prime Vassal fights! Willing and ready!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I appreciate that, Alien, and provide some detail I shall!

High Alpha Hannibal has been the Chapter Master of the Star Hounds for near on four centuries. In his time, he has formed seven new packs, both from raw recuits as a young brother himself, and from squad less veterans as a seasoned warrior. He ascended to the rank of High Alpha after the death of the previous master, and was forced to fight for it against contenders, as was custom. In his case, Hannibal, master of the Third Company, did battle with Veronas, exalted master of the First Company. Using his superior agility, Hannibal bested Veronas and rose to the rank of High Alpha. Upon doing so, he was steeped in the secret lore of the chapter by its most senior chalains and librarians, and was bestowed a blessed cloak which would ward off the most lethal attacks, and ancient wargear belonging to the past High Alphas of the chapter. He has reigned supreme in his position ever since, and no end looms in sight.

High Alpha Hannibal: Artificer Armor, Adamantine Mantle, Meltagun, Master Crafted Thunder Hammer

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Sorry, but that's all I can come up with right now. Let me know what you fluff-tastic people have to say.
    A swirl of color and sound, a multisense blur I taste with my fingers and, and me at the center...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    72 (x3)

Thats cool. Thunder hammer/ melta gun is the most BadA** combination in the world. Not that it really helps that much, but theres nothing that looks cooler if you model right.
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...d.php?t=104497
    PM me about Aurora Prime Vassal fights! Willing and ready!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, Melta/Thunda does rock pretty hard. Honestly, I designed this chapter out of my love of pure infantry tactics, as you might have seen in other threads I've been involved in.

I can't explain it, but the sight of dozens of heavily armoured bodies, shooting their way up through a town and hacking and slashing through alleyways and buildings just does it for me. Throw in a few dreadnoughts for the big guns and I'm hooked!

Don't get me wrong, Ilike tanks and armored vehicles and all that, but I just like the idea of soldiers going and getting it done with their bare hands.

I'll try and do some more characters later. No creative juices at the moment.

+ Reply to Thread