Chaos Adepta Sororita - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chaos Adepta Sororita

I was just reading the autobiography of the nun St. Teresa of Avila for a history class, where she describes how she (metaphorically) felt an angel stabbing her, pulling out her heart and entrails to purify her, and how the pain 'felt good'.
    Which inspires me to ask the question: how possible is it for the Adepta Sororita to fall to Chaos, specifically Slaanesh, worship?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

Its definately more possible than grey knights falling to chaos, but I'm willing to bet its still slim to none. Last time I remeber reading about chaos trying to corrupt sisters, they either fought till they died or clung to their faith while lesser men were turned.

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It may be possible, but difficult. AS pray fervently, probably more then most Imperials. This is likely what gives them their Acts of Faith, which IMO are likely physcic manifestations of the Emprorer reaching out to protect his servants. If the AS are so zealous that the near dead Emporer watches over them, I think it would be hard for the Ruinous Powers to get even a foothold within the minds of soritas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

It would probably be very hard to corrupt an SoB. They are very pious and zealous and it would have to be done over a very, very long time. The comic book Daemonifuge tells of the Seraphim Superior Ephrael Stern who goes renegade-ish and is hunten by the Imperium for her 'crimes'. She doesn't fall to Chaos, but she's pursuing a personal agenda.

I don't think Slaanesh would attract SoBs because they are trained from birth to negate their personal desires. I can't see any of the major gods attracting AS actually. Perhaps Chaos Undivided and a quest for absolue power.
    More likely a chaos follower would make the SoB think that she does the will of the Emperor rather than following Chaos too.

Edit: Refrshing my knowledge of Daemonifuge, there's actually a Chaos Cult of Slaanesh in the Order of the Martyred Lady... So I guess it's possible, if very unlikely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

Yeah, sure. It's possible. It's not mentioned anywhere, but it's definitely possible.
    The above poster = Totally a member of the Fluff Masters Clan. Click here for fluff pwnage.

Come, sons of LO! Kneel before Poodle!

Mr_Wayne: "Some people believe that the World Eaters do not field any ranged weaponry. Those people often die at a distance."

King of France techmarine Rannon Zriker's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as poodle said it's possible, but the problem is telling how, I mean these chicks would do anything for the emperor, ok maybe not everything (perverts shall be called witches and then be purged. they're sisters not daemonettes)

so you have to have a very good explanation for evil sisters, I dunno maybe their ship somehow got into the Eye of Terror and one by one they either killed themselves or "accidently" worshipped chaos to get them out, thinking it was the emperor.

meh, I dunno, I'm half asleep and can't figure out any other reasons

maybe she was jealous because daemonettes got to go around naked and she didn't? oh and she was half drunk at the time? that might work, but still need to find out why a sister would drink.
    Create flames for a galaxy and it will be warm. Put a galaxy in flames and it will be warm for the rest of it's existence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only known instance of a mass conversion of sisters towards chaos was in the Daemonifuge comics. Where a non-militant arm of the sisterhood studied a Keeper of Secrets for years. When a militant arm scouted the planet they were corrupted, but it doesn't explain how.

However, you must remember that even this incident is the only recorded case and it wasn't even published by Games Workshop or mentioned in a codex, just Black Library. Basically, there are only two groups less likely to fall to Chaos than the Sisters. Those are Grey Knights and the Adeptus Custodes.

Only very small groups of Sisters would ever fall at a single time. Not entire Orders, their faith is simply too strong, too indoctrinated for something like that to happen.
    Most important rule when facing any army with the Imperials is that you have to play like you have nothing to lose. Go big, or go home. Play like you have a pair. You cannot fight the enemy with subtlety or else you will get demolished.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

If anyone, I could see Tzeentch doing it. He has the motive (because he can!) and the patience to see it through. I doubt it'd happen over a single generation, but instead would take a very long time.

I envision it starting with a single Sister seeing what she believes to be a ghostly apparition of the Emperor. Obviously it's Tzeentch masquerading, but she wouldn't know this. Tzeentch wouldn't give any commands, but instead do something non-committal, like hold out a hand and gesture before vanishing.

Word spreads that said Sister has had a vision, marking her for greatness. Over the years, she has more and more visions, each becoming stronger than the last. Eventually, she is declared a Saint and given control over her own order. She orders statues built of the Emperor as she envisions him, and ever so slowly the Order starts using those statues as their focus for their prayers.

As such, as time passes, and without their knowledge, they no longer worship the Emperor, but the false images presented by Tzeentch. When their Acts of Faith start failing them, Tzeentch again appears and explains how they need to regain their faith. Whatever task(s) Tzeentch gives them will seal their fate and damn them to corruption.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now that makes sense, I do belive that Tzeentch would have the greatest chance of corrupting Adeptus Sororitas is indeed through a very long time and starting it small and spreading out like that.
    I'll be damned before the soldiers of the Emperor are just left to rot!
    Last words of Colonel Densit from the Rahaxin 19th

"DISS NOT THE EMPEROR'S POINTED STICK, HERETIC!"

If it doesn't work with the Emperor. Then it's been officially Karmooned!!!

BEWARE THE POWER OF THE LIGHT-BRIGHT!

Has a monkey! Imperialis_Dominatus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x5)

Indeed, Tzeentch is perhaps the most corruptive god imaginable.

Good addendum to your sig, Caluin:

Of course I've gone mad with power. Have you ever tried going mad without power? It's pretty dull.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast