Dude, where's my monastry? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Monkey of Mystery The Paint Monkey's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    743 (x8)

Dude, where's my monastery?

I've been pondering the Crimson Fist's fluff quite a lot recently and a couple of points have been really jarring to me.

This gets a little involved so you might want to bring yourselves up to speed here- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crimson_Fists

My question is this- who really destroyed the Crimson Fist's Fortress Monastery? Sure there was an ork invasion but there are several stories of Fortress Monasteries holding off sizable attacks- Space Wolves and Ultramarines both jump to mind.

OK, then.... This missile that apparently struck an 'unknown weak point in the fortress design'. What the hell? It was able to detonate the entire arsenal and no-one thought to check if it was bomb-proof? How long have marines been building fortresses- possibly off a standard design and still they make a blunder like this? I smell a cover-up.

We know that the Crimson Fists are notorious for taking on other chapters at the instructions of the administratum. I've read they have wiped out or brought down at least two other chapters- the Sons of Gideon and the Marines Vigilant. Has this brought about some sort of retribution or even a pre-emptive strike by some other part of the Imperial forces? Under cover of an Ork invasion how possible would it be for another chapter, inquisitorial force or even imperial assassins to plant explosives in the armoury and redirect a single missile to cover their tracks? Was it aliens?

So... Who didn't want a marine chapter that effectively worked for the administratum and was prepared to remove or cripple them as a threat? Remember- the Crimson Fists came pretty close to being dropped into the 'irrecoverable battle losses' box after the Rynn's World disaster.

Who, frankly, would have the stones?

Last edited by The Paint Monkey; October 14th, 2007 at 06:09. Reason: Spelling
    No more NG spearmen, thanks! Now I need some pump-wagons!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

mmm interesting
    thatd be an different twist on the fluff they could have a special compnay searching for the chapter that attacked them etc
    Miss Spam Master 2009
    The Briny Series: Urban War Beginnings | Cygnar
    Thrallstudios

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    542 (x8)

Perhaps a DA or DA successor chapter, weakening the pets of the Administratum if they felt that their secret was threatened? Or one of the cursed founding chapters, afraid that the CF would be used to wipe their mutated chapter out. Blood Angels successors who are given to violence and have been attacked by the Administratum before? Just a few ideas I had, good luck!

Tekore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x3)

I like the idea of Space Marine fallibility to be honest. They retain a sense of humanity and normality about them, that a combination of poor design and bad luck can cause such damage.
    This isn't bad tactics or an unbeatable enemy, just rotten luck.
    Keeps them a bit real compared to the perfect way marines in general are portrayed.
    I can't say I've seen it all but I live for the things that keep me hollow.

+ Reply to Thread