Lost Saint (idea for a series) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    254 (x5)

Lost Saint (idea for a series)

I have a new idea for a series, based off a kill-team that I'm going to get. I plan on getting the miniatures during the winter, and a digital camera for Christmas (or sometime shortly after), and I want to create a 40k series based on the actual battles/ missions/ adventures I have, win or lose.
    I'd like to know what you think about a series based off a series of battles using the kill-team rules. Do you think it's worth the while?
    I'd also like to know hwat you think of my background...

Around 2,000 years before the modern 40k universe (yes I know the irony)
    The House of Judico obtains a rogue trader warrant by the high lords of terra due to their loyal service and sacrifice. They set up operations near the Maelstrom and begin to create a trading dynasty.

Around 700 years before
    A new group comes into the heart of the House of Judico's operations. They call themselves the Scelestus Guild. They manage to gain a foothold, but are nowhere near as powrful as the Judico. What allows the Scelestus to to survive is their tendency to trade with even the shadiest clients and stock of some illegal goods from drugs to weaponry, thoguh it is not proven.

Around 400 years before
    Tensions rise and fighting breaks out. Although it never escalates into war, both sides begin to arm all their vessels and people. The height of this conflict happens when the Scelestus capital ship, the Jackal's Crown manages to cripple the Judico's captial ship, the Iron Hammer. However, the Judico manage to restore the ship.

Around 200 years before
    War seems eminent, however neither side is willing to take the risk of war. So, the head of each faction, Raymund Tural Judico and Guillias Forge meet. A wager is made between the two. The stakes are raised the cards are layed and Guillias is the winner. He obtains the rogue trader warrant and the Scelestus take control. The Judico's black Serpent is replaced by the Scelestus's dark red Jackal.

Around 150 years before
    The Judico are broke, powerless, and on the verge of collapse. They are prepared to bow out when they find out a piece of important information. Guillias has cheated out Raymund (who by then had been killed by a faulty warp drive engine, plunging his ship into the warp without navigation). Tricked and humiliated, the Judico live off the scraps of the Scelestus, biding their time.

A few years ago
    The Judico had risen to power again in secret. They had given the Imperial Authorities better bribes than the Scelestues and had made more friends. Their ships were hidden in docks all along the region of space. Their armies were hidden amongst the populace. In a fell swoop, they attacked. In what is known as the Scelestus massacre, all the descendents of Guillias were killed. Some were lost with the Scelestus fleet, others were murdered in the night in their private mansions. All but one.
    A family reject had been sent away to keep him out of family affairs. He was a lazy, disrespectful drug addict who took more illegal substances than he sold. He had lost an eye in a bar fight because he had tried to pick a fight with an Imperial Officer. If it were not for his family, he would have been executed.
    He had spent his years in exile on his old, fragile, sorry ship, the Rat's Claw. He was sought out and discovered by the few survivors, aboard the Jackal's Crown. Not knowing what to do, he renamed the vessel the Scavenger's Pride, took the Rogue Trader warrant, and ran, the Judico hot on his heels.

Ash Forge, the last descendant of Guillian is on the run. He uses his warrant to travel the stars freely, searching for ways to make more money. He looks for money money so he can get more exotic and dangerous drugs. His small, paltry fleet is run by a few servitos who are poorly maintained, and by a band of ruthless corsairs and outlaws. He inherited the nickname "Lost Saint" because another reason his family exiled him was his interpretation of Imperial Creed. Wherever he goes he has a poor habit of quoting Imperial dogma at the most inappropriate times. His knowledge of Imperial credo is that of a Saint, but his views on it are satyrical and lost.

Example:
    Imperial Officer: "Rogue Trader! Where are those weapons you promised?!"
    Ash: "Your faith in the Emperor is your greatest weapon."

So, what do you think? If the idea seems to be accepted, then I'll hopefully have it started up around the turn of the new year.

I am heading off to the Peace Corps. It is bery likely I will not be back. Good luck to all of you endeavors.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    283 (x6)

Well, I find it a little unlikely that the conflict/slaughter would be so great as to warrant being widely known, much less as a massacre. However, in local regions, this would be fine, as the locals would have seen or heard of it. I think it's a really interesting story, I'd certainly be interest in following it. My only turn-off is the fact that he actively pursues exotic drugs, I could see them as a nice side habit while he tries to make money. Perhaps you could spin things a bit and say he's trying to get himself back on track but can't kick the habit or something.

Overall quite nice.
    "If you can wait til I get home, then I swear we can make this last."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    254 (x5)

hotspike,, I'm glad you like the idea, and you bring up a few good points.
    FOr one, I meant that it was known as the Scelestus Massacre just in the region it happened. I'm sure all the other areas around the Maelstrom have more important problems to think about.
    Perhaps Ash is a little too unlikeable. In my defence, he actually only seeks wealth, he just ends up always blowing that on his habit. Maybe I should just make it more of a side thing. I'll definately take it into consideration.
    I am heading off to the Peace Corps. It is bery likely I will not be back. Good luck to all of you endeavors.

+ Reply to Thread