Sons of Argus - Iron Hands 2nd Founding Chapter - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sons of Argus - Iron Hands 2nd Founding Chapter

The Istivan IV Tragedy took its tole on all those involved. The Luna Wolves, World Eaters, and Death Guard had shown their true colors, and it was here that the Iron Hands Chapter was almost eliminated, the sons of Mars nearly whiped from existance. With the end of the Crusade against Horus, in which the holy Emporer nearly lost his life, bless his immortal soul, did the remnants become splintered at the urge of the Ultramarines Primarch. The Adeptus Mechanus had lost many of their brothers against Horus, and a new Chapter was raised, in secret, to carry on their teachings in the arcane machinery at the heart of the Imperium. Argus Daei, one of the few remaining Iron Fathers, oversaw the development of this new chapter, dubbed the Sons of Argus. While he was no Primarch, he was a potently proficient with his knowlege of technology, a fact that kept him under the watchful eye of the Inquisition should such a powerful individual go rogue. It was in secred that those sent to Mars to train under the Adeptus Mechanus from the Imperial Guard that the Sons of Argus were built. the Adeptus told the former guardsmen's commanders that many of their students had died in the grafting process, which was a common and unfortunate truth, for many did not survive the extensive surgeries and implants required. Remnants of the Iron Hands and the Brazen Claws also supported this new chapter, allowing for their Gene-seeds to be replicated for use with their new brothers, knowing that in doing so they could be deemed heretical by the Inquisition and purged with no second thought.

The Sons of Argus remained a secret for 47 years, until the passing of Argus Daei, when upon his death bed he told of his secrecy to redeem himself in the light of the Emporer, yet this was of little consequence. Those that had survived augmentation were already mixed within the Iron Hands and Brazen Claws, their blue armor and red adeptus hearaldry leading to many questions from fellow chapters. It was not until Ferris Durai, the pupil of Argus Daei, stepped forward and called the Sons of Argus to him, that the Inquisition became aware of their existance, and kept a stern eye upon them. 3 known inquisitors, including the fabled Gregor Eisenhorn, took the field with Ferris and his brothers, and saw that while they may have come into existance in a way frowned upon by their brothers, the Sons of Argus were just as dedicated, if not more, to the Emporer, yet their reverence for the Machine God seemed to come above all things. While this seemed heretical in nature, the great warmachines would suffer were it not for the brothers of the Sons of Argus willingly stepping in, and servicing the great war machines of fellow chapters, as well as their affinity to calm the restless spirits bound within the noble dreadnoughts, their ability to communicate with the old ones treasured as an asset that can never be lost.

To this day, the Sons of Argus have been kept under strict servalence of the Inquisition, while thier battle brothers speak of their unending sacrifice to keep the warmachines of the Imperum working, so that their spirits can crush the heretics, mutants, and xenos for years to come.

(i tried, but if i botched it up, let me know and ill work on it more)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Has a monkey! Imperialis_Dominatus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x5)

When is Eisenhorn's life set? I'm pretty sure it's a long time after this Chapter would have been founded and all these events would have come to pass in the timeline you set up. Other than that, decent stuff. Could afford to be a little more in depth though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dont know, i like it. But many people frown on fluff that has new 2nd founding chapters, those are pretty much set in stone. If you want to keep eisenhorn, then why not have the chapter be created later on mars while some of the iron hands and brazen claws techmarines are there in training?
    I reject your reality and substitute me own!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

allright, ill take this information into account. Mind you, it will take me a moment to rework it, but thanks for the input.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    542 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Imperialis_Dominatus View Post
    When is Eisenhorn's life set? I'm pretty sure it's a long time after this Chapter would have been founded and all these events would have come to pass in the timeline you set up. Other than that, decent stuff. Could afford to be a little more in depth though.
    He's around beginning in the M41.200's, so yeah.

Tekore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

and it was here that the Iron Hands Chapter was almost eliminated, the sons of Mars nearly whiped from existance.
    A little correction here, only the Iron Hands first company was at Istvan. The rest of the fleet was some way behind the rest. The majority of the Legion survived the Drop Site Massacre because they weren't their. The primarch was so eager to bring justice that he left his fleet behind after it was recovering from the damage done by Fulgrims Fleet on one of the only ships still able to make the journey.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for the corrections. Im not a big fluff nazi here (no offense intended) so i didnt read that far into it. As i said, i am working on it and the fluff is reshaping itself, so give it a little time, took me a week to come up with even that O.o

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    142 (x5)

It works well, but as said the 2nd foundingness isn't really necessary and problematic continuitywise as all the chapters in that founding are accounted for. Argus could possibly have been a marine from the Iron Hands used to train the Sons (which would be renamed from something else to honour Argus, I presume), possibly a techmarine who attained some other rank and yet saw his pet chapter devastated, using machine augumentations to save them, thus bringing in an element of geneseed tampering (which I'm not sure the Brazen Claws' involvement is necessary for).

Also, I'm not sure that Eisenhorn himself is needed; bandying arond big names for personal fluff makes things awkward, although inquisitorial involvement is kind of required thanks to the technoheresy engaged in. Possibly throwing in a penitent crusade would be good, too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay, reworking my fluff from scratch, here she be...

It was on Istavan V that the 3rd Company of the Iron Hands chapter were slaughtered, along with their battle brothers at the hands of the heretical beings that were once their allies. While the massacre remains in Imperial History, the fact that some survived this attrocity is not noted. Argus Daei, Iron Father of the Iron Hands 3rd Company, looked upon the field, his worn form sagging as his cybernetic eyes beheld the atrocity, a curse in his mind for they could never lie. It was his decision to gather the dead and dying, and retreat to Mars, home of the Adeptus Mechanus and the Omnisiah, returning to his save haven. The heretics had lost their faith in the Emporer, as had he, yet his faith in the Omnisiah, whom he pledged his life, was stronger than ever. Apocetharies sought to remove his brothers gene seeds and allow them to be re-entered into the Chapter, but were unsucsessful. Argus had found hope in his desolation, spending years rebuilding his once human brothers into pure machine, save for those organs necessary to their survival. His heresy was noted by the Inquisition, and several failed attempts to investigate his progress were made, yet the Adeptus Mechanus forbade their trespassing onto their sacred ground, and it was fear of breaking the bonds between the Emporer and the Machine god that allowed Argus to continue his work unhampered. As men from across the Imperium came to mars to train in the ways of the Omnisiah, several were brought into Argus' order, one in particular named Heror, a promising adept and staunch ally of Argus efforts. He had been shunned by his battle brothers, deemed insane for continuing with this action which had already cost the Iron Hands greatly, and their ties were broken once and for all. Argus was no longer considered their battle brother, his name scratched from their records, as a blemish is whiped from glass. Heror himself had been forgotten, as he aged alongside his mentor, aiding both in his efforts and the conversion of his flesh to steel. What once was a man was no more, merely a machine encased within his hand-crafted armor, as was his mentor and 'father' Argus.

It was not until Inquisitor Yorrik was finally granted access to mars that he learned of the heresy Argus was commiting, a chapter of marines, no longer human but almost as puppets, granted their free will and loyal to Argus and the Machine God. With Argus' execution, the Inquisition thought his heresy was washed away, the young Heror left to live, thought to have been an unwilling puppet of Argus Daei as well. It was as if the Machine God himself had protected Heror from their gaze, protecting the work of his mentor so that his efforts would not be in vain. Thus Heror had stepped into Argus' place, granted the title of Iron Father, his gene-seed, debased by the multiple implants and modifications to his body, was enfused with the marines, their lifeless eyes opening for the first time in almost 82 years. The remnants of their human selves entombed within their bodies of steel, the Sons of Argus were born, the work of Daei finally comming to light, as the two barges 'Retribution' and 'Infeurion' released from their dry docks. While looked upon as the works of a Heretic, the Sons of Argus were needed in this time of war, and a Crusade of Redemption was granted, the Inqusition and High Lord of Terra willing to look beyond past ills if the Sons of Argus were willing to embark on a seemingless endless crusade to redeem themselfs in the light of the emporer. It was with this that the Sons of Argus tasted battle after their long slumber, and Father Heror relized his masters work had not been in vain. To this day, the two barges travel from heretic worlds and chaos infestations, still on their crusade to redeem themselfs in the light and prove that while they are no longer men, they are still willing servants and Angels of Destruction in service to both the Omnisiah and the Emperor himself.

(yea, not too good at this, if this is worse i will try again. Thank you all for helping me with this, it is greatly appreciated.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    72 (x3)

You know, it isint well written, and the idea that Heror filled all of the dead bodies with his gene see dosent work, and the idea of the omnishaa didnt exist during the emporers time, but i honestly think this idea has alot of potential, and is highly original. THe idea of taking dead marine brothers and making them machines is a really cool idea. If you just did a little fluff digging, i think you could make this a great chapter fluff!
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...d.php?t=104497
    PM me about Aurora Prime Vassal fights! Willing and ready!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast