11th Company, Black Talons. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

11th Company, Black Talons.

I guess you could call me a returning 40k player. I played way back in the mists of time, but between Dawn of War and my son being old enough to play I'm getting back into it.

I've had an idea for a Chapter of sorts gestating for a while, but my fluff knowledge isn't as good as it once was. I'd be grateful for a critique of the writeup below with my apologies for any glaring contradictions to published material, particularly ways to improve it. I'll have writueps of the company's characters along later.

I know the Space Wolves have a 13th Company, but I came up with the 11th before I discovered this and the names pretty well stuck in my head now.

11th Company, Black Talons.

Belived to be a 21st founding successor of the Dark Angels, little is known of the Black Talons except they were belived lost to the warp for almost a century. Sightings of them have them similarly garbed to Dark Angels but their tactics do not.

Infact, the Black Talons were all but destroyed by a warp storm. Fighting the Fallen on the planet Eridanus VI, they wrre forced to make a fighting withdrawl after their foes foolishly unleashed the power of an ancient Chaos artifact. When the storm clea red, the fleet was gone, with the exception of 1 strike cruiser. On the planets surface, some 100 marines remained, those who had not made it to the transports in time, or had been out of communication when the order to withdraw went out.

Foremost of these, the Brother-Captain of the Talon's 1st Company, formed the remaining marines into an ad-hoc 11th company, steadfastly refusing to accept that the rest of the company had been destroyed. Salvaging what vehicles and equipment they could, they returned to the one remaining cruiser and to this day, search for their lost brethren.

Notes: Black Talons use Dark Angels vet minatures as I love the robed look but function as Trait Marines.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Formerly BrotherAzriel Horus Lupercal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    138 (x6)

i like it, short, simple, but intresting.

What sort of tactics do they use? and what effect has this whole event had on them physicaly/psycologicaly?
    PROUD TO BE IN THE BRITISH ARMY.
    ~~ Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death~~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tactically, they are in a 'make do with what we have" situation Company composition is approximately 25% Vets, including the vehicle crews, a little over 33% if just counting Marine Squads. They have no dedicated assaullt or devastor squads and limited transport capabilities. Assault duties are undertaken by the Vet squads (including a Librarian command squad), anti-armour by pretty much everyone except the LCS).

Psychologically, the biggest impact is their refusal to admit their brother Marines are dead. They consider them 'lost' and will not stop looking for them as long as they (the 11th) draw breath.

Physically, they are changed significantly, but only for fluff reasons. The 103 members of the 11th (not counting cruiser crew and other support staff) are cursed to search for ever. Whilst they are no harder to kill than other Marines, they regenerate just about anything short of total vaporisation, rendering them effectively immortal. This has no game impact, just fluff for how they can continue their search without being wiped out to a man.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    264 (x6)

That's actually a really interesting twist on their search. Sort of like some Daemon Worlds, especially those dedicated to Khorne, where people are cursed to fight forever and even if they die, they get resurrected the next day to keep fighting. Sorta reminds me of the stories of ghost ships too, except that it's more like a ghost strike cruiser...

Keep up the good work. I look forward to reading more about them.

+ Reply to Thread