My 40K ratmen fluff, not hrud - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    King of France techmarine Rannon Zriker's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My 40K ratmen fluff, not hrud

Not Hrud, just a ratmen horde, if this goes well I'll be making more background material. review, criticise and generally hit your head on you keyboard because of the long time it will take to read this.

Hordes of the undying Rat

Nobody, save for I know of their origin and if you promise not to tell, this will show you everything…

It all started on a death world, Kroot mercenaries have crashed there, and sent a distress signal that would only be answered centuries later. On the planet there were many exotic species, but giant rats were clearly dominate. The Kroot warriors fought for survival and one trait the obtained from the rats was a berserker like fury that not only left many beast dead, but praise from their brothers.

Celebrations were not for long though, for a Genestealer scouting force invaded the planet, and for years the Kroot did not know it until the foul Xenos attacked the Kroot and open war was initiated. After months of battle, the Kroot emerged victorious and feasted upon the flesh of the genestealers and inheriting many traits, the most notable of which, was the implant ability, which aloud for the Kroot to turn future generations of rats into slaves.

Eventually they reached an evolution pause, for each and every warrior was a rat warrior, standing no more than four to five feet each. A chaos vessel intercepted the message, hoping to find mercenaries to fight for them. Instead, they found Rat Warriors, that they named Ratmen. The Ratmen had a primitive hive mind of sorts, and quickly allied with the cultist, knowing very well it was the only way off the death world.

On the Voyage to cause havoc, the Slaaneshi cultist noticed something; some of the children they had were furry and had animalistic characteristics. They did not know how, but they suspected the Ratmen from the very start, no doubt do to the rats’ constant ambushing cultist when no one was around and implanting their genetic data. Also they learned the rats had the ability to produce approximately 100 offspring a year per female.

Knowing fair well that if anymore rats where born that there would be no room on the ship; the cultist ejected hundreds of rats into space angering the Ratmen to no end. Finally anger let to war and in the cramped corridors of the spacecraft, the cultist were overthrown, and the consequence was ejection into space.

Soon learning to pilot the craft, the met up with an Imperial fleet which was conquered by insane boarding actions, for the Ratmen as it was soon known could survive in the great void of space for limited periods of time. After overthrowing the Imperial fleet they had many more spacecrafts, and could breed many more soldiers.
    Their fate as of yet? Unknown, for now….

Not bad for first time fluffing if I do say so myself, and I'm only 14!

Last edited by techmarine Rannon Zriker; December 3rd, 2007 at 21:42.
    Create flames for a galaxy and it will be warm. Put a galaxy in flames and it will be warm for the rest of it's existence.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

Wow. Kroot rat pets bred with Genestealers. Genestealer kroot rats. Genekrats.

That's pretty cool, if I do say so myself.
    The above poster = Totally a member of the Fluff Masters Clan. Click here for fluff pwnage.

Come, sons of LO! Kneel before Poodle!

Mr_Wayne: "Some people believe that the World Eaters do not field any ranged weaponry. Those people often die at a distance."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's more like: Kroot eat rats, then eat genestealers, then genekrats inject genestealerness into rats, so those giant rats become slaves to the rat-kroot genestealer peoples, which thanks to Poodle here, will currently be known as Genekrats!

I'm so going to have to come up with a reason as to why a full out nid invasion didn't attack them yet.
    Last edited by techmarine Rannon Zriker; December 3rd, 2007 at 21:08.
    Create flames for a galaxy and it will be warm. Put a galaxy in flames and it will be warm for the rest of it's existence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    216 (x7)

'The Rand Corporation, in conjuction with the saucer people under the supervision of the reverse vampires are FORCING our parents to go to bed early in a fiendish plot to eliminate the meal of dinner!'
    Arch Overfiend & Grand Despot
    I currently play:
    Doom Eagle Space Marines
    Hive Fleet Omega Tyranids
    Goff Ork Boyz(dead)
    Tau of O'me
    Inquisitorial Xeno Hunters

and my attempted foray into fantasy
    'Dark Angel Green' Dark Elves in need of fluff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by omegoku View Post
    'The Rand Corporation, in conjuction with the saucer people under the supervision of the reverse vampires are FORCING our parents to go to bed early in a fiendish plot to eliminate the meal of dinner!'
    ok, WTF?

anyway expect more this week, if school doesn't kill me that is...

and the title of the next chapter is

Praise to the Emperor!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

Only big problem I know about with all of this is that the kroot elder shapers have forbidden the eating of any tyranid life form because of the effect it has on any kroot warrior that takes in genetic material from nids. (It causes the kroot that took in the material to become a crazed killer, little more than an animal with only the most basic of brain functions left to them.)

The berserker trait these kroot of yours gained from the ratmen bears some similarities to the whole nid problem; so that might be something that they would not do either.

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe these Kroot were isolated, and they lived there well before the Kroot Elders met the Tyranids?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Imperator100 View Post
    Maybe these Kroot were isolated, and they lived there well before the Kroot Elders met the Tyranids?
    bingo! and how many kroot survive on a deathworld without eating the inhabitants? or how many people know kroot don't eat nids? Also who's to say that the ratlikeness didn't mess with their minds, or this kroot warband has ever heard of tyranids? it's just a random kroot warband, use your imagination!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bamf! more fluff, as in PART 2!

Part 2: Praise to the Emperor!

After many years on the great voyage, the Rats started losing their sight. The reason is unknown, but is most likely from the lack of light on the spacecrafts. Alas, sight was not required, for the beasts’ hive mind was enough to allow them to “see” through the warp. The site was primitive, only allowing them to see ten to 20 feet in front of them, but since they always traveled in packs, the worried not, for the seers always brought them the right way.

Soon enough they ported onto an unsuspecting Imperial world, the foolish Xenophobic Guardsmen and Marines had no clue what they were up against. For the power and numbers of the Rats was too much and the world was conquered as the crown jewel of the rat. Starting from their base on that planet now known as Da’ka , slowly but surely, they invaded and conquered many an imperial world and made their superior presence known.

The Seers started to read, and scriptures, signs and whatnot told them of the Emperor of Mankind. Thinking of him as a god, they got all the rats to praise him, for fear of being destroyed as a heretic to The God-Emperor of Mankind was too much for them to comprehend. Sadly they did not know what he looks like, and envisioned him as just another rat only with supernatural powers. Now, their combined praise slowly caused a rift in the warp which over time created a new chaos god: The Horned Rat. She consumed the entire planet of Da’ka in her creation, and when the Rats escaped from the rift, not only was it centuries later, but they had new daemonic weaponry and an entirely new goal: Conquer all, for it is hers!

Face it, everyone needs a god (except Tau) and what better than to copy from fantasy and use the Horned Rat? ok, it's not exactly like fantasy's Horned Rat, because It's female, was created by the worshippers, etc.

and unlike Slaanesh, she's all female, not a hermaphrodite!

EDIT: I made it more of an "over time" thing than an instant "BOOM CHAOS GOD!" thing, thank you poodle for helping me think of that.
    Last edited by techmarine Rannon Zriker; December 5th, 2007 at 05:14.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

Well, I guess it stands as an example of why not to eat Tyranids.

I would make the Horned Rat's genesis a little more credible. Chaos Gods don't up and pop out of nothing on a whim, although it's interesting that she was born from their belief in the Emperor. Maybe if the genekrats infested a whole bunch of hive worlds first, and the Horned Rat was spawned slowly over time.
    The above poster = Totally a member of the Fluff Masters Clan. Click here for fluff pwnage.

Come, sons of LO! Kneel before Poodle!

Mr_Wayne: "Some people believe that the World Eaters do not field any ranged weaponry. Those people often die at a distance."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast