Scavenger's Pride, The Beginning - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: What should Ash do now?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let's get out of here, I'm bored.

1 16.67%
  • Hey, I think I'm going to take a random stroll.

1 16.67%
  • I want to see the port... and the women.

2 33.33%
  • I'm hungry. Let's check that place over there.

0 0%
  • Something smells funny. I wonder what it is?

1 16.67%
  • I'm going to take a nap in my chair.

1 16.67%
+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    254 (x5)

Scavenger's Pride, The Beginning

In a dimly lit bar, a man walked through. He was powerfully built, his muscles easily shown through his flak vest. He walked with purpose up to the bartender, an elderly man who looked more dead than alive.
    "Tell me barkeep, I am looking for a man named Ash Forge, do you know who he is?"
    The barkeep responded is a very raspy voice, "Ash Forge? Can't say I know that name. Then again, few people ever say their names in my bar."
    The man seemed to be weighing his options. He looked around, trying to see everyone around him. His bionic eye went to work, trying to find find Ash. The man had a profile on his quarry. Ash had bright, orange hair, just as all his damned family did. He had one eye missing, lost in a bar fight to an Imperial Officer. If those Scelestus dogs hadn't intervened and exiled Ash, he would have been executed. In fact, Ash's exile was the only thing that had kept him alive. If he had stayed, he would have been killed with the rest of his ilk.
    The man, confident in himself began walking up to the different tables. Most of the people here were scum, pathetic resemblances of humans.
    As he passed by, people took notice to th black snake tattoo that ran down his right arm. It marked him.
    He kept looking around. There were two big men arm wrestling. A few men were propositioning some hookers. A man was dealing narcotics with some sort of rat mutant. A charismatic looking man was busy talking to a group of friends. That had to be the man.
    "Ash Forge?"
    "Excuse me?"
    "Don't act dumb Ash Forge. You see my mark," he said, pointing to his tattoo. "I am a servant of the House of Judico. Hand me over the rogue trader warrant, and I may let you live."
    The man blinked a few times. "What are you talking about?"
    The Judico servant reached out and grabbed the man by the shirt and lifted him into the air. His friends stood up and pulled otu their guns, but the house of Judico soldier was already firing, killing those that stood up. The few others who had not raised their arms began to back away. "You take me for a fool? I can see that your right eye is an implant. Your hair color has been changed. No one has natural green hair, do they? I can see that you have a tattoo on your right arm. It's a dark red jackal, isn't it? Isn't it?"
    "No, it's a starship! It's an organe starship!"
    By now, the Judico servant was gritted his teeth, a large vein was protruding from his forehead. "We'll see!" He used his gun to pull the man's sleeve back and saw an orange starship. "What? Impossible... hyuck!"
    The servant of Judico released his grip on the man who scrambled away in a panic. A large fist had punched through the belligerent. He slumped down, dead.
    Above him stood the man who had been dealing with the rat mutant. He clenched his powerfist a few times. The man semed barely awake, he looked as if he had not slept in days, or showered in weeks. Although the first was probably due to the substances he was taking, the latter was probably quite true.
    A short, portly man whose face looked more like a blob than anything else trotted up to him. "Ash, this man's from the House of Judico. What do we do now?"
    "How should I know?" asked Ash. He walked back over and continued his business dealing with the rat.

All right, here's the deal. I am going to start some stories about Ash Forge, rogue trader. Right now, he is being hunted down by a group known as the House of Judico, who seek his rogue trader warrant. Ash is complete loser. He spends most of his time on alcohol of drugs. He has few real friends. His health has gone down the drain. However, this empty shell of a man has the potential of a hero in him. First, he has to escape the Judico though. However, Ash is morel likely to go on a whim, more than anything else. So, you all get to play the voices in his head, telling him what he should do. Each possible decision will lead to a different type of kill-team mission. This winter break, I plan to play out whatever mission is chosen and to let the plot go from there, win or lose.
    So, what do you think Ash should do now?

I am heading off to the Peace Corps. It is bery likely I will not be back. Good luck to all of you endeavors.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    72 (x3)

Um so....are we allowed to comment what we think he should do? Or is the poll the only answers?
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...d.php?t=104497
    PM me about Aurora Prime Vassal fights! Willing and ready!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    254 (x5)

Well... for now Ash is not in a very reasonable state of mind. As things progress, and as Ash (hopefully) picks his sorry butt out of the mud, more comprehensive decisions will have to be made to where a poll won't be able to suffice. For this first one though, I would rather Ash just sort of wandered into trouble in one of the six ways described above. After the first game or two, I will be taking comments to determine actions.
    However, feel free to give any insight you want. I want to hear what people think of this idea, and their ideas for the story itself. I've heard people ask about stories actually based on the progression of battles and I thought using a kill team would make that a lot easier and more fun. I also hope, that by getting other people involved, that more people will become interested.

I will already say that I will be fighting IG this first time (probably having my sibling play them) and that each one of the six choices represents a different mission from the kill team section of the rulebook. However, I also made the order random so it's not like the first choice is sabotage, the second assassination, etc. I just hope that I don't end up with reconoitre...ugh.
    I am heading off to the Peace Corps. It is bery likely I will not be back. Good luck to all of you endeavors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

72 (x3)

Well actually, this is a really awsomely cool interactive way to keep your warhammer game interesting! I really enjoy this, and can't wait to act as this ash fellows, "alter ego".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

72 (x3)

So...is everyone in the bar his pal or something? and where did he get a powerfist.....i guess we'll learn the history later then? lol sorry for being so inquisitve.
    o and...whats a Rogue Trader Warrant?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

254 (x5)

Let's see to answer your questions...
    Nope, most the people in the bar are strangers.:drinking: Most of his people are out and about. More on that when the fightin' starts. Yes, you will learn about how he got a powerfist. A rogue trader warrant is basically what gives rogue traders the authority to make them do what they do. Sometimes it contains the rights to a ship, certain trade routes, and allows them to explore uncharted space, hence why they meet, utilize, and recruit xenos so often.

Just so people know what the plan is...
    The first fight is going to be in a week and a half about... hopefully. After that, there will be a second battle based on what occurred in the first battle, and what people think should be done next. Then, once again there will be a decision to be made, depending on what has happened in the previous two battles, determining if there is one last fight or not, and what to do next. After that, there will be a break as I'll be back off to school and it will give me time to think about where to go next.
    The first battle will contain additional information on Ash.
    The second battle will contain additional information on the Judico.
    The last fight/decision will contain additional information about the conflict between the Judico and the Scelestus.

Oh, and feel free to keep taking the poll. I'll probably make a decision on the first battle in a week. Although I can do it with only 5 people responding, I hope that more people can get into this idea. :party:

+ Reply to Thread