O'Dev'n's "Flash Fire" - An Apoc Fluff - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member Shas'o Tau Dev'n Kauyon's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

O'Dev'n's "Flash Fire" - An Apoc Fluff

I've been constructing Apocalypse lists in my head lately and this is how I imagine my 3600 point army, "Flash Fire," conducts itself.

It started as a simple intro to the Army list but I got carried away...

I haven't written like this in quite some time so please point out anything you find and, hopefully, enjoy!

“Flint Alpha…”

“…Tinder Beta…”

“...report.”

“Enemy troops confirmed in sector Theta, Shas’el…”

“…and Zeta, Shas’el…”

“Confirmed.”

The simultaneous dawn and dusk of Do’bel’s opposing suns is normally the twice-a-day blessing of the prosperous mining city of Boh’al.

Now though, it lies it ruin.

It had been two decs since the orbital bombardment of the Lay’ek crater and it was time to take Boh’al back from the Gue’la.

Hiding in the blinding light of the brother suns setting and rising on the east and west respectively, Shas’els D’Ka (Twin Strike) and D’Ta (Twin Soul) nod to each other through vid screens confirming the scout report.

The bombardment wasn’t enough and they would have to commence the Mont’ka.

Gue’la fighters were still tracing lazy circles around the massive crater, their reflections obscured by the dust cloud still expanding over the once clear water at the basin. The light filtering over the mountains illuminates the giant column, highlighting its many swirls and puffs.

“Wind Team, what is your ETA?”
    “Fire Team, what is your ETA?”

“Will be arriving in less than thirty Rai’kan (seconds) D’Ka.”
    “Will be arriving in just over thirty Rai’kan D’Ta.”

“Excellent, Flint Alpha, move out!”
    “Excellent, Flint Beta, move out!”

“Team’s Tinder Alpha and Beta, commence the attack!”

Twin explosions from within streets of Boh’al visibly stretch the heavy cover at the base of the mushroom cloud.

It was a simple, but so far effective tactic of the Fa’Saum (Flash Fire) contingent under the command of Shas’o Tau Dev’n Kauyon. A perfectly coordinated attack with identical units sowed just enough initial confusion to gain the upperhand in a risky Mont’ka.

Frantic reports of the same units approaching from opposing sides and enemies already within the inner defenses would deliver critical moments of unorganized enemy fire…and D’Ta and D’Ka had spent their entire lives making the most of it each and every one.

From the stratosphere of Do’bel, aboard his personal Manta, the Ru’Xauk (Crafted Birth), O’Dev’n watches as his most trusted Els enact their plan.

On the main screen of the bridge O’Dev’n observes the Wind Team, a trio of what the Gue’la call “Barracudas,” close on what his earth caste advisers have decoded as “Thunderbolts.” In a hail of charged plasma and missile fire, two of the enemy fall while the third and fourth barely dodge the main fire of the third Barracuda’s ion cannon.

The display on the left is more personal. 18 different screens display the status of each and every XV8 in Fire Team Alpha and Fire Team Beta. Their elevation is dropping drastically.

“Fire Teams will reach ground zero in approximately 3…2…”

Teams Flint Alpha and Beta skim towards the ruined city in perfect formation. The command tanks of D’Ta and D’Ka lead the two triangles of Hammerhead Gunships in a sharp spiral, firing round after round of air-igniting slugs, creating numerous holes in the rapidly dispersing dust cloud.

Above, the final Thunderbolt explodes in a shower of debris, marring the swirls of water below created by the speeding Tau tanks.

“This is Wind Team confirming elimination of enemy air support and arrival of Fire Team’s Alpha and Beta.”

Despite the chaos of the XV25 Tinder Team’s sneak attack, the entire haze above the city depresses. The wave of dust washes over the basin of the lake crater encompassing both Flint Teams as they reach the base of the the Boh’al city plateau.

Back on the Ru’Xauk, O’Dev’n watches with pride as the main screen switches over to the now clear view of the city. Missile and plasma fire pour like water as Fire Team Alpha and Beta let loose their fury from the few buildings still standing in the center of the town.

O’Dev’n shifts his eyes to a holographic projection of a line of treaded tanks on the far right of D’Ta’s Armoured Interdiction Cadre. He points at three of them and immediately a small red missile disappears from beneath symbols of the Wind Team’s ammo stock.

Nearly instantaneously the tanks disappear from the projection.

“This is Flint Team Beta confirming the launch of Seeker Missiles 3 and 4 from Wind Team Barracuda 1 and subsequent destruction of 2 Gue’la tanks.”

“Confirmed El’D’Ta, proceed along the left path. El’D’Ka is already swinging around from the right to take care of the remaining tanks.”

“Yes, Shas’o.”

With a sigh O’Dev’n finally sits as his El’s on the ground and dutiful bridge Shas’la engage the last of the shattered Gue’la forces.

Damage reports and hit confirmations fill the comm channels as O’Dev’n closes his eyes.

“Flint Team Alpha Tank 3/1 has taken a hit to its primary weapon, switching to rear position.”

“Confirmed.”

“Tinder Team Beta withdrawing due to unstable conditions, please confirm enemy status in zone Tango.”

“Negative Tinder Beta, enemies registering in the north-east sector…”

"Confirmed, will make the jump to intercept."

“This is Wind Team Barracuda 2 heading back, I think I have fuel leak”

"Confirmed.”

Trusting his Tau to finish the job, O’Dev’n tunes out and looks at the orbital feed.

To O'Dev'n, the near-perfect circle of Lay’ek still seems serene bu the central dot he knows to be the once-prosperous mine town of Boh’al stares like the pupil of a judging eye...

Was the bombardment necessary? We’ve retaken the city with only superficial damage. Perhaps I should have gone with Kauyon and drawn the “humans” out and away from the city…

“Shas’o!”

O’Dev’n is snapped back to the main screen by the synchronized utterance of his name by Shas’els D’Ta and D’Ka, their piercing eyes and furrowed brows searching for confidence in their commander.

“You’ve done well my comrades. You’ll be promoted at an earlier age than I was!”

Both El’s relax with the same side grin on both their faces.

“It was a good plan Shas’o…”

“…the Gue’la are far too found of static defenses…”

Together they deliver the final remark:

“...we had no choice.”[/quote]

I realize it can be a bit confusing...my friends say I should have tried it in comic form rather than text since as is it reads far closer to a story board than a narrative.

My own notes:

Not a lot of damage detail...

Nothing from the Imperial side...

Dialogue experiment probably isn't worth it...

Group names too similar...

Perspective shifts are too numerous/inconsistent...

Lack of focus (primarily action but than that sappy junk at the end, no "main" character)...

Well, have at it folks!

O'Dev'n

Sig by:Knape, The Celestial, and Marlinspike, thanks guys!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow i like i like even though im a SM player it was cool reading bout the thunderbolts being torn to peices, very cool, did u make up those names like Rai’kan (seconds) ?
    even if u did make them up very nice job, continue!! ;?

Senior Member Shas'o Tau Dev'n Kauyon's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by General_Rex View Post
    wow i like i like even though im a SM player it was cool reading bout the thunderbolts being torn to peices, very cool, did u make up those names like Rai’kan (seconds) ?
    even if u did make them up very nice job, continue!! ;?
    I made up some of the names and such but many of the Tau words are readily available online in various fluff resources.

Thanks for the comment BTW, glad you liked it.

(Even if you do play SM. )
    Sig by:Knape, The Celestial, and Marlinspike, thanks guys!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

It was a nice little story. Good work. ;Y

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    72 (x3)

definatly hard to follow that com chatter, but that makes it even better! It simulates the complexity of a well organized and timed military operation.
    good job.
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...d.php?t=104497
    PM me about Aurora Prime Vassal fights! Willing and ready!

+ Reply to Thread