The Lost Templar - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is the beginning of my Lost Templar chapter, and this is the fluff and how it began

To the Emperor:
    My lord and savior, you may recall some time ago the rumors of a warp rift in the Armageddon system. You had me send a small detachment off the Alpha Omega Prime Battle Barge, led by your trusted Champion Eckard, and his first officer High Marshall Aaron. They and their group of Black Templar were dispatched to inspect these claims. We lost contact with the detachment eight days ago, and have not heard from them since. Not only have we lost a number of high ranking officers, but the detachment included multiple Dreadnaughts, Land Raiders, in particular a Land Raider Crusader, and numerous units garbed in Tactical Dreadnaught Armor. We dare not send a recovery team, for if Eckard and his men were not able to remove the threat, the entire Alpha Omega Prime legion couldn’t.

To the Emperor:
    More bad news, my lord. Infrared imagery taken from circling probes shows a mass, what might be called an infestation, of daemons from the warp rift. Whether sent by the cursed Despoiler or just drifting in from the daemon realm, they pose a large threat to our forces in the region. We cannot land to recover Champion Eckard and his units without being seen by the daemons. Further news, there seems to have been a Chaplain with the detachment, against orders, Chaplain 1st Class Roland. He was newly ordained and highly ambitious, not to mention rather strongly odious towards anything remotely chaos. We questioned his tutors to find out more, and his mentor mentioned that his parents were lost to a daemon raid and he was sent to military, obtaining highest marks in everything, with an eerie conviction. Further news shall be sent to you directly.

To the Emperor:
    My lord, it has been several months, we fear all troops on the planet lost, and so have been proclaimed dead. This tragedy shall not leave the confidences of this room, the troops of Alpha Omega Prime shall be notified of the secrecy, and none shall know. Once the warp rift closes, we will investigate further. On the off chance that Eckard and his men are still alive, we shall drop a crate of munitions keyed to Eckard’s and Aarons voice and fingerprint patterns, with a self destruct function if any warp spawn attempt to get too close. We can only hope that they fought and died in your honor, or continue to fight on in your name. Be sure that they fought every final moment of their lives, and if there is any chance of their survival, they may yet return one day.

Journal Entries of High Marshall Aaron

Day 1:
    Our first day here, the troops are full of confidence. The fact that we have Champion Eckard leading us means morale is soaring. Although the Chaplain that joined us, Roland, claiming that he had orders straight from the Emperor, seems pompous and altogether unprepared for this expedition. The terrain here is not unlike that of the planet Earth. Entirely suitable for sustaining life, yet there is none to be seen…not even the scanners are picking up anything. We move in to the area of question tomorrow at first light, and we will find out if we need our training or not. My men and I have fought countless battles against the Chaos, and the number of daemons and daemon-kin I have slain with these two hands is countless. There is not a man amongst us who has not proven himself in the heat of battle, and I could not ask for a more loyal and worthy squad. May the Emperor guide us to certain victory.

Day 2:
    We have been on the move for 12 hours now, keeping at a constant pace with no more than a break for feeding at midday. The men could go on for days at this pace with only the thought of killing daemons sustaining them. They are truly the Emperor’s finest. Champion Eckard is not making any exceptions for himself, anything good enough for my men is good enough for him. I am still wary of Chaplain Roland. I cannot complain that he is not keeping up. On the contrary he is a rather exemplary soldier, and as much as I hate to say he is also technically my equal, although he has yet to challenge my authority. I would very much like to know why he came on this expedition, as his motives are yet unclear to me. I shall take him aside soon and talk to him, although I have little right to do so with someone of his rank. Fortunately experience counts, and I have 25 years compared to him, who has just come out of training. Tomorrow night we should arrive at the alleged warp rift.

Day 3, Morning:
    Something tripped the alarms surrounding our encampment last night, disturbing the recuperating troops. When we sent a unit to check on the commotion, they returned back with nothing to report. This is most distressing news. We sent a report to ΑΩ Prime, and have yet to hear anything in response. We will just continue on our current path, and we can pass whatever it was off as an overlarge lizard that walked across the border, or a Marine that woke up and had to take a *****. The unwavering tenacity of my men will truly strike fear into the hearts of their enemies.

Day 3, Evening:
    We reached the site, there is nothing here, we will be sending for our transport soon, and I, along with Champion Eckard, will be making our report to the Emperor’s chief advisors. I am almost sorry for the troops, they worked themselves into a near frenzy over the thought of destroying Chaos in the name of the Emperor, and they will not get their chance until our next mission. One of my men, a levelheaded Techmarine, swore on his honour and the Emperor that he saw something move in the distance, though for the life of him couldn't describe what it was. Well we shall wait here until our ship off this odd planet arrives.

Day 4, Evening:
    I shall never forget this day as long as I live. This morning, mere hours after we set off towards the transport rendezvous, we were ambushed. It was like nothing I had ever seen before; it was as if the whole of the warp opened unto us. We didn't even have time to get into formation. The disappointment in my men that had come from lack of fighting turned into daemeocidal frenzy, they fought with such skill and passion that they killed daemons unerringly and with incredible speed. The way our caravan was set up was the Black Templar squads at front, on foot bolters at the ready, followed by the men armed in Tac. Dread. Armor. We moved our eight Terminator Assault Squads into our Land Raider Crusaders and pushed it up the line. With our extra tansport we took our close combat armed Templar and put them in Rhinos, all thirty squads. Our Land Speeders took up tactical position around the border, in case of any daemon lords. Our ten Dreadnaughts kept just behind the Rhinos for cover fire. Myself, my command squad, and Champion Eckard jumped into a Land Raider Crusader as well. The Assault Squads, led by Champion Roland took off racing towards the enemy with an ambition unsurpassed by any of the rest of the troops. Looking back ha must have worked them into a blood frenzy, not enough to start fighting amongst the men, but more than enough to make them more dangerous than before. He truly is a gifted man. We shall not let this happen again. Eckard has made an announcement that we shall not leave this planet until the Emperor's job is done, and the Warp Rift closed. The men actually cheered.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ran out of time, ill do the battle report tomorrow

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good stuff for the mom, please continue. I wanna see how they fight against the demons

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there's a little bit more, not much, but this is nowhere near to being done

Closed Thread