Special Character And Fluff - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is A special character I designed for my daemonhunters army and the fluff about him.

Grand Master Darius Augustus of the Grey Knights

Points WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    355 6 5 4 4 4 5 5 10 2+/4+*

Wargear: Nemesis Force Sword, Psycannon, Grimoire of True Names, Terminator Armour (bonuses included above), Sacred Incense, targeter, Icon of the Just (bonus included above), bionics

Psychic powers: Holocaust, Destroy Daemon

Special Rules: Independent Character, bodyguard, Unmatched Swordsman: Grand-Master Darius may reroll 1 failed hit and 1 failed wound per assault, Emperor’s Blessing: Grand Master Darius can reroll one failed armor save per player turn.

Fluffy goodness

Grand Master Darius Augustus was of one of the first recruited Grey Knights. He excelled in training and distinguished himself on the field of battle, quickly rising to the rank of Justicar. After pushing back an incursion of Traitor Marines on Grakos 6, he received a suit of terminator armor and underwent the Emperor’s Soul Binding. After many more successful campaigns, he achieved the rank of Brother-Captain and honed his psychic abilities to the point where he could unleash a devastating explosion of psychic power upon his enemies. Finally, after thousands of years and millions of battles, he became a Grand Master and a member of the Inner Conclave of the Inquisition. Mastering his psychic abilities, he became an almost unstoppable bringer of destruction to all who would oppose the Emperor. After single-handedly banishing a Bloodthirster of Khorne from the material plane, he was brought to Terra and received a psychic blessing from the Emperor himself.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

seems good

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's okay. I think he's a little expensive though.

Neverwhere,London, United Kingdon of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Darius sounds pretty good as Grandmaster.....I'll see about including him to my force....

Any more fluff you can include

One thing is the part about the thousands of years. Unless he is made from geneseed from the Emperor he should only live up to one thousand years or so.
    Whoso would be a man must be a non conformist
    People should be taught what is, not what should be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just one thing, space marines dont undergo the soul binding (as far as i can remember). Mainly because the soul binding leaves the mortal blind and thats not very good for a space marine, plus the grey knights are chosen from the most powerful psycics, those who do not need soul-binding. Sorry if i'm being picky , but I can't help it with 40K fluff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep.....read about the nerves such as for eyeball being destroyed by the soul binding. There are also cases of losing sense of smell and in the extreme their tastebuds. It would certainly make an Astropath's daily life a burden.

I always thought that if the Grey Knights do undergo a form of soul binding. This may not be as detrimental due to the fact that they are powerful psykers and can protect themselves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where did you read all the fluff on the extra effects of the soul binding? Just curious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Primarily from the rulebook.

As for the other effects of the soul binding. That was from the Inquisitor wars.

Jaq Draco recruited an astropath, an old woman who not only lost her sight but also her sense of smell and taste.
    She only had a cat as her companion.......really sad fate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah ha, the old woman, I remember her now. I read them so long ago I thought she'd lost smell and
    taste through astropathic work rather than soul binding.

But if I pull out the book and have a look......

...... I see you are right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You would think that after all these millenia a way can be found to protect their senses from being damaged by the soul binding. A few alpha plus psykers added to the mix should do.

Closed Thread