Who ate the emperor?!?!? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Formerly BrotherAzriel Horus Lupercal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    138 (x6)

Who ate the emperor?!?!?

Ok, i had a thought, its theoreticly never going to happen, with the fleets, the fortress, and if Maccarage can stop one then Terra can, but..

lets say the nids land on terra, breech the palace and...

EAT THE EMPEROR!!!!!!

with the genetic assimilation the nids have, and the emperors power, what would become of the nids? could they handle it? would the emperors immortal soul battle within the hive mind, a titanic battle of wills?

Speculate my dead children............

PROUD TO BE IN THE BRITISH ARMY.
    ~~ Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death~~

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I spose it realy depends on wether the fulse emperors soul is still around in the first place.
    Providing its not just some big lie spread to keep the imperium from falling to the glory of chaos then the nids would have a good battle on there hands.
    Imo the emperor is ether gone for good or hes a heck of alot more powerfull than anyone realises.
    I could easaly see this ending in an epic battle cripling nids but leaving the emperor weak and then chaos or orks being sneaky and trying to score a win for themselves when the two superpowers are down.

King of France techmarine Rannon Zriker's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

on terra there are 4 imperator titans guarding the palace, from the inside. yeah, nids totally got the edge.

I'd say they'd absorb his body, and make better use of whatnot, and he'd become that whole "star Child" thing and kill all chaos, control the nids, and makes the crons oil themselves.
    Create flames for a galaxy and it will be warm. Put a galaxy in flames and it will be warm for the rest of it's existence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    283 (x6)

Well, assuming the Emperor's soul lost the mental battle against the Hive Mind, I imagine the Hive Mind would bond itself to the Emperor's body, giving itself a physical manifestation and making an uber-tyrant of super doom. Though if the Emperor managed to reincarnate himself somewhere, he might be able to put a stop to it.
    "If you can wait til I get home, then I swear we can make this last."

Charitably Tables People MVBrandt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x5)

The presence of a Nid fleet blots out the powers of the warp - that's all the Chaos gods and everything else, including the Astronomicon, etc. etc., all blotted out by the psychic presence of one 'Nid hive fleet.

The fluff, as far as I can tell, implies that nothing can or will stand up to the 'Nids attacking at full strength, something they haven't even come a fraction of a percentage close to doing.

So I think if they ever did barrel up to full magnitude, the galaxy would fall like leaves in Autumn ... inevitably, inexorably.

After that? Well, sure would be somethin' funny if the Emperor's soul were so powerful that he could invade and control the Hive Mind, or even "become" the Hive Mind, and cleanse the galaxy at the helm of an unstoppable army bent to his every whim. Something tells me, though, that despite all his power, he'd be utterly enveloped by the psychic presence of a hive fleet large enough to take Terra itself.

The other thing is that the 'Nids aren't known for soul eating. If the warp is utterly blocked out, how do souls even get there (in the fluff, that's what happens, right?)? Would the Emperor simply cease to exist, his soul left with nowhere to go, his body devoured?
    Nids & Guard
    GMail = MVBrandt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    -78 (x0)

Hey guys do not forget the Tyranid are feasting on orc planets as we speak, and latest reports show that there bigger then ever. After they devour the rest of the orc they will move on more beastily then ever!!!!!!!:drinking:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a hypothesis that when people die when the warp is engulfed in the Hive Mind, they are actually absorbed into it, becoming yet one more of the countless cacophony of hungering minds, or something like that. I think if the Emperor were devoured by Nids'... well lets just say I don't forsee the Nids' losing a fight anytime soon (and not just in this galaxy)
    "A souls screams are merely their cries of thanks to the Chaos
    Gods!" -Brigand

"Horus was weak. Horus was a fool. He had the whole galaxy within his grasp and he let it slip away!" -Abbadon The Despoiler

The Kroot: You are what you eat.
    Tyranids: YOU are what WE eat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    435 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by MVBrandt View Post
    The other thing is that the 'Nids aren't known for soul eating. If the warp is utterly blocked out, how do souls even get there (in the fluff, that's what happens, right?)?
    No, Tyranids donít eat souls, only physical matter. The Hive Mind doesnít block the warp in the same way Necron Pariahs and Pylons do, by solidifying the interdimensional barrier and cutting off all connections to the ethereal dimension; rather, the Hive Mind simply occupies all the mental wavelengths of the warp with incessant Nid chatter, like a static signal on all channels, preventing others from utilising the warpstreams for communication and as power source.

Whether the Hive Mind is a stronger psyker than the Emperor can be debated, though, as the Emperor is without a doubt the most powerful psychic entity native to our galaxy. The Illuminati believe that should the Emperor die and His disembodied soul become the Star Child, He would be the most powerful warp god ever to exist. Not only is He incorruptible, He also protects those Soul Bound to Him, such as astropaths and Grey Knights, from the depredations of Chaos.

The Hive Mind, however, does not show the same resilience towards Chaos. It has been known for Tyranids to be corrupted; the Iron Warriors keep an enslaved Hive Ship as a transport vessel, and Genestealers sometimes dedicate themselves to Chaos to obtain additional psychic abilities. The Hive Mind is also rumoured to have been breached by other psykers, such as the Ultramarine Librarian Tigurius, in which case it would hardly be a match for the Emperor.

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherAzriel View Post
    with the genetic assimilation the nids have, and the emperors power, what would become of the nids? could they handle it? would the emperors immortal soul battle within the hive mind, a titanic battle of wills?
    If the Tyranids were to eat the Emperorís body, they wouldnít care much about the Emperorís soul at all; their primary concern would be to absorb and assimilate His DNA. It is thought that Space Marine genes have already been incorporated into certain Tyranid strains, such as the Tyrant Guard, and Space Marines are but pale imitations of their Primarchs, who are again lesser clones of the Emperor Himself; with access to His pure undiluted genes, the Tyranids would become unstoppable, practically immortal, likely with vastly enhanced psychic capabilities, powerful beyond imagining.

However, I think this is unlikely to happen; not only because the Emperor Himself is such a powerful psyker and would resist the violations of the Hive Mind as He has those of Chaos, but also because humanity would never allow the Tyranids to breach the Imperial Palace. More important than any number of Titans, the Inquisition has access to an untold number of Untouchables, psychic blanks who function similarly to Necron Pariahs by entirely blocking the warp; their presence would disrupt the Hive Mindís control and make the Tyranids easy to fight; their strength lie in overwhelming numbers and superb coordination, remove one and they inevitably falter. If humanity were to make a last stand against the Tyranids, they would be sure to use this very powerful advantage and simply block out the Hive Mind.

Itís an amusing thought experiment, though.

~Greph.
    "Girls are nice and cuddly on the outside, and freaky on the inside." ~ Lost Nemesis.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

780 (x8)

I would say nothing much, beyond the Imperium not having an Emperor. After assimilating Ork and Space Marine genetic material I don't think they would find anything special in the Emperor's vegetative body (note lack of regeneration here). The Emperor's psychic abilities are what make him powerful, as others have pointed out, and there are logical limits to how 'good' DNA can get.

As for Hive Mind vs. Emperor's Brain, I doubt there will be a fair fight. The Imperium would be throwing every last anti-psyker weapon into the fray. I think it more likely that the Chaos gods would take on the Hive Mind personally before that happened--you can't corrupt a dead galaxy, after all. Besides, Abbaddon wants the Emperor for himself!
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    264 (x6)

It's difficult to measure the Hive Mind's true psychic strength because no one knows exactly what it is. The most plausible theory, in my opinion, is that the Hive Mind is the warp manifestation of the entire Tyranid race. Or, more specifically, their predatory instincts. The Tyranids are united as a race by a single overriding desire: to feed on anything and everything that they come across. This pure and primal instinct then coalesced in the Warp to form the gestalt consciousness that is the Hive Mind. The interesting thing about such gestalt entities in the 40K universe is that they are almost universally stronger than any other psychic force in existence. There are only three such entities that we know of at the moment: the Power of the Waaagh!, the Hive Mind, and the four Ruinous Powers of Chaos. Essentially what the Emperor would be pitting Himself against is the psychic might of an entire race.

Of course, one could also argue that the Emperor exists only in the Warp now and has become a gestalt entity Himself due to the power of the Imperium's faith, in which case He would very much be a match for the Hive Mind on the etheric level, though on the physical level it will fall to the mortal armies of mankind to defend His body from the Tyranid swarms.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast