Chaos views on Geneseed - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x3)

Chaos views on Geneseed

How do CSM's view the geneseed? Do they try and save it like loyalists do, or do they not really care? Is there any geneseed worth saving?

It is touched upon briefly in various books, one of the Uriel Ventris novels springs to mind, and the Soul Drinkers also, but generally speaking do they bother?

I can't say I've seen it all but I live for the things that keep me hollow.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    264 (x6)

The geneseed is of similar holy significance to Chaos Marines as it is to Loyalist ones. Perhaps even moreso because they typically don't have easy and ready access to it unlike Loyalist chapters, unless they strike a deal with the clonemaster himself, Fabius Bile. Many sorcerers use geneseed to power their rituals, especially when they have a particular grudge against a certain chapter and Perturabo was able to become a daemon prince by bartering the geneseed of over 300 Imperial Fists to the Chaos Gods.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

so can they take loyilst geneseed and use to make csm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    264 (x6)

Yes, but they will always be looked down upon by their battle brothers because their blood is not pure and they will have to fight that much harder to prove that they are worthy of their name. This isn't the case in all of the renegade warbands; it really depends on the personality of the one who is leading them. If you read Storm of Iron, Honsou is treated with disdain because he is not a true Iron Warrior but actually implanted with geneseed from the Imperial Fists (presumably captured at the Eternal Fortress).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

As mentioned, they do steal geneseed, both from the corpses of enemies and in planned raids on ships carrying geneseed, etc..

Am I remembering right that some of the Red Corsairs fluff in the new dex features them recouping the geneseed from fallen brothers? If so, they must have their own geneseed still.

The legions however, seem to be too mutated to use theirs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I would guess yes and no, they probably have some of their own, and they probably try to keep it un-mutated, but yea alot of it must get corrupted and become unusable (they probably try it anyway or promise it to the Chaos Gods or something)
    "A souls screams are merely their cries of thanks to the Chaos
    Gods!" -Brigand

"Horus was weak. Horus was a fool. He had the whole galaxy within his grasp and he let it slip away!" -Abbadon The Despoiler

The Kroot: You are what you eat.
    Tyranids: YOU are what WE eat.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    542 (x8)

I assume it's still part of the process. There's a short story in "Let the Galaxy Burn!" (I know, I know, Black Library and all that) where Fabius Bile is collecting loyalist Geneseed for his purposes. I imagine it still takes a Space Marine (the physical parts) to make a Chaos Space Marine, and so geneseed is crucial.

Tekore

Has a monkey! Imperialis_Dominatus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x5)

While they don't seem to have an Apothecary unit (besides Bile) represented on the table, I'm sure they have some way of getting hold of geneseed. And, because it's harder for them to get, they likely treat it with at least as much reverence as Loyalists. Though Loyalist geneseed might be disdained due to origin, it still is geneseed, and thus vital to the Legions.

I heard an awesome idea for a daemonic engine that harvests geneseed from both sides once... pretty sweet idea, too bad GW didnt' put anything like it in the Codex. Oh well, always hope for Codex: Daemons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

Theres speculation that the Alpha Legion might somehow be able to produce there own geneseed, because the bulk of there forces are outside the EOT, and dont have the longetivity that the other chaos marines do. that, and from the story in the new chaos codex, they seem to steal geneseeds or hypnotize loyalists.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The most basic problem with this type of fluff is its contradiction with other fluff. You see, while it is perfectly okay for most of the Legions to produce new CSM from captured or otherwise aquired Geneseed, i just can't imagine a bunch of World Eaters going to the long, costly and complex process of creating another Battle Brother (remember, even with the help of Chaos, it would still take years, if not decades to create a fully grown, battle-ready Space Marine), while all they think of is butchering people. Same goes for the Death Guard (yeah, creating new organs an implanting them in a way that the subject survives is fairly easy when you basicly a rotten, plague-infested walking corpse), Emperors Children (to perform surgery that goes for days on end is really a pleasure, i guess) and Thousand Sons (i guess to be a pile of dust can't come in handy in this matter, while your average Chaos Sorcerer can simply create new daemon-minions if he chooses to).
    Humanitas dominatus omnis, de iam dum terminus aetas

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast