Terra's Halo - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Terra's Halo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Terra's Halo

I'm having trouble making the fluff for my Space Marine chapter Terra's Halo. Can anybody give my some help?

When you dodge, "I won't let them kill me." If you protect someone, "I won't let them die." If you attack, "I will kill them."

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    72 (x3)

alright, why don't you start by typing some general ideas or things you want your chapter to be about, and then we can move from there.
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...d.php?t=104497
    PM me about Aurora Prime Vassal fights! Willing and ready!

Aliens ate my soul. Chubby_Jedi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    358 (x6)

What kind of help do you need?
    do you have any ideas so far?
    such as their homeworld, battle tactic, battle honours?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    I AM BOOMER!

Aliens ate my soul. Chubby_Jedi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    358 (x6)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    I AM BOOMER!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So far what I have is the're White Marines with gold trim and detail. I plan to give some commanders wings. I do want them to be loyal if not accepted by the imperium.

When you dodge, "I won't let them kill me." If you protect someone, "I won't let them die." If you attack, "I will kill them."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wings is a little questionable, because it is a fairly large mutation, but Sanguinus had wings. The story is up to you. If you don't want them accepted, then you might want to read up on the soul drinkers, but if they are accepted, you could find reasons that the wings have saved them or something. But anyways, ask yourself questions like:

From which chapter did this chaper branch off of?

What were the reasons for this split, was it good or bad?

Who was the original chapter master?

Why do they have wings? Was it a mutation, or did they cultivate the gene seed? (like some think the black dragons do)

Why did they choose the colors they did? Was it influenced by someone or some event, or maybe some beleif?

When was the chapter created?
    (Is it a cursed founding chapter, or did it come later, or is it brand new, ect...)

I hope I helped a bit, and I didn't just bore you.
    Last edited by Thunderbound; January 23rd, 2008 at 23:58.
    Hey! Look at the little.... Oh ****!

Has a monkey! Imperialis_Dominatus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x5)

I think Thunderbound raises some good points.

Also this thread on the B&C is actually a really good guide, helps out a lot.

Take a gander there and let your imagination run wild. 8Y

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- What geneseed are they?
    Sanguanise/Blood Angels, Forgotten, or Ultramarine. Probably Ultramarine.

- What founding were they?
    22 Founding

- What is their chapter symbol/colour scheme?
    Chaper symbol is a sword with two wings with a iorn halo over it. Their colors are white with gold trim and detail.

- What is their Homeworld like, and what is the culture of the homeworld? (ie is it a Hive World, a Feral World, a Death World etc)
    Large grasslands and some semi-thick forests, a paradice in every sense of the word.

- Where in the Imperium are they based? (It may help define the kind of enemies they face most often.)
    No idea I typicly fight Nids and Chaos so where would be the best place?

- What is their Combat Doctrine like? (do they prefer Close Combat or ranged fighting?)
    Prefer to fight at a distance while there close-combat veterans bring the fight to the enemy.

- What is their Organisation like (do they follow the Codex or are they a bit different?)
    They follow the Codex when it suits them but, are willing to bend a few rules to get the job done.

- What is their Belief System?
    I have no idea what to put here

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Belief System of a Space Marine Chapter means how they worship the Emperor and their Primarch (if he is known). Many Space Marine Chapters see the Emperor as the mightiest man who has ever lived, but just a man, not a god. Others venerate him as a divine being. And anything in between.
    Humanitas dominatus omnis, de iam dum terminus aetas

Has a monkey! Imperialis_Dominatus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Zangetsu View Post
    - What geneseed are they?
    Sanguanise/Blood Angels, Forgotten, or Ultramarine. Probably Ultramarine.
    Ultra's a good choice, particularly because their geneseed should be common. With Sanguinius' seed, you run into troubles with the Blood Rage, of course. It's also OK for it to be forgotten. Whichever you choose, remember that it's a pretty key part of their Chapter, and can define a lot of their characteristics. Though definitely not all.

- What is their chapter symbol/colour scheme?
    Chaper symbol is a sword with two wings with a iorn halo over it. Their colors are white with gold trim and detail.
    Cool. Sounds very knightlike and 'we're the shiny warriors of your death, alien scum.' What type of sword is it, if any particular?

- What is their Homeworld like, and what is the culture of the homeworld? (ie is it a Hive World, a Feral World, a Death World etc)
    Large grasslands and some semi-thick forests, a paradice in every sense of the word.
    What are the people like?

- Where in the Imperium are they based? (It may help define the kind of enemies they face most often.)
    No idea I typicly fight Nids and Chaos so where would be the best place?
    Probably somewhere near the Eastern Rim, but also close enough to the Maelstrom to warrant many Chaotic intrusions.

- What is their Combat Doctrine like? (do they prefer Close Combat or ranged fighting?)
    Prefer to fight at a distance while there close-combat veterans bring the fight to the enemy.
    Good and balanced, I suppose. Do they have any particular styles of fighting that might mark them out? What do you usually do for a list, in other words?

- What is their Organisation like (do they follow the Codex or are they a bit different?)
    They follow the Codex when it suits them but, are willing to bend a few rules to get the job done.
    Sounds like a practical interpretation. Reasonable.

- What is their Belief System?
    I have no idea what to put here
    Kelnor brings up good stuff here.

Finally, as with any Chapter, it's boring if they don't have quirks, personalities, famous endeavors, legends, renowned members, (dare I say) flaws... conflicts especially. If you want to write fluff, there's gotta be conflict to make it interesting. It could be battles with a particularly tough or insidious enemy, ideological conflicts from within or without (perhaps with the Imperium), tensions with other organizations, etc.

Anything that will draw them down the path of Chao... er I mean spice up the story. ;Y

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast