zachary - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: zachary

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

zachary

me [zachary] and my dad are bilding armys for 40k.
    i first got into it by finding some tau at a yard sale!!!!!
    and now i got the big boy box of tau almost entierly bilt and i alsow have a 1000 point space merine vanila army. but i love the eldar look and whant to bild more than my 10 gardians and 6 banshes. also my dad wunts to know if he can use space merine tac teams as I.G troops........???????

I suck at spelling

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

I'm happy to hear you and your dad got the hobby in common, I hope one day my kids will start it too, I'm trying to be a patient one though...
    As for your father's question, it depends really.
    If it's you and him playing and both of you know that they are IG, not the Marines they seem to be there's no problem. To use models in this fashion is reffered to as "proxying".
    But if you decide to play a game at say... the local club, he might have a bit of a problem.

There is this other rule called "WYSIWYG" (WhatYouSeeIsWhatYouGet) that says something like if it looks like a Marine, it better be a Marine. If the Marine model is armed with a Plasmagun he better have the Plasmagun paid for in the armylist.

It's there to make the game flow easily and for the opponent to be able to see what your models are and what they are armed with.

But just like I said in the beginning, if the opponent is aware and has said it's ok, then just go proxy

Formerly BrotherAzriel Horus Lupercal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    138 (x6)

It may be a bit less trouble if you got to grips witht he rules first, your local GW can help you out here, picking up the Codex books for each of your armies may be a good idea aswell, otherwise your likely to get a lot of questions like this popping up, if you really get stuck then feel free to PM me.
    PROUD TO BE IN THE BRITISH ARMY.
    ~~ Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death~~

+ Reply to Thread