Tanith variant guard army with inductees - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tanith variant guard army with inductees

This is the list this fluff thread is based on:
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...-2000-pts.html

I decided to go with a Tanith theme for this custom guard regiment because the doctrines I took were so close to them. I would say that this company of the Tanith regiment would exist some 20 years or so after the fall of the Tanith homeworld. After 2 decades of continuous warfare to save imperial worlds from the taint of chaos only a few of the best of the original company remain (the hardened veteran squads, the company commander and the lieutenant in first platoon), and the company now mainly consists of inductees who were recruited from various regiments that this company rescued from certain death. These men all know that every breath the draw is borrowed from the Tanith and seek to serve them in battle until their own deaths in payment of this insurmountable debt.

The men in first platoon were originally inductees to the company, but have now served alongside them long enough that they all consider themselves to be completely part of the company, and as such I would use tanith models for them. The men in second platoon and the tanks however(all of the models that dont infiltrate), are more recent recruits, and as such would still retain the uniforms of their old regiments even though they serve the Tanith. For these men I would have something like 1 squad of Armageddon steel legion, 1 squad of Mordian iron guard etc. This would give me an opportunity to have some variety in my modeling instead of painting 75 of the same guardsman with lasgun model.

As for why my doctrines are not exactly the same as true Tanith:
    Hardened fighters - Those who had a love for close combat have all perished over the years(even with hardened fighters, guardsmen still suck at close combat)
    Priests - See last
    Indepentant commissars - Like the majority of the men from the original company, the commissars here have all sinced martyred themselves to the Emperor's cause, none remain.
    Iron Discipline - After the commissars fell the officers realised that they had to fill the role of "no non-sense, no mercy" style leadership. Now no man in the company would dare to flee while in the presense of these commissar like officers.

what do you call a lasgun with a laser sight?

twin linked

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One HUGE problem with this is that The Tanith FIRST AND ONLY were the only regiment to come out of Tanith before it was destroyed hence the first and only part
    Change is good

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well this could be the First and Only like 20 or more years after the crusade! Perhaps they were finally giving the rights of conquest and settled done, this regiment could represent their old doctrines and ways but composed of people from new Tanith...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, there is only one Tanith regiment, but this is only one company of that regiment. There are multiple companies per regiment after all.

Darktrooper, that's the sort of thing I was getting at, only I wasnt thinking of a new Tanith homeworld. It's a nice idea to entertain, but then I wouldn't have a good reason to be fielding models from many different regiments. The idea here for half the company is almost like an expansion of the remnants squad in the codex. Just think of it as a remnants company instead. Some few surviving Tanith veterans lumped in with survivors of other companies they saved now all pooling enough collective bodies for only a single company.
    what do you call a lasgun with a laser sight?

twin linked

+ Reply to Thread