Names for my Tyranid Fluff Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

Names for my Tyranid Fluff Army

I think im going to rename my hive fleet. Hydra seems to be popular by many players, so i have come up with more orginal names:

Charbydis: A sea monster who appeared as a giant mouth. Seems a lot like a Tyranid.
    Scylla: Another sea monster.
    Pazuzu: A demon who controlled the winds.
    Tiamat: A sea Dragon.
    Lilith: A demon who was the bearer of storms and illness
    Lindworm: a flightless dragon in the epic Beowulf
    Ghul:
    Cynocephalus
    Apkallu
    Sutur
    Cu Sith
    Nuckelavee
    Red Cap
    Naga
    Bunyip
    Rahab
    Vanara
    Yokai
    Aswang
    Mothra

Im leaning towards Hive Fleet Ghul, Hive Fleet Scylla, Hive Fleet Naga, HIve Fleet Charbydis, and Hive Fleet Apkallu

Hive Fleet Ghul especially

Last edited by Hive Fleet Hydra; March 5th, 2008 at 01:03.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd go Naga or Tiamat personally. I find its always best to name Hive Fleets after something from mythology or something, generally something gribbly or scaly that earts stuff. When I named my Hive Fleet, Hive Fleet Charybdis (after the whirlpool creature in The Odyssey)
    "A souls screams are merely their cries of thanks to the Chaos
    Gods!" -Brigand

"Horus was weak. Horus was a fool. He had the whole galaxy within his grasp and he let it slip away!" -Abbadon The Despoiler

The Kroot: You are what you eat.
    Tyranids: YOU are what WE eat.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    254 (x5)

What is your color scheme? What units do you mainly use? What are your tactics? What type of pattern does your fleet move in? This could narrow it down for you.

Please don't use Mothra though. I swear I once saw the end of a Mothra movie (Godzilla spin off I think). It was one of the most awful five minutes of my life.

Great list of monsters though. I don't recongize most of them. There is one more monster I can think of that hasn't been mentioned, Typhon. Now, that was one tough mythological monster.
    I am heading off to the Peace Corps. It is bery likely I will not be back. Good luck to all of you endeavors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x4)

Hive Fleet Wigglebottom!

Hmmm.

Marduk - After the Babylonian God that killed Tiamat

Geryon - Name of a giant from Greek myth and a demon in the Inferno (see below)

Alighieri - Kinda lame, after Dante Alighieri, author of The Divine Comedy (aka - the Inferno plus 2 other books nobody reads)

Baphomet - After a demon supposively worshiped by the Knights Templar, probably a corruption of Mahomet (aka - Mohammed)

Kali - Indian death goddess. Her followers are called Tugs (or Thugs) and murder people with ceremonial yellow silk cords

Dagon - Ancient middle-eastern god, shows up in the writings of HP Lovecraft as a sea monster and in the movie Conan the Destroyer.

That's all I got for now.
    Last edited by grimmtu; March 3rd, 2008 at 10:06.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    443 (x8)

Orochi

If ya want a good one to keep the multi-headed reptile/dragon feel of Hydra, then try Hivefleet Orochi. Orochi was an eight-headed dragon/demon from Japanese folklore.
    "It takes a vast amount of self control to be this dangerous."
    ---Ogvai Ogvai Helmshrot, Jarl of Tra, VI Legion Astartes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

Actually, im pretty sure tiamat was the name of an earlier HIve Fleet. Let me check... Yeah, there was a hive fleet called Tiamet in the Tyranid Codex, look in the forgotten fleets section.

Im now Leaning towards Ghul, Orochi, Scylla, Typhon, Cu Sith, and Fornye. Scylla seems to be also popular so ill drop it. Typhon same thing. Cu Sith sounds bad. Hive Fleet Cu Sith... not that good. So the Choices are: Fornye, Orochi, and Ghul. I think Ghul is the best, but ill see wat you guys think.

Here is the Descritpion of my Fleet:

Tactics: Lictor Deepstrikes and Broodlord Infiltrate enemy lines, take down elite squads, while Hormies, Leaping Warriors, Raveners, and Gargoyles provide Fast Support. Termagaunts trail behind, firing at anything close range. Genestealers are also in play, trailing with the Termagaunts (unless i make them Scuttlers) to take out any threats or provide Support. Hive Tyrant shoots venom cannon and barbed strangler at tanks or big infantry units. Sniperfex does same thing, while Screamer killer and Doomcrab rush in to take out the big stuff.

Color scheme: havent figured out yet.
    Last edited by Hive Fleet Hydra; March 4th, 2008 at 16:34.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

I suggest u get ur name from mythologic monsters more people a familiar with, greek for example. If u would have played nidzilla Hive fleet minotaur would have been a good name, because when most people hear the name minotaur they think of a great monster, u field ur army and.... tada 8 big monsters For ur army it would be harder as it seems to be a bit of all.. maybe I'll come up with a name soon...

Btw Cu Sith sounds a litle lame to me...as sith is a star wars name.. using such a name in 40K would be bit lame... just like calling ur chaoslord Darth vader. But maybe thats just me...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

Im pretty sure the word Sith came from Cu Sith. Anyway i dropped it. So here are my current favorites:

Fornye, Orochi, and Ghul

+ Reply to Thread