The Tusked Marines - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

The Tusked Marines

This is my first Space Marine fluff, anyone can use it since i dont play Space Marines...

The Tusked Marines' gene-seed was created by the Adeptus Mechanicus during M39, to aid in the titannic struggles of the Yucor Wars, a gigantic war between a fleet of then-unknown aliens and the Yucor Sector. Later evidence proves that the aliens were Tyranids. The Tusked Marines' gene-seed came out well, with 19 implants pure and without mutation. However, unknowing to the Adeptus Mechanicus, the Sus-an Implant was genetically enhanced through a chemical reaction with a foreign material, a change which would be invaluable to the Chapter.

Soon, the Tusked Marines were 1,000 strong and roaring to fight in the Yucor Wars. A month after the Chapter reached maximum size, the Battle Barges Valour, Honour, and Courage were churning through the Warp towards the beleagured Yucor Sector.

The Tusked Marines' Master of the Chapter, Hannibal Khohsa, after a long talk with Commissar Urt, leader of the 401st Legion, based in Yucor Sector, decided the world Carthage, a planet with a population of barely 10,000 nomads, a world full of deserts with gigantic rivers and oceans bordering them, was the next world to be attacked by the aliens and soon, one hundred Drop Pods were burning through Carthage's atmosphere, landing with explosions of sand and dust. Also, Hannibal Khosa was told that only the Space Fleet of Yucor would be able to assist the Tusked in the assault. The Imperial Guard's ponderous deployment would take several weeks before a decent force would be able to be mustered. A month later, after weeks of darkened skies and attacks from Tyranid Vanguard Organisms, none in which created much of a problem, the aliens descended on Carthage in their own organic Drop Pods, scattering the desert with gigantic holes.

Then, a battle of titanic poportions began. As the Tusked Marines met the aliens head on land, the combined fleets of the Space Marines and the Imperial Yucor collided with the Hive Fleets in space.

The Tusked Marines on ground were fighting with deadly efficiency, killing hundreds of the aliens. Imperial Titans, including Mechanicus Cranus, fought with huge Bio-Titans. Power Weapons glowed purple as they smashed through alien bodies, while Bolter shots rattled and exploded in the midst of the aliens, destroying many of the hateful Xenos. The valiant Marines set a front in the middle of the Battlefield, led by Chief Chaplain Yerlossus Ius and his Terminators.

However, in space, the Imperial and Space Marine fleets were not so lucky. Ships were brought down by bio-acid shots and psychic beams, until an arriving reinforcement of the nearby sector Yreth's fleet caught the Hive Fleet in a pincer movement, smashing a bloody swathe through the left side of the Hive Fleet. Suddenly, morale within the Tusked Marines/Helican fleets rose, and while the Yucor Fleet, lowered to a quarter of its original strength, barely held off the front of the Hive Fleet, the Tusked Marine's Battle Barges, along with the rest of the Chapter's Fleet, smashed through the right side of the fleet, burning a path towards the center.

In orbit, the Tusked Marine Fleet crashed through the Hive Fleet to the center of it, where a gigantic ship, easily the size of an Emperor class Battleship, resided. Unable to kill the ship, the Battle Barge Valour sped towards the titanic ship and trigered its plasma drives, creating an explosion that slayed the Hive Ship, dragging the Battle Barge into oblivion.

The main conduit to the Hive Mind, the Hive Fleet fled, their animal instinct telling them to run . As the fleets chased them, many were gunned down, and only 5 ships made it to the Warp, never to be seen again.

The Tusked Marines on Carthage, were beating the aliens back towards the ocean Fleour. Then, Leader Librarian Scipio Hannilcar told that the bigger creatures seemed to be controlling the smaller ones. Hannibal also noticed that most were located in the back, directing the smaller organisms around them. A plan formed in Hannibal's mind. He called up the bravest Terminators of the First Company, a squad 5 score strong, and told them to teleport to the back lines of the aliens. They were also briefed that they must eliminate the bigger organisms. After the briefings, 5 squads of Terminators lined up at different points and activated their Teleportation Matrix. After an hour of fightining, most of the huge synapse creatures were slayed, but at the expense of all 100 Terminators dead. After the death of at least 3/4 of the synapse creatures, the Tyranids lost control, turning into animals without strategy. They were slaughtered easily as they came out of cover by bolter fire, the force quickly being destroyed by the Marines. Then, disaster struck.

The huge Hive Ship was not destroyed into a thousand particles, unlike the Battle Barge, just slayed. At least a three quarters of it was gone in the explosion that the Battle Barge created, but still was big in size. It floated down towards the earth of Carthage, where the Chapter and the Swarm were still fighting. It gathered speed as it went through the atmosphere, most of it burning away. However, it still crashed, creating a gigantic combustion.

Fortunatly for the Tusked Marines, the Hive Ship landed into the back of the Hive swarm, obliderating them instantly. As the combustion hit the Tusked Marines, 145 were killed instantly, while 78% percent of the Chapter were injured, with 34% possesing mortal injuries.

However, this is where the mutated Sus-an Implant comes in. It was so enhanced, it allowed the Tusked Marines to survive for a few days, giving enough for the Apothecaries to preserve their gene-seed while, other were turned into Dreadnoughts imported from the nearby Forge World Treth III.

Overall, 15% were turned into Dreadnoughts, while 18% of the casualties gene-seed was preserved. Only 1% couldn't get the same treatment. Chief among the turned Dreadnoughts are: The Master of the Chapter, Hannibal Khohsa and Chief Chaplain Yerlossus Ius. Both are still leading their Chapter, inpiring strength, loyalty, respect and power to the Chapter.

With the Chapter now almost fully recovered, the Tusked Marines are ready to wreak havoc against the Forces of Disorder in the Milky-Way, harboring a fierce Hatred for the Tyranids especially. The Tusked Marines named themselves the Tusked Marines after the Massacre of Carthage, where they settled and started to admire Deathphants, gigantic elephant like creatures. Their tusks, often 17 feet long, gave the Tusked Marines their name.

Special Rules:

Massacre of Carthage: The Tusked Marines lost many of their Marines after the Massacre. Each Troop unit costs 5 more points per model.

Hatred Against The Tyranids: The Tusked Marines get +2 to their attacks when they charge against a Tyranid Unit.

Dreadnought Heavy: After the huge casualties on the Massacre of Carthage, many valiant Space Marines were turned into Dreadnoughts. So many, Dreadnoughts represent 15% of the Chapter. A Tusked Marine Army must have 2 Dreadnought in its army, at least.

Dreadnought Squad Rule: A Dreadnought Squad consists of 3 Dreadnoughts. These do NOT need to be placed together and operate independently during the game. However, it is legal to make a Squad of Dreadnoughts with all Squad rules, including Unit Coherency and Shooting at the same target.

True Grit: Any Tusked Marine Squad may have the True Grit Upgrade, but must pay 3 points per model to use it.

Chapter Description:

Name: Tusked Marines

Symbol: An Elephant or Deathphant found on Carthage, painted in black, with two crossed Storm Bolters.

Color: Tan, yellow, and Black.

Chapter Master: Dreadnought Master of the Chapter Hannibal Khohsa.

Chapter Leader Librarian: Leader Librarian Scipio Hannilcar.

Chapter Chief Chaplain: Dreadnought Chief Chaplain Yerlossus Ius

Gene-Seed: Stable, with enhanced Sus-an Implant.

Battle-Cry: Tusked Marines, it is time to Fight! To me!

Chapter Practices: Some Tusked Marines are able riders, and ride Deathphants to battle. To become a Tusked Marine, a recruit (with all his implants, of course) must stay in the Desert for a year, finding food, water, and shelter on his own, to call himself a Tusked Marine.

New Units:

Deathphant Riders (0-1)

Dreadnought Tusked Marine Commander

Special Characters:

Dreadnought Master of the Chapter Hannibal Khohsa

Dreadnought Chief Chaplain Yerlossus Ius

Leader Librarian Scipio Hannilcar

Enjoy! Comments and Critism are welcome

Last edited by Hive Fleet Hydra; June 5th, 2008 at 01:02.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

woah.. 29 views and NO POSTS.... scary.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

Hmm.. Not bad. I'll go through the things I can see.

Firstly, why the 'Tusked Marines?' It's never explained.. Do they have tusks?

Soon, the Tusked Marines were 1,000 strong and roaring to fight in the Ouroboris Wars.
    I think you were looking for the word Ouroboros. I have to say, it seems a pretty pessimistic name to give a war.. The Ouroboros is a symbol for eternity.

The Tusked Marines' Master of the Chapter, Hannibal Khohsa, decided the world Carthage, a world full of deserts with gigantic rivers and oceans bordering them, was the main battlefront against the aliens
    Assuming they're on the defensive (which is the norm with Tyranids) how would they be able to decide which world would be the main battleground? I guess the Nids would probably do that for them.

A month later, the aliens descended on Carthage in their own organic Drop Pods, scattering the desert with gigantic holes.
    As a note, Tyranid drop pods are called mycetic spores, but they generally aren't the first stage of an invasion. Tyranid spore bombardments generally last weeks.. They change the weather and ecosystem, start the process of preparing the planet for consumption, shower major population centers with spore mines, etc etc.

while the Yucor Fleet, lowered to 25% of its original strength
    It's a stylistic point, but avoid numerical statistics if you can.. 'A quarter' sounds less mechanical than '25%'

At the height of the battle, Mechanicus Cranus killed a monstrous Dominatrix, breaking a synapse web in the left flank of the Tyranids.
    That seems a bit easy.. You mean there were no other synapse creatures around. No warriors? No Tyrants? No hive nodes? No Zoanthropes? I'd describe how the incredibly complicated fire plan directed by Hannibal got rid of them, rather than hinging everything on the Dominatrix.

Their leader gone, the Hive Fleet ran, their morale gone. As the fleets chased them, many were gunned down, and only 5 ships made it to the Warp, never to be seen again.
    Tyranids have no morale to break. At best, the death of a nodeship breaks the Synaptic control, causing chaos, but describing it in human terms is a bit wierd. Besides, ships disconnected from the hive mind are unlikely to run together.. The whole point is that they can't coordinate.

It gathered speed as it went through the atmosphere, most of it burning away. However, it still crashed, creating a gigantic combustion.
    Much as this isn't realistic sci-fi, a large hive ship is a good couple of miles long. Watch all those asteroid movies Hollywood went nuts on a while back and look at what happens when large objects hit a planet.. It's a little more than just 'big explosion.'

Overall, 15% were turned into Dreadnoughts
    Where did they suddenly get 150 spare dreadnoughts? It's not something you can just pick up 3 for 2 in Sainsbury's.

Your house rules are a little broken.. Dreadnought squadrons? Free true grit? What's the downside, I hear you ask.. Well, you must take 2 dreadnoughts or more. Oh dear, woe is me.

And.. marines on elephants? I know it's Carthage based, but seriously, there was way more to Carthage than elephants..
    Last edited by The_Giant_Mantis; March 12th, 2008 at 18:15.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

Fixed...

anyway, i know carthage was a lot more than just elephants, but that was the most interesting millitary point i could find.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Cool, I'm subscribed here too.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

thanks. a story about a marine called Barca Mago will be coming soon. bear with me.
    "What is Mercy? Does it taste Nice?" Hive Tyrant on Reth V

"Kill-kill! Death to the Enemies of the Horned Rat!" Warlord Bweekq at the Battle of Hrad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wasn't there a CSM chapter called the Tusked Marines or something in the Iron Snakes book?
    "A souls screams are merely their cries of thanks to the Chaos
    Gods!" -Brigand

"Horus was weak. Horus was a fool. He had the whole galaxy within his grasp and he let it slip away!" -Abbadon The Despoiler

The Kroot: You are what you eat.
    Tyranids: YOU are what WE eat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

Never heard of it... remember i made them up since i dont play Space Marines. Second, i named them tusked marines after the Deathphants.

"Kill-kill! Death to the Enemies of the Horned Rat!" Warlord Bweekq at the Battle of Hrad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

Come on people, i need some feedback!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hive Fleet Hydra View Post

The Tusked Marines' gene-seed was created by the Adeptus Mechanicus during M39
    Not sure if your staying to the major fluff here but I've never heard of gene-seed being created, at least new ones.

thousands of Drop Pods were burning through Carthage's atmosphere, landing with explosions of sand and dust
    Is this just the one chapter? Or are others in on it too? I'd change it to maybe a hundred or something small, a sm chapter only has around 1000 marines don't they?

True Grit: All Tusked Marines have the True Grit ability, but must pay 3 points to use it. Note that this does not mean they have to use it.
    This doesn't make much sense to me, I mean its not like you can change the army list mid battle, and are you just going to select random marines to have the ability? Why not just buy the true grit ability for 3 points, cause how it says now, they don't actually have the ability.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast