Nurglify...Anything? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    152 (x2)

Nurglify...Anything?

Well almost anything...

Fluff wise, would it be possible to make just about any model nurgley? For example

Tyranid - Ate some bad Plague Marines, infused with DNA, now all rotty and slimy(er)

Just about any "human" - Sisters of Battle, SM, etc - Same deal with original DG, infected with some awful disease, prayed to Nurgle while writhing in agony

Non-Nurgle CSM faction - Same as SM thing

Reason being is it would be interesting to have a "Chaos" force with all sorts of different units from different factions/races

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

Pretty much. Just imagine what they'd look like if they were dying from the plague.

Grandfather Nurgle might have some difficulty with the Necrons, however.
    The above poster = Totally a member of the Fluff Masters Clan. Click here for fluff pwnage.

Come, sons of LO! Kneel before Poodle!

Mr_Wayne: "Some people believe that the World Eaters do not field any ranged weaponry. Those people often die at a distance."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

152 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by ze_poodle View Post
    Pretty much. Just imagine what they'd look like if they were dying from the plague.

Grandfather Nurgle might have some difficulty with the Necrons, however.
    Hah, precisely the ones I had in mind when I said "almost". And Tau for some reason. They'd look really cool nurgley though

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

I think good old Nurgle could infest Tau. Sure they lack prescence in the warp, but they do have bodies. So you just go ahead. BTW I think Kroot would look quite awesome Nuglified too.

Necrons on th eother hand would be quite immune as they have...well nothing really. No soul, no body, no Nurgle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

Well, in my opinion anything that can fall ill, rust, corrode or be otherwise corrupted can fall to nurgle.

As the flu is a disease of humans so rust is a disease of iron.
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

The problem is that the Necrons are composed of living metal, and presumably immune to oxidisation. They have stayed pretty much pristine for the better part of a billion years.

Although...the words "computer virus" spring to mind. Interesting possibility, methinks. Methinks one should act upon this interesting possibility. Could give your skeletal android army some character.
    The above poster = Totally a member of the Fluff Masters Clan. Click here for fluff pwnage.

Come, sons of LO! Kneel before Poodle!

Mr_Wayne: "Some people believe that the World Eaters do not field any ranged weaponry. Those people often die at a distance."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by ze_poodle View Post
    The problem is that the Necrons are composed of living metal, and presumably immune to oxidisation. They have stayed pretty much pristine for the better part of a billion years.

Although...the words "computer virus" spring to mind. Interesting possibility, methinks. Methinks one should act upon this interesting possibility. Could give your skeletal android army some character.
    True, i posted before i read that of living metal. Interesting idea though, about necrons, to me living metal is like honey, or salt: it never rots. But somekind of computervirus might indeed exist.
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

I’d say no to Tyranid. The hive mind would be quick to purge any disease from it’s swarm. March broods off a cliff or fly an infected hive ship into a sun.

But maybe a wild or lost nid fleet could become infected and mutate. You could have massive warp daemon substitute it’s own will for that of the hive brain. That would be cool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

152 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by wymic View Post
    I’d say no to Tyranid. The hive mind would be quick to purge any disease from it’s swarm. March broods off a cliff or fly an infected hive ship into a sun.

But maybe a wild or lost nid fleet could become infected and mutate. You could have massive warp daemon substitute it’s own will for that of the hive brain. That would be cool.
    Ahh ok, this is what I wanted to hear for nids. Just wanted a confirmation to this idea

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

Sorry, the Tyranids are not immune to Nurgle's Rot, or Chaos in general. In Storm of Iron, the Iron Warriors use a tyranid bioship to transport their titans around. If the Iron Warriors, who don't really use the powers of Chaos all that much can corrupt a Hive Ship into total submission (with some help from the Obliterator Virus, if I recally), then a Nurgle disease can.

I doubt that the Tyranids would maintain connection with an infected individual, because the true Nurgle's Rot goes much deeper than physical decay (Liber Chaotica: I know, not 40k, but the powers of Chaos are more or less the same). Even if they could maintain synapse contact with the infected individuals, I don't think the Hive Mind would want to, less the madness spread.

Nurgles Rot is just bad like that.
    "My capacity for hard work is immense. It's my willingness to do said work that's lacking..."

Fluffmaster Clan Member

Shas'El A'ava Mont'Ein D'ran O'Kroot - Tau Fluff HERE

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast