Black Library themed army fluff - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Black Library themed army fluff

Il probably make it into a better story then this but here is the general idea.

So most of u should know about the Black Library right? with all the knowledge about chaos etc. But what if the black library needs to act on this knowledge and there is no suitable/willing/thisisaterriblesecretwecanttellanyone craftworld to do the job for them. It stands to reason that they have to have there own army. So what would they put in this army? Well after some thought i came up with this (if this is to much like an army list im sorry for putting it in the wrong spot)
    HQ choice (this will take a bit if explaining so bare with me here)
    Eldrad Ulthran!!! Well if u read up a bit about Eldrad u will find that when Ulthwe were fight against The Thirteenth Black Crusade he tried to retake a Blackstone Fortress but The Great Enemy was waiting there and everyone assumed he died. now the catch here is that a handfull of waystones he had created still remained active, so there was a chance he was still alive so The Library's mind (yes i was surprised it had a mind as well) sent off some harlequins/solitaires/whathaveyou to try and retrieve him for the good of the library, of the eldar and the fight against Chaos!
    anyway i was gonna give some of the very few warlocks (who have been selected by the Library and retrieved by the harlequins from their craftworlds) as a guard.

For my elite choices (surprise surprise) im gonna have 2 squads of harlequins for obvious reasons.

For my troop choices (prepare for some more explaining) i was gonna have 1 squad of rangers upgraded to pathfinders because... well the idea behind rangers are normal eldar who exile themselves from their craftworlds and they search the galaxy just for the hell of it (yes i know thats not quite it). but they still remain connected to their craftworld returning in times of need to help etc. but ultimately they return to there craftworlds after they have had there fun. Pathfinders on the other hand permenatly exile themselves never to return to their craftworlds for any real length of time. So in there (very very) long travels they might come across harlequins or perhaps even the black library itself! and if the library/harlequins think it appropriate they get offered a chance to fight the chaos as part of the library's army.
    2nd troop choice would be a squad of 10Wraithguard led by a warlock. which according to the Eldar codex can be counted as a troop choice. anyway as to explaining that one, well here we go...
    *sigh* yes yes i know how wraithguard are made. they are spirits dead eldar and there is a huge lack of dead eldar in black library or even an infinity circuit (as far as we know) for those spirits to go to/be taken from. But, now some of u may think this is a long shot, but what with all the tombs about chaos, how to fight them, history of them, chaos spells and more chaos spells and chaos spells that summon chaos spirits, kinda like the spirits that go into the wraithguard, (catch my drift?). Now i realize thats kinda suicidle because then the spirit in all its chaosy goodness would turn around and rip the summoner to shreds but what if among all the books about how to fight chaos, there was a book on controling chaos as well. this could have some ineresting aplications on the army's rules as well, kinda like kill the warlock leading the squad and then all of a sudden the wraithguard go crazy (or my personal favorite because it dosnt make me feel so vulnerable) kill all the eldar psykers on the field and the wraithguard go crazy.

heavy support is pretty simple actuly.
    2 wraithlords (zomg run away this nigga is packin double wraithlords)
    just read the above about wraithguards and just think slightly more powerful spirits or my alternate story which is exclusivly for wraithlords (as in this dosnt apply to wraithguard). As you should hopefully already know harlequins tour the craftworlds putting on performances and helping in battles where appropriate. now this appropriate battles would probably be pretty big or important. and big or important battles usually involve important and powerful people and tragicly important and powerful people tend to die in big and important battles so in a nutshell this is what happens. they ( the important and powerful people) die, harlequins request their spirit stones, and the spirit stones get put into wraithlords, and the wraithlords fight for the library.

and that is my Black Library themed army!

p.s. a couple of other ideas im looking into are the solitaires but until i kind find some proper rules to use them in an army i would rather not (my personal ideas for them include any eldar within 6 inches of them get some sort of debuff)

and i was also thinking of maybe using an inquisitor just for uniqueness.

anyway thats all... criticize away!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not bad any books based on the black liabry anyone? Text speak removed, please read rules
    Last edited by Cheredanine; April 1st, 2008 at 17:33.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    85 (x4)

Umm... technically this isn't really theming. At best, it's some very unclear fluff concepts, most of which aren't quite plausible. For example, it is normal that a soulstone of a dead Eldar is introduced to the Infinity Circuit of their craftworld of origin. The act of creating a Wraithlord or Wraithguard is considered similar to robbing a grave (as in: very... very repulsive). Now, if a Harlequin asked an Eldar to give him the very soul of a deceased hero so that the Harlequins can install him into a Wraithlord... the answer would be a very strict "no".

The Harlequins are the army closest related to the Black Library - so if you want a BL-themed force you should focus on them and units which have a comparable Harlequin equivalent. Have a look at the old Harlequin army list for 3rd edition 40k for further ideas.

not bad any books based on the black liabry anyone?
    I think there was some written about it in the Inquisition War trilogy. But no books specifically about it.
    you know im 1337
    You know, this kind of statement isn't a good idea. It makes people see you as a newbie with delusions of grandeur and consequently avoid you like hell.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x3)

If I don't know what 1337 means, does that mean I am 1337 or I am not 1337?
    I can't say I've seen it all but I live for the things that keep me hollow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    85 (x4)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x3)

Far out. Just when you think you halfway understand something you discover that you really don't and never will.
    I can't say I've seen it all but I live for the things that keep me hollow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by distortiondave View Post
    If I don't know what 1337 means, does that mean I am 1337 or I am not 1337?
    Not understanding 1337 is described in certain circles as "epic phail."
    The above poster = Totally a member of the Fluff Masters Clan. Click here for fluff pwnage.

Come, sons of LO! Kneel before Poodle!

Mr_Wayne: "Some people believe that the World Eaters do not field any ranged weaponry. Those people often die at a distance."

+ Reply to Thread