A solution for the "dying" race. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A solution for the "dying" race.

The governing body(s) of the Eldar should greatly increase incentives for having children.

ie Make more babies. "One for mom, one for dad, and one (or more) for the Eldar".

Of course this should all be done in monogamy.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For every new child born to the Eldar a new soul stone is needed to protected it from she who thirsts. Soul stones only come from the crone worlds, worlds that are daemon infested Slaaneshi hells that exist half in half out of the warp, deep inside the Eye of Terror.

The Eldar breeding cycle is also "long and complex" it hasn't been explained what this means.

The child would also, I guess, stir strong emotions in the parents, and also have no concept of why it should limit its own emotions.... this is very dangerous considering the strength of Eldar emotions, unbound, sing to Slaanesh like a beacon in the warp.

Also would YOU want to bring a child into the universe knowing that the GOD of sadomasochism will take a special interest in it for its entire life, going to any lengths in order to rip its soul apart for all eternity >.<

I think most of that is right anyway, im sure someone will correct me in a most undignified manor if it isn't

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    142 (x5)

*bends pestigor over my knee and spanks him for being almost-right*

That undignified enough for you?

You were pretty much on the money there, apart from the biology, which we do have some more detailed bits on. The Eldar gametes form cyclically (in cycles, if I'm getting my words wrong), meaning that both partners have to mate at several specific points in the biological cycle. What with constant warfare and everything, getting time enough to take to their beds together at the required intervals is a little had.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Xerxes View Post
    *bends pestigor over my knee and spanks him for being almost-right*

That undignified enough for you?

You were pretty much on the money there, apart from the biology, which we do have some more detailed bits on. The Eldar gametes form cyclically (in cycles, if I'm getting my words wrong), meaning that both partners have to mate at several specific points in the biological cycle. What with constant warfare and everything, getting time enough to take to their beds together at the required intervals is a little had.
    I also read somewhere that the embryo grows slowly, making for a longer pregnant parent.
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

You have clearly mistaken a highly esotheric and individualistic Xenos race of the future for a contemporary Communist states ideal view of its self, quite honestly, the whole concept is just a non starter, even with their intrinsically hedonistic approach to life, the birth rate isnt high enough to sustain the current population
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine View Post
    You have clearly mistaken a highly esotheric and individualistic Xenos race of the future for a contemporary Communist states ideal view of its self, quite honestly, the whole concept is just a non starter, even with their intrinsically hedonistic approach to life, the birth rate isnt high enough to sustain the current population
    That's true too, eldar aren't going to let anyone tell them to breed like cattle.
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

As mentioned, according to Xenology they have a very, very long reproductive cycle which requires impecable timing to be successful..

Also, reproductive problems aside, many young Eldar also can't deal with the virtually monastic self-restraint demanded by the Eldar path and go off to become Rangers or Corsairs, where many of them fail to return, so each generation loses precious Eldar lives simply because they're forced to live in a state which as so at odds with their natural hedonistic inclinations.
    Last edited by The_Giant_Mantis; April 1st, 2008 at 13:43.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

411 (x8)

Hi Mantis, havent seen you around for a while, yes that certainly is a contributing factor, death from conflict or the path of the outcast
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember a discussion a while back about Dark Eldar reproduction and that thread came to the general consensus that DE breed by using clones or by combining eggs/sperm in tubes (basically they grow new ones). Due to their violent and dangerous society no DE can or will willingly weaken themselves with emotion or a physical liability (pregnancy or caring for a little one)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x2)

I have a better solution. They can stop dying.

Seems good.

Or they could hurry up and kill themselves to awaken Ynnead.

I still like the not dying thing.
    "Tell me what you cherish most. Give me the pleasure of taking it away." Sephiroth, Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast