CHAOS... orks!?!? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CHAOS... orks!?!?

ok, i wanted to create a "NEW" type of fluff... so i decided
    demonic orks..
    is it even possible though???
    cause i do remember reading about Orks that found an icon of nurgle and worshipped it, and became wracked with disease...
    but is it possible to have WILLING worship?
    thank you!

Dark EldarW/L/T 3/0/0
    Chaos W/L/T 6/0/0

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Formerly BrotherAzriel Horus Lupercal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    138 (x6)

Yes it is, Orks have a soul and psycic signature in the warp, there fore can be corrupted by it, if a warboss were to be defeated by a nugrle deamon (being green) and it were to command the orks to obay and that it was gork (or mork) its likely the orks would listen, also the orks respect might, so if an ork were to learn (yes, i know) about Khorne, who only asks for death as service then i could also feesably see orks doing this,
    PROUD TO BE IN THE BRITISH ARMY.
    ~~ Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death~~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, it is possible, but of all the races (aside from necrons, which aren't really a race anymore), orks are the most resilient to the malign influence of chaos.

If they mistook say, a khornate idol for gork or mork, they would probably worship it. Only thing is because they thought they were worshiping gork/mork, there would be little khornage (haha, khornage...carnage...). Their prayers/yells/grunts/flatuations would be recieved by gork/mork.

Thats not to say the when in direct contact with chaos they wouldn't change, it's just that they aren't tempted by chaos. Disease is yucky to them, pleasure is for pussies, tzeentch is the antithesis of orkdom, and khone is just a wannabe gork. They just don't see any appeal.

Like I said though, it could happen.

-The God of all Machines
    W/D/L
    -Imperial:50/2/10
    -Non-Imperial:10/1/4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    264 (x6)

Well a large amount of Orks do fall to Chaos and become worshippers of Khorne, though Nurgle is easily as likely because they are a survivor race at heart and Nurgle generally makes a mockery of creatures' ability to survive with his most deadly diseases. The Ork opinion of Chaos is generally different from that of other races, though - Chaos Orks are certainly shunned and avoided by most of their society as dangerous lunatics, they don't actively hunt down and eliminate them in the same way that most other races would. In fact, there are a few aspiring Warbosses are willing to employ the services of Khornate Orks for their fighting skills even if they are looked down upon. Nor do the Chaos Orks seek to destabilise society in the same way they do for humankind; Orks don't really have a society to destabilise and most of them just don't care.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just wanted to clarify that while I'm in agreement with NiteRabbit that orks do fall for Chaos, the "large amount of orks" that do are positiviley miniscule in comparison to the overwhelming amount of pure Gorkin' n' Morkin' orks. They play an incomprehensibly small part in the great scheme of things.

-Nik
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is a picture of a nurgle ork/s in the Daemonhunters Codex and last years bitz catalog....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

152 (x2)

Well, I've heard it put this way before:

Sure they can be, but its just not classy. Like drinking hawaiian punch from the Holy Grail.

Imagine it. Chaos Lord steps onto cliff, looking both terrible and awe-inspiring at once, epic evil incarnate. Then, suddenly, coming rushing up the hill, a squad of orks their bikes, rattling and spewing smoke, rushing past him screaming, "Oi! Get outha way ya git! We gots to get blood for tha blood god!"

not a direct quote, but serves it purpose
    What does Slaanesh use to fish?
    Demo-nets!
    Haha, wow thats khorney

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another factor in why Chaos Orks are rare has to do when a daemon takes possesion of an Ork. Their minds are on a differnet tuning then a humans. Basically, a daemon who posseses an Ork may very well be trapped in all the empty space.
    "Dear Diary: Today I may of accidentally registered myself as a sex offender. WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY LIFE!" - Dinosaur Comics

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

141 (x3)

My take is one of two ideas.

Idea one:
    Daemonic possession of Orks probably happens fairly often given the fact Orks are the most numerous species in the Galaxy. However, Orks base their psychic power on a group collective. The more Orks the more Orky psychic ability they have. Thats why if enough Orks believe a gargant can be built, it can.

However Daemons don't feed on collectives, they feed on individual minds. Orks are more of a giant mess of psychic energy with no real individual points of entry. (Possible exception being weird boys, but they're more of a loose cannon than a psycer) So even when a Daemon possesses an Ork, it ends up starving because Orks have no individual psychic powers to effectively feed off of. They also can't be corrupted by the Warp effectively because again, no individual psychic trace equals no point of entry for the warp to manifest itself.

Idea Two:
    Orks were a bio-engineered race by the old ones and have a very limited range of thought. Since Daemons are driven off desire, wants, etc., the Orks are a blank to Daemons. There's nothing to work with. The only way Orks can be "Chaos" is if they are turned into something similar to plague zombies (which would explain the codex DaemonHunters picture). In this scenario there are not Daemonic possessions. At best, Chaos Orks would really just be insane warp mutants that were inundated with chaos energy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Despite the interesting facts presented above, it's pretty much a non-issue in the fluff.

I've never read anything to do with it. None of the Codex's. Only thing I ever saw was that one required model for CH, and a WD battle report where the Ork player was making things up for ph4t conversion opportunities.

I seem to remember something citing Orks as being rather hard to turn to Chaos, though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast