Metalic Revenge - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Metalic Revenge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The story of Metalic Revenge is a long and hard one... Every battle they have ever fought has been won through determination, tactical brilliance and overwhelming firepower.

The Breaking:

After the Horus Heresy, once the Iron Warriors had been defeated, they fled to the Eye of Terror. There, on a planet called Medrengard, Perturabo built up a fortress world. He then aided Abaddon with his Black Crusades, and sent many of his finest Warriors to aid him in his quests. However, one such group, called Metalic Fist, refused to join Abaddon, calling him craven and weak. They fled then, out of the Eye of Terror, fearing for their lives. Before they fled, they had been a battle-hardened disciplined force, which had already won countless victories over the Corpse-Emperor's loyal men. They were highly trained, and were even better at siege strategies than normal Iron Warriors. However, Abaddon desired revenge on this splinter faction. He therefore sent another battlegroup, called Iron Revenge to destroy Metalic Fist. Metalic Fist was led by a Chaos Lord called Ragnork. He knew the leader of Iron Revenge, called Falas, and knew that if they could talk, he could convince them to join him. When the battle commenced, Ragnork teleported right into the building where Falas was leading the assault, and the two Marines recognised each other. There forces quickly came together, and they renamed themselves Metalic Revenge.

But the end of their sorrows and their grief had not come. They were determined to strike back at Abaddon, to try and slay him, he who had tried to use friend against friend, brother against brother... This couldnt be accepted. They sent a message to Perturabo, asking him for aid in their quest. The messenger was sent back decapitated. Therefore, Metalic Revenge travelled back into the Eye of Terror, intent on wreaking terrible vengeance on their wrong-doers. The 1st world they came to was called Hell's Pit, and they landed there, for they knew that Abaddon had an outpost there. The attack was made with such ferocity, such swiftness, that the defenders were massacred savagely. The few that had managed to flee were cut down and hunted like animals.

News of this came to Abaddon, and he was silent on his ship, the Planet Killer. He tried to hold back his overwhelming anger, and make rational descisions... He failed... He immediatley sent a Word Bearers' battlegroup to halt Metalic Revenge. The Word Bearers landed at Crissgrean, and prepared to defend the planet from the advancing Iron Warriors. The battle that ensued was one of unparalleled ferocity, in which every Word Bearer, even though they outnumbered the Iron Warrios, every single Marine was cut down where he stood. However, these did not flee, and the Iron Warriors respected that. ''Unlike the Black Legion!'' they muttered.

As the news reached Abaddon, he erupted with rage, and went about his ship, slaying all those who looked in his direction. This had to stop. He sent 4 Iron Warriors battlegroups to attack Crissgrean, and to lay siege to wherever Metalic Revenge troops defended. Ragnork and Falas were enraged when they heard that none other than Perturabo was to lead the assault. They vowed to not fall to their father, for whom they had lost all love and respect.

The Iron Warriors landed, and besieged fortress after fortress. Even though all the defences were falling, Perturabo's men were suffering horrendous losses. So that by the time the last fortress, Pax Ulrith, was besieged, the defenders were nearly as numerous as the attackers. Falas and Ragnork personnally led the defence of the main doors, and none could slay them that day. As wave after wave hit the defences, the Chaos Lords held on, slaying Marine after Marine, until they were so blood drenched Khorne was smilling upon them...

However, the final assault was led by Perturabo himself, and he met Falas in combat. Even though Falas fought with all the might and skill of 10 Chaos Lords, he could not kill his Primarch. He was overwhelmed with a flurry of blows from the mighty demi-god, and he fell, and was hewn in two as he lay on the floor.

Ragnork saw this horrible sight, and did not dare to stand against his old lord. He gathered the remenants of his battered army, and led Metalic Revenge from the planet, fleeing out of the Eye of Terror. From a small rock-strew planet called Calgarth, they launched assaults into the Eye of Terror, and against the Imperium. They are the Forever Damned, hated by both Chaos and Mankind. There is no salvation for them, no life after death. They were betrayed by lord, chieftain, brother and friend. They fought with the might of many Space Marines, but they had a tactical advantage under the leadership of Ragnork. He had learnt all his skills from Perturabo himself, and had red many stories about the Black Crusades. He was one of the greatest tactical mind in the galaxy, and backed-up with the Iron Warriors natural stubborness, Metalic Revenge is a threat that threatens to engulf an entire sector into darkness and war.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Feel free to comment and critic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Come on! Comment already!
    Here comes some more:

Ragnork's tale Part One:

After fleeing from the battle where they were finally defeated by Perturabo, Ragnork was ashamed, and was denied the right to control Metalic Revenge. In his place stepped up Falurth the Corrupted. He was more demon than man, and he was horribly twisted, even for a Chaos Lord. He exiled Ragnork, and sent him on a quest to find a faibled demonic armor in the middle of the Eye of Terror. This armor was called Zulzim, and was made out of the strongest materials of the galaxy, corrupted and strengthened by the powers of the Warp that travelled through it. However, it was whispered that any man who tried to adorn it would instantly become mad, and its last owner was rumored to have thrown himself over a 500ft cliff simply because the armor wondered if it would survive the fall. It did, but the unfortunate Space Marine was broken asunder into a thousand small morcels.

So Ragnrok left his brothers, and took with him a small group of faithful men, no more than 20 men strong. He was allowed to take a small scout craft to get them to their destination, and they left, with a heavy heart. They already knew that even if they succeeded in getting to the armor, whoever brought it back would be insane...

The story is a long and hard one, too long for me to right it out here, and to hard for children to read, so we will pick up 5 years after they left. The small craft was travelling into the Eye of Terror, only 15 of its occupants still alive. Numerous battles had claimed 3 of their lives, and 1 had gone insane. The last one left, unable to continue, and he fled. Therefore, only 15 men were on the small craft when they came into view of the Planet Killer's sensors, and they were baffeled. They knew of no small craft in the area, and the fact that it had unidentifiable signs on its side made it even harder. It was no surprise then that Abaddon saw this, and did not open fire straight away. He ordered them to be teleported onto his massive ship. With a flash of light, Ragnork was looking into the eyes of his nemesis and the most feared man in the galaxy. Abaddon the Despoiler, scourge of Humanity.

Abaddon was surprised to see Ragnork, but he recognised him straight away. He held back his anger, otherwise he would have had him slain there and then. His curiosity came first...

-Speak, maggot. Why are you here? said Abaddon
    -I will not speak to the Lord of Slaves, and I answer to no one!
    -Speak, boy, or I will have my men peel of your skin and show it to you before you die!

This last remark quelled Ragnork's anger, and he answered finally.

-I was exiled from Metalic Revenge by their new leader, Falurth, may he be forever accursed. I am looking for Zulzim, the demonic armor. Surely you have heard of it...?
    -Of course I have, ignorant insect! Ahh, good old Falurth, I thought my spy would be efficient in his goal. However, I did not ask him too send you on any quest...
    -You traitorous *****! I will ahve you before I die! screamed Ragnork in anger. Men, charge!

The Iron Warriors charged Abaddon and his guards, who were taken by surprise and a few of them fell. They quickly gathered their wits and slew an Iron Warrior. They rushed for the teleport controls, and left the Planet Killer.

-Men! Turn! Fly, fly!

The small maneouvrable ship flew out of the Planet Killer's range, and flew off into the distance...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you guys dont start answering, im going to cry

Ragnork's tale Part Two:

As they flew away from the mighty ship, they dodged and avoided the incredible amount of firepower being lobbed at them. Thermo-missiles and laser beams flew past the hull, but only a few shots hit. However, these did huge amounts of damage to the small ship, and after flying like this for a few hours, their life support systems were failling. Even Marines needed air...

So, they landed on the nearest planet, identified as Galunun. Accessing the ships data files, they were pleasantly surprised to see that the last sighting of Zulzim was on this uninhabited planet. That might explain why it was uninhabited...

The ship's pilot, Ulwrath, wounded in the fight aboard the Planet Killer, landed on a flat space outside the walls of a ruined ghost town, the signs of great workmanship still visible despite the constant winds. The planet's surface was a deep red, and it was vaste and sandy. The 3 nearby suns meant that the surface was constantly bathed in radiation and light. For miles around them, all they could see was flat expanses of unhospitable areas. Ragnork wondered who had came here in the first place... And why...

-How long until the ship is back online? asked Ragnork
    -Hard to say, sir. I'd say at least 4 weeks, and thats if we have all the materials we need... Ulwrath was also an expert mechanic, and he had made sure the ship worked well during the entire voyage. He loved it like one would love one's first born.

Ragnork looked around him. 4 weeks... They might be able to find Zulzim by then... However, first he needed to secure a large amount of food and water for any kind of expedition to begin.

-Ilnor, choose 5 men. You are all with me. Ulwrath, stay here with the rest of you, and dont leave the ship. Stay in radio contact all the time, and be watchful. Something made the people from this planet leave for some reason...

Ilnor chose 5 men, and followed Ragnork as they walked towards the city. It was vaste, as vaste as Medrengard's capital, at least. They neared the massive iron gates, and saw the tell-tale World Eaters insignia. When Ragnork saw this, he begun to get scared. What could scare away the followers of Khorne? They were mindless Beserkers, what could have made them leave? As these questions chased each other around in his mind, they entered into the first street, named Pilurn Street. It became obvious straight away that, even though there was debris everywhere, this settlment was made by someone other than Space Marines. The citiy streets were straight and perfectly set.

-Oh my god...

Ragnork looked around, and saw one of his Marines crouching on the floor. He was looking through the debris, and found a skull. As the other Marines bent over, it was clear that what they had at first thought was debris and fallen rocks, were all skulls, and twisted bodies. But they were not all Space Marine... Some were demonic, while a great number of them were Necron... What could those steal beasts want here? thought Ragnork.

-Boys, becareful... Lets move. Find supplies, and get out. Ilnor, take 2 men and search that block. Ill take the rest of you, and you come with me. Move out!

Ragnork ran into the nearest building, and slowly opened a door to his right. He saw, standing there, in the middle of the room, was a Necron. The green cold look in its eyes chilled the Chaos Lord to the bone. He ran into the room, brandishing his power claw, and ripped the metalic being to pieces. He heard bolter fire from other parts of the building, and quickly turned back. He saw his two followers firing madly into the room in front of them.

-Move, boys! Let me through!

They stopped firing just in time to see their leader rush headlong into the room, and they followed. There, standing with guns raised, were 5 Necontyr. One was already in bits on the floor. The ran, and bashed open a Necron with a powerful hit from one of their Bolters dropped another one to the ground. Soon, all the Necrons were on the floor, motionless, and the Iron Warriors were preparing to leave. However, as the last Marine was leaving the room, a metalic claw grabbed his ankle, and pulled him to the ground. His death was swift.

-Run Marine! Go war Ilnor! We're leaving!

Ragnork turned to face his foes. 3 Necrons were back up. He charged, and quickly noted that his power claw crushed them so badly that they didnt get up again. As he was exchanging hits with a Necron, a Gauss Rifle butt swung over his head, and with a crack, fell upon his skull. Ragnork fell to the floor. He looked forward, and saw a pair of metalic feet. He reached out, and ripped the beasts legs off. He couldnt get up after that... As Ragnork got back up, he whacked the last Necron's head off, and ran out of the room, back to the ship. He met up with Ilnor, and saw that he had also lost a man.

-Damn these beasts! Half of the ones we slew got back up again!
    -I know! However, my power claw seems to damage them too much for them to stand again. Quickly men, back to the ship. We must warn the others!

They took off at full speed, running as fast as their super-human legs would take them. They reached Ulwrath, who seemed surprised to see them back so fast.

-What happened? Where are the others?
    -The others are dead... We were ambushed by a group of Necrons...
    -Necrons! Here? We could be in some serious shi-...
    -I know! And I think they are going to come to try and destroy our ship...

They all looked back to the city, and saw that Ragnork was right. There, advancing slowly like death itself, were no less than 50 of the steel warriors. Few men could stand up to them, and the Marines were already exhausted from their ordeal with Abaddon.

-What heavy weapons do we have?
    -Erm, we have got 1 Lascannon, and 1 Lascannon on the ship... apart from that, a few plasma guns...
    -I doubt that will be enough....
    -They are moving really slowly, noted one of the Marines. Maybe we could set up a trap of some kind? An ambush?
    -Where? There is not cover anywhere around here. And we cant build trenches in this hard soil... We will have to stand and fight to the last! Who else is with me?

None of the men answered. This quest had already surpressed their corrupted souls, and none of them had the energy left to fight...

-I cant believe this... Arent you Iron Warriors? Dont we fight to the end? Do we give up, and lie down? Never!

Still the Marines were silent...

-Fine! Go hide somewhere! I will fight! I plan to fight, my hatred carrying me further than any other Marine! But I will not die, because I must still hunt down Falurth, Pertuarbo and Abaddon! And I will not dissapoint them!

With that, Ragnork charged towards the Necrons. As the Marines looked on with awe at the madness that had taken their leader, Ulwrath whispered 'he shouldnt die alone...'

-To arms boys! For Ragnork! Death to these beasts! Ilnor was shouting, and he picked up a plasma gun, and ran trying to catch up Ragnork.

The men all quickly followed suit, running towards their near certain doom. As they neared the Necrons, the metalic creatures stopped, and lowered their weapons. Seeing this, the Marines hit the floor in any small crevace or dip in the earth. Then all hell was let loose...

50 Gauss Rifles opened fire, hitting earth and sending red dust up towards the air. When the sand finally settled, Ragnork looked around him. How could he still be alive? Never mind, he thought.

-Charge! For Chaos! Death to the Necrontyr!

Ragnork rose to his feet, and continued his charge, emtpying bolt after bolt into the Necrons. He only realised a few seconds later that all his men were still following him, none had fallen miraculously. He blessed Chaos for their luck, and finally reached the Necron lines. He hit with such force that Necrons went flying as he slew them in throves, his power claw killing them, cutting them in half. He also recieved many wounds, but he was enraged, his blood was hot, and he continued nonetheless. His men were laying down withering covering fire, as the Lascannon on the ship activated. Ulwrath had stayed behind, and was firing the mighty weapon on the Necrons. The rest of the Marines charged by Ragnork's side, but they were fighting hoplessly in a sea of foes.

Suddenly, the Necrons left the battlefield, in a haze of green, as a few bodies remained. 5 more Iron Warriors had fallen, leaving only 8 of the original 20... Surely not enough to get Zulzim and return to slay Falurth...

Next time, will they find Zulzim, and what happened to the Necrons?

Closed Thread