Libras Eternal - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Libras Eternal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Libras Eternal was a chapter founded roughly 6000 years after the Horus Heresy. Their Chapter Master, Rheius Anti'och, was a stubborn, introverted and grim man. His men respected him in the highest regard, and fought mercilessly under his command. The warriors of the Libras Eternal were, and still remain to this day, fond of the chainsword. Anti'och's personal blade was one of the most ornately and skillfully crafted chainswords ever crafted and blessed by the Tech-priests. Many a time did the annals of history recount of the Libras madly charging into trenches, bunkers, and fortifications, rending enemy troops asunder with ferocity and skill that was unmatched by any of the Adeptus Astartes. The love of battle enticed every marine, and they all charged into the fray almost gleefully, chanting battle cries and flailing their roaring blades like crazed dervishes.
    The Libras' homeworld of Gaullica is situated only 300 light years from the Eye of Terror, and the taint of Chaos was a constant threat to their world. Soon the men of the Libras began to notice drastic changes in their Primarch. He secluded himself in his chambers, sometimes for weeks on end. Every time he emerged he looked slightly more brooding and enraged. The Chaplains became worried, and attempted to help Anti'och through devotion and prayer. Soon he even refused to pray to the Emperor at daily masses. The Inquisition heard of this, and sent an Inquisitor and a group of confessors to... "reeducate" Anti'och. They pulled him into his private chambers for an interrogation. Two hours later the Primarch called his chapter together in their Grand Hall/Cathedral. When the entire chapter mustered there, Anti'och presented them with the Inquisitor's head, and those of all 7 Confessors, impaled on a grand spear. As the Chaplains gazed out in shock, Anti'och pulled out his storm bolter and gunned every last one of them down. The marines, transfixed by sheer horror, stood solid and speechless. The maddened Primarch stood on the pulpit, dropped his gun, and removed his helmet. A chaos undivided mark was carved into his forehead. He stood in front of his entire chapter, and called his brother marines to ally with the dark gods. A fiery-tongued orator, Anti'och's enraged rantings swayed the entire chapter to his cause.
    The Adeptus Terra, upon learning of the chapter's heresy and the fate of the Inquisitor, ordered Exterminatus upon Gaullica. When the Naval fleet arrived in 420.M36, loaded with virus bombs, they found the planet deserted. What was left were temples bearing blasphemous icons and daemonic runes, dedicated to the worship of Chaos. As a company of Marines from the Crucibles chapter made planetfall, they were ambushed by slavering daemon hordes and numerous Chaos spawn. The entire company was butchered and their souls offered up to chaos by the possessed mutants. The ambush had bought enough time for the Libras' vessels to drop warp and blindside the Imperial fleet, where innumerable salvos of torpedos tore through the outnumbered ships of the Emperor. The Gaullican Slaughter is hatefully remembered by the men of the Crucibles chapter, and their progeny hate the Libras Eternal with a furious passion.
    Rheius Anti'och set up his Daemon world of Khoruscanus on the galactic east of the Eye of Terror, approximately 250 light years from Agripinaa, near Warp Storm Thanatus. There the Libras Eternal has fought mainly against Dark eldar from the Kabal of the Poisoned Soul, but has also battled elements of the 21st catachan "green dogs". They have never alied with another legion until Abaddon's 13th crusade... :ph34r:

If Knowledge is Power, then Genius is Tyranny.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice story
    bit long....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah... but what piece of army fluff isn't long?

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have to agree to, very nice story.
    Very nicely "illustrated" the betrayal scene...

Good potential for further story...
    check out my blog: DRAGONSLAYERO

HEY!
    I WAS IN THE IMPERIAL (Norwegian) GUARD!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i thought it was exellent&#33;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow i got 2 more replies on it?&#33; sweet, my storytelling skills haven&#39;t gone to shit yet. as requested, you&#39;ll be seeing an expansion on the Libras Eternal Story soon, since someone, surprisingly, thought it was good.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don&#39;t be cocky....
    Your a good writer, and this fluff was good... you deserve a few replies.
    check out my blog: DRAGONSLAYERO

HEY!
    I WAS IN THE IMPERIAL (Norwegian) GUARD!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I figured, since I got a few ideas in about the Libras&#39; past endeavors, I figured I&#39;d share more about Anti&#39;och himself.

Rheius Anti&#39;och, the hideous and inexplicably evil champion of Chaos, sat upon his throne of purest emerald in his grand hall of the Cathedral of Misery, his Daemonic Palace upon the surface of Khoruscanus. The emerald throne, which he cherished so greatly, glowed wih a wicked light, that dimmed and brightened with each passing thought through the Champion&#39;s twisted mind. The gods had rewarded him greatly for his worship and service over the past 2600 years, and he was no longer recognizable as the Chapter Master that was once the most revered man on Gaullica.
    He took on the mighty stature of a Daemon Prince, standing just shy of 11&#39; tall, his armor adorned with dark runes and the skulls of his many victims. His Dark Blade, Khel&#39;esmarus, was his first gift. The Daemon inside the ebon black blade goaded him on to commit acts of sadistic carnage, which earned both the admiration of his men, and the favor of the dark gods. Next was his Daemon armor, which he prized above all else. The blasphemous inscriptions upon its dark blue plating burned fear into the souls of all who opposed him. Once he had laid waste to the hive world of Erasmis, and sacrificed over 3 billion innocents to the Warp, he received his greatest gift. On top of the main spire, over 3 miles above the planet&#39;s ashen surface, Anti&#39;och howled in praise of the warp, and soon a bolt of pure warp energy flashed through him and surrounded him in a dazzling display of raw power, crackling with lightning bolts which scorched the Hives surrounding him. once the storm had abated, a heart-wrenching bestial roar echoed from the top of the Hive, and all those that were left upon the planet&#39;s surface gazed upon a sight of true power. Anti&#39;och had become a mighty Daemon prince of Chaos, and no one would dare stand in his way.
    Anti&#39;och toyed with his trophy chain, reflecting upon his three most treasured heads. One from the famous Colonel Keth&#39;el of the 21st Catachan regiment, whom Anti&#39;och enjoyed hearing howl in agony as his chainsword hacked off both of his legs. Second, from the noble captain of the Crucibles chapter that Anti&#39;och had personally decapitated. The Daemon grinned maliciously as he remembered how he had ripped the marine&#39;s jugular out with his own teeth, then tore his head off with little more than the flick of a wrist. Then he saw the head of the Mysterious Necron Lord, and scowled. He remembered how the mechanical ***** had impaled him upon his crackling green staff, but it would have taken so much more to stop a chosen servant of the Ruinous Powers. Anti&#39;och let out a small, deep laugh as he reminisced of cleaving the lord in two with his own staff after yanking it out of one of his two hearts. then he kept the machine&#39;s head as a souvenir.
    After pondering over such worthwhile memories, one of his mutant servants came shambling into the main chamber. "Master Anti&#39;och, Abaddon, the despoiler of worlds and Black Legion Champion, wishes to have a few words with you. He said to mention the words Black Crusade. Shall I deactivate the sentry guns sire?" The quivering mutant stopped to scratch his side with both of his left arms while waiting for Anti&#39;och&#39;s answer.
    "Crusade? now there&#39;s something I actually WANTED to hear. Show him in. "

A distant clanking of Terminator armor on bulkheads sounded the despoiler&#39;s arrival...

To be continued...

Closed Thread