A Rant. A 40k style Rant. Enjoy - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

A Rant. A 40k style Rant. Enjoy

Before I begin, let me tell you that I have a sick and twisted sense of humor. Factor this with bordeom and a couple mountain dews and you get the context in which I was writing this.

I have always liked the 40k style of prose, the writing style in which the BGB, the codex's and the other fluff materials is simply awesome. That dark, gothic, "no hope", Orwellian feel make it such a treat to read.

Inspired, I wrote this little rant, a satircal one, orginally posted on my Facebook. I thought I'd share it with an audiance who would appreciate it for what it was. So without further ado...

A deadly cancer lurks within the soul of humanity. From the depraved schools across the country to the towering spires of mankind's greatest cities, there exists an evil so great, so terrible, and unholy, it threatens to rob mankind of its greatest treasure: its soul.

Math.

From the blatant heresy of algebra to the insidious taint of calculus, math threatens to destroy the very fabric and essence of Mankind. With unholy decimal and fraction and square root, the vile Math Gods help spread their foul message. They would have humanity enslaved to formulas and equations. Freedom and self expression suppressed, for none of that exists in the Math Gods realm. Only the cold sound of a thousand fingers entering number after vile number into calculators, pencil after pencil scribbling every last answer.

The Math Gods wish to enslave humanity, drowning out its creativity, its idealism, and hope, replacing it with a cold data sheet of numbers and formulas.

Aiding in their agenda are servants of the Math Gods. And their number is Legion. They are Math Teacher and Math Professor, whose dark teachings corrupt the minds of the young and innocent.

They are Mathmatician, dark savants who have sold their souls to the Math Gods. In exchange for thier sanity they have gained knowledge and magic far beyond the reaches of mortal men. With formula and equation, these depraved souls further thier dark machinations, seeing humainity as nothing more than a set of variables and equations.

Those who have sold thier souls to the Heretical Math Gods are forever damned. They have forsacken thier mortal selves. They have shed thier humanity and reason for the cold hand of logic. They have covered their empathy in a veil of numbers, letters and equations.

They will not stop unti lHumanity is enslaved, when the laughter of the children dies, and all that can be seen is row after row of poor wretched souls, scibbling down formula after formula. Color replaced by black and white and grey. Logic and Reason replacing Faith and Love. Debate and Disccusion replaced by the laughter of the thirsting Math Gods...

We are all doomed...

My award winning Orky tale

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

lol
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    443 (x8)

Does this mean that Mathhammer is Heresy?
    "It takes a vast amount of self control to be this dangerous."
    ---Ogvai Ogvai Helmshrot, Jarl of Tra, VI Legion Astartes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    283 (x6)

This is quite true. I see nothing "funny" about it.
    "If you can wait til I get home, then I swear we can make this last."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post

lol
    My exact thoughts.

-AFG//

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x5)

I like math...... math hammer is evil though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LordTrebor View Post
    Before I begin, let me tell you that I have a sick and twisted sense of humor. Factor this with bordeom and a couple mountain dews and you get the context in which I was writing this.

I have always liked the 40k style of prose, the writing style in which the BGB, the codex's and the other fluff materials is simply awesome. That dark, gothic, "no hope", Orwellian feel make it such a treat to read.

Inspired, I wrote this little rant, a satircal one, orginally posted on my Facebook. I thought I'd share it with an audiance who would appreciate it for what it was. So without further ado...

A deadly cancer lurks within the soul of humanity. From the depraved schools across the country to the towering spires of mankind's greatest cities, there exists an evil so great, so terrible, and unholy, it threatens to rob mankind of its greatest treasure: its soul.

Math.

From the blatant heresy of algebra to the insidious taint of calculus, math threatens to destroy the very fabric and essence of Mankind. With unholy decimal and fraction and square root, the vile Math Gods help spread their foul message. They would have humanity enslaved to formulas and equations. Freedom and self expression suppressed, for none of that exists in the Math Gods realm. Only the cold sound of a thousand fingers entering number after vile number into calculators, pencil after pencil scribbling every last answer.

The Math Gods wish to enslave humanity, drowning out its creativity, its idealism, and hope, replacing it with a cold data sheet of numbers and formulas.

Aiding in their agenda are servants of the Math Gods. And their number is Legion. They are Math Teacher and Math Professor, whose dark teachings corrupt the minds of the young and innocent.

They are Mathmatician, dark savants who have sold their souls to the Math Gods. In exchange for thier sanity they have gained knowledge and magic far beyond the reaches of mortal men. With formula and equation, these depraved souls further thier dark machinations, seeing humainity as nothing more than a set of variables and equations.

Those who have sold thier souls to the Heretical Math Gods are forever damned. They have forsacken thier mortal selves. They have shed thier humanity and reason for the cold hand of logic. They have covered their empathy in a veil of numbers, letters and equations.

They will not stop unti lHumanity is enslaved, when the laughter of the children dies, and all that can be seen is row after row of poor wretched souls, scibbling down formula after formula. Color replaced by black and white and grey. Logic and Reason replacing Faith and Love. Debate and Disccusion replaced by the laughter of the thirsting Math Gods...

We are all doomed...

try finance-considering switching from finance to physics. Physics is far more meaningful. Finance is essentially capitalist math.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

Thanks for the replys!

Quote Originally Posted by psichotykwyrm View Post
    Does this mean that Mathhammer is Heresy?
    Yes it does. But unfortunetly its a necessary evil... Kind of like those daemon things the Ordo Malleus uses.

Acutally I wasn't sure what kind of response I get, but seeing as how its mostly positive, thanks!

The whole basic premise of this came to me as I was reading through the new Chaos Space Marine Codex and I thought "what if I replaced words like 'deamon' or 'chaos' with math..." and it took off from there. Do to the good feedback I might do more of these, I'll keep you people posted.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    470 (x8)

Before I begin, let me tell you that I have a sick and twisted sense of humor.
    That may be, but in this case it's worked. Fear the Math gods! Pretty good effort!

Factor this with bordeom and a couple mountain dews...
    I understand the boredom (it can make you do horrible, evil though often funny things...) but Mountain Dew... I thought mountain dew was a brand of bottled water...

Must be one of those international discrepancies (I'll just assume it's a sugary soft drink - makes more sense that way.)
    Rabbit; Our Tau community has the talent of figuring out how to turn a feather into a timebomb. Macgyver would be jealous.
    8people; Honey, why is my fluffwars story your shopping list?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

Mountain Dew Rocks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    I understand the boredom (it can make you do horrible, evil though often funny things...) but Mountain Dew... I thought mountain dew was a brand of bottled water...

Must be one of those international discrepancies (I'll just assume it's a sugary soft drink - makes more sense that way.)
    Mountain Dew is a sugary soft drink, a citrus flavored brand with a lot of caffiene8X I've found through personal experiance it isn't found outside the U.S in many cases, or if it is its been tampered with (the Canadians stip it of its caffiene, the bastards...) If you're ever in America, try it, and that goes for all of you.:drinking:

As you can tell, I like the dew a lot... You Americans will understand...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast