Emperors' powers - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    A legend in my own mind.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x3)

Emperors' powers

How powerful is the emperor? I mean psykikly, but we can throw in phsyically if you want. As for the formor, has he grown in power since he was shackeled to the golden throne and started munching on the souls of psykers. Does he count as a warp god? Could he beat the Runious powers? Then or now. Same applies to the hive mind or C'tan, is/was the emperor powerful enouhg to take on them. Is that why the forces of chaos tried to have him killed in the heresy, because he was so powerful they concieved him as a threat?

Last edited by Hashulaman; June 8th, 2008 at 23:23.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

68 (x4)

In his current state he does one thing and one thing only: Act as a light house.

All he does is sit on his throne and help people navigate the warp while thousands of psykers have their powers drained from them to keep him alive and bright. He has no actual powers anymore, however he is a warp god since all that is required for a warp god to exist is belief and a specific emotion to feed on, he is all the good that humanity has in it, and, I believe, every Space Marine who remains loyal will join his spirit in the warp for a final battle with evil, as such Space Marines are fairly willing to give up their lives in combat for him.

When he dies or becomes fully regenerated, well that is a different story. If he dies he now has a god-form in the warp that will obtain full consciousness, he will have the spirits of millions, if not billions, of psykers as part of him (although they will be little more than empty shells, he'll probably just scrape the last bits out like Peanut Butter). He will have the spirits of all the loyal Space Marines as part of him, he will have the built up belief of all God fearing Humans powering him. And he will lead a fight against the powers of the warp and ultimately decide the fate of the galaxy.

Mind you this is all happening right now, and in every instance in the future and past, and is covering every possible outcome. Got to love string theory.
    A youth with his first cigar makes himself sick; a youth with his first girl makes other people sick. - Mary Wilson Little

A legend in my own mind.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

73 (x3)

Well I am also inquiring on his abilities before the heresy when he was alive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He was superman. He was more or less one of the more powerful entities in the galaxy. Difficult to say about the C'tan thing, but seeing as a massive degree of his power came from the warp, it's likely that he'd be able to defeat them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    216 (x7)

The Emperor does several things at the moment
    He aims the Astronomicon
    He powers the living saints
    He eats weak psychics
    He strengthens middle psychics to protect them from warp entities
    He leads powerful psychics using the Emperors Tarot
    He holds the Chaos gods and their Daemons at bay.

All Humans (not just Marines) who are loyal to him and die in his service, join with his warp self.
    His warp self rivals that of the Chaos Gods, and grows with every soul that joins him. (the Chaos Gods (including Gork and Mork) are also increased with souls offered to them.)

the Hive Mind is not a warp entity, the psychic feedback from the chattering of a trillion Tyranids psychically linked is what blots out the warp.

C'tan are weak against psychic types and take 4x damage from them..
    Arch Overfiend & Grand Despot
    I currently play:
    Doom Eagle Space Marines
    Hive Fleet Omega Tyranids
    Goff Ork Boyz(dead)
    Tau of O'me
    Inquisitorial Xeno Hunters

and my attempted foray into fantasy
    'Dark Angel Green' Dark Elves in need of fluff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by archonofdeath View Post
    In his current state he does one thing and one thing only: Act as a light house.
    And making Saint Celestine badass, if you believe the Thorians..

Quote Originally Posted by archonofdeath
    however he is a warp god since all that is required for a warp god to exist is belief and a specific emotion to feed on, he is all the good that humanity has in it, and, I believe, every Space Marine who remains loyal will join his spirit in the warp for a final battle with evil, as such Space Marines are fairly willing to give up their lives in combat for him.
    That's what some humans believe, anyway.. I've never seen anything to make it undeniably the case. I mean, this whole idea of warp gods is kind of flawed.. The chaos gods are something different to the hive mind, for example, or the Emperor. The former don't have bodies, they're built on deep, primal drives which go beyond conscious worship. The Emperor is a human being (or posthuman being) who simply happens to be worshipped by people. They could pull the plug and he could just die.. Not saying that theory isn't okay, it's just a bit old, and in the absence of anything new to support it it's starting to look kind of shaky.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's what some humans believe, anyway.. I've never seen anything to make it undeniably the case. I mean, this whole idea of warp gods is kind of flawed.. The chaos gods are something different to the hive mind, for example, or the Emperor. The former don't have bodies, they're built on deep, primal drives which go beyond conscious worship. The Emperor is a human being (or posthuman being) who simply happens to be worshipped by people. They could pull the plug and he could just die.. Not saying that theory isn't okay, it's just a bit old, and in the absence of anything new to support it it's starting to look kind of shaky.
    a valid point sure. but the last fluff i read regarding the chaos gods is that they are formed from thought and belife. This would explain the idea of the Emperor being a god in the warp as archonofdeath has said. So it's fair to assume he is the power behind his loyalists and giving the powers of faith people like the inquisitor's possess. Just like the chaos god's are the power behind thier follower's powers. I would think that it is this warp entity that has the power. (not the corpse on the gold toilet) soo you could say that the emperor has the power of a god. just not his phisical form. (beyond the astrinomican i think) that's why the Inquisitors are discussing his recovery on the throne and weither or not to unhook him or something in the start of the Inquisitor book (forgive me if i am wrong) becuase this would cause panic in the imperium, and could make people lose faith, and thus the emperor his power... am i right? 0:
    ''Probably the best ally in the world''
    ''Ally the barbarian''
    ''The NinJa!! (c)''
    ''co-inventor of viking slaps and viking ninja slaps''

Formerly BrotherAzriel Horus Lupercal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    138 (x6)

well theses supposed to be a few big changes in 40k fluff with the new rule book, so we will see in there wont we!
    PROUD TO BE IN THE BRITISH ARMY.
    ~~ Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death~~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Big changes. 40k?

Hah. Haha. HAHAHA!!! *Gigglesnort*

Oh god. That cracked me up. Please. While the gravy train is in the station, you'd need 8 figures of sponsorship to make GW change their fluff/business practices.

Formerly BrotherAzriel Horus Lupercal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    138 (x6)

##ACCESS LEVEL OMEGA####

Gw has acctualy stated a couple of times that the fluff is moveing on a bit, and iv heard this many times from friends in the rumor mill and on here so, ##ACCESS LEVEL OMEGA####

im considering the possiblitiy of the star child fluff returning, Gw has revived a lot of old fluff lately so its a possibility.

Post Edited by inquisitorial mandate- myself keeping the peace.
    Last edited by Horus Lupercal; June 10th, 2008 at 21:32.
    PROUD TO BE IN THE BRITISH ARMY.
    ~~ Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death~~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast