Can horus return - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    A legend in my own mind.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x3)

Can horus return

Abbadon seems to be unable to conquer on a scale Horus could. Can the chaos gods bring horus back? Breathe life back into the warmaster, or make a new one, like a clone. As far as we know all of the horus clones were destroyed, doesn't mean they all were. I think it is possible for the chaos gods (this sounds like something tzeentch would do) to either bring horus back, or make a new one.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

It's a nice idea.. There was that old quote on the back of the last chaos codex which was all "The south will rise again!"

Realistically, though, given the way Horus was killed, he isn't coming back.. The Emperor didn't just kill his body, he obliterated his psychic presence too (Horus previously did the same thing to Sanguinius) precisely so that no trace of him would ever remain.

Clones, yeah.. but clones doesn't mean much. Every use of clones in 40k seems to go horribly wrong, or otherwise under perform somehow.

Making a new one.. Now you're talking. In fact, there's an entire Inquisitorial faction trying to do just that (but better.. we can control chaos, damnit!) All you have to do is be possessed by all the chaos gods at once without exploding or having your head spin 360 degrees.. which is probably harder than it sounds.

Senior Member Inquisitor_Naravus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x1)

I guess it is possible for someone similiar to Horus to rise to power, but as LGM said, Horus himself will likely never be comming back.

It would seem possible that one of the Primarchs (or something similiar to their status) could be corrupted by pure 'Chaos United' power though this new creature would also need some kind of motivation to bring about the downfall of mankind...

-Naravus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    85 (x4)

Abbadon seems to be unable to conquer on a scale Horus could.
    "Horus was weak. Horus was a fool. He had the entire galaxy in his grasp and let it slip away."
    Are you sure you're not forgetting a certain incredibly talented chap going by Abaddon The Despoiler?
    Can the chaos gods bring horus back?
    Unlikely, as he was not elevated to daemonhood. If he was a Daemon Prince, the Imperium would never be able to get rid of him as he'd return again every next millenium.
    Breathe life back into the warmaster, or make a new one, like a clone.
    Abaddon has destroyed Horus' body, AFAIK. So resurrecting him ain't likely.
    As far as we know all of the horus clones were destroyed, doesn't mean they all were.
    You've got something going on with this idea, certainly. Except it would likely end up as a 40k version of the Clone Saga. Which might actually be fun. Seven clones of Horus fighting each other. For would side with each one of the Chaos Gods, the fifth would try to gain favor of all Ruinous Powers at once, the sixth would "see the light" and decide to side with the Imperium and the seventh would say "this galaxy ain't worth fighting over" and escape somewhere well beyond the Imperial space.

I think it is possible for the chaos gods (this sounds like something tzeentch would do) to either bring horus back, or make a new one.
    As said, bringing Horus back wouldn't work. Making a new one... can. And it's probably what they're trying to get with Abaddon.

Aliens ate my soul. Chubby_Jedi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    358 (x6)

I think a important question is why would you?
    Horus failed in his attempt to bring the galaxy to heel.
    He was more than beaten by the Emperor, he was utterly broken.
    His defeat broke the back of the Heresy in a single moment.
    His legion forgone his name and blotted out his legion colours
    from their armour. He brought shame to his legion like none before him could.
    Not that he turned away from the light but by the fact that for all his self praise,
    all his powerful speeches, he just couldn’t get the job done.
    So why would anyone want him back?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    I AM BOOMER!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Not that he turned away from the light but by the fact that for all his self praise,
    Because he managed to turn a full half of his brothers, some of the most powerful beings in existance, against their own father, waged a galaxy spanning war ending the lives of billions and besieged Terra itself, coming within inches of destroying the Emperor of mankind? Why wouldn't the bad guys wan't him back.

"Come on abaddon, 14's the charm!"
    Kabal of the Twilight Blade - Host of Tecpatl - Salamanders 3rd

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

Well khorne resurrected kharn and slanesh resurrected lusius the eternal but as said we are not talking about a simple resurrection of body Horus’s phycic energy was destroyed that said I read fluff that suggested that in some small way Sanguinius “pycicic energy still exists and that this energy can sometimes communicate to loyal powerful blood angles in times of great need. also the guy asket could it happen not would it happen so questiong Horus value is really a seprate topic

Aliens ate my soul. Chubby_Jedi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    358 (x6)

also the guy asket could it happen not would it happen so questiong Horus value is really a seprate topic
    O.k. fair point.

Horus was cloned by the Emperors Children but
    all the clones were destroyed by the Black Legion.
    So yes Horus could be re-cloned again
    (If there is a soruce of Horus’s DNA / tissue samples lying around still).
    Or the Chaos gods could bring him back
    (If they really wanted to.)

Still don’t see any reason why anyone would want him back tho.
    Chaos Gods are not know for being forgiving of failures.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    I AM BOOMER!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    They were on the last planet of Mankind. One more victory, and the war would have been theirs. And in doing so, Horus almost killed the EMPEROR. They literally came within a hairs-breadth of total victory.

A legend in my own mind.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x3)

As far as i know, abbadon hasn't managed to unite all the chaos legions together to wage war against the imperium, one reason chaos has not done nearly enough damage, they are not working together. Horus however, I could see the daemon primarchs joining his side, especially fulgrim. He and Horus were incredibly close. Horus has a charm about him that abbadon doesn't have. As for hsi destruction at the hands of the emperor, well the emperor is in no position to stop a second horus from rampaging across the galaxy.

If sangunius' psykik energy is still around in some form, then so can horus'. Sides its posible, in my opinion anyways, for the chaos gods to re constitute horus if they really wanted to. For all we know (now this is a stretch, I know so don't tell me.) For the chaos gods to have saved a sliver of horus psykik resonance (or soul) and remake him.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast