Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
What did happen to all the Primarchs that survived the Horus heresy? I know Leman Russ set off on a quest to find the life tree thing to save the emperor, but what about the other loyalist Primarchs?
I also recently read in the ultramarines omnibus on the last bool that the primarch of the iron warriors still dwells in like a huge fortress on a planet somewhere in the eye of terror, But what about the other evil Primarchs that survived the heresy? Where are they and didnt they attack humanity again?
Dorn died centuries later during one of the Black Crusades
Khan disappeared chasing a Dark Eldar raiding party
Corax disappeared following the war
Guilliman is technically still alive, but in stasis and mortally wounded
Russ disappeared following the war
the Lion is most likely dead.
Fulgrim is a daemon prince.
Lorgar is a daemon prince.
Angron is a daemon prince.
Mortarion is a daemon prince.
Magnus is a daemon prince.
Perturabo is a daemon prince.
"Half" of Alpharius is dead, the other half is unaccounted for
Night Haunter was (potentially willfully) killed by an assassin.
WHFB: Dwarfs || WH40k: Imperial Fists, Necrons || WM/H: Trollbloods || BFG: Necrons
There are twenty sons of the emperor, and here are the status of the 18 that were found, in no order.
Sanguinius - Dead (Horus)
Horus - Dead (Emperor)
Ferrus Manus - Dead
Lion El'Jonson - Dead "Kinda"(Planet Exploded)
Jaghati Khan - Lost in Eldar warp web
Leman Russ - Lost (Said "peace out")
Rogal Dorn - Dead
Roboute Guilliman - Dead (Fulgrim)
Vulkan - Lost
Corax - Lost (Went into Eye of terror)
Fulgrim - Alive (Traitor)
Perturabo - Alive (Iron Legion)
Night Haunter - Dead (Traitor)
Angron - Alive (World Eaters)
Mortarion - Lost (Traitor)
Lorgar - Alive (Word Bearers)
Alpharius - Alive (Alpha Legion)
Magnus the Red - Alive (Thousand sons)
Well I've heard that lion is sleeping in the fortress. Russ says he will return at the "Wolf time" I think. I don't bother myself with space wolves' hisotry Most people assume jagatai was killed or got eternally lost when he went in the webway, we have no idea if someone can live in the webway for that long. Being a pocket dimension between our universe and the warp, it is possible time has no meaning there as in the warp. I personally believe that Lion and Robert can and might come back, maybe russ
Leman Russ disapeared. I think he went on a quest searching for somthing that could bring the emperor back. he said he would return when the space wolves are about to kick the bucket to fight alonside, or somthing like that.
wolf priests still get visions of leman russ, this usually gets the space wolves to launch an expidition to find their primarch
dont count Russ out yet
Last edited by sendaf; June 19th, 2008 at 17:45.
"Thank him who puts me loath to this revenge on you who wrong me not for him who wrongd"
Although you can find this answer, filling it out a little more for benefit of OP
- Sanguinius (Blood Angels) - Slain by Horus at the climax of the Heresy, above Earth on Horus's ship, right b4 Emperor arrived, one of Horus's best friends before the Heresy
- Ferrus Manus (Iron Hands) - Beheaded by the demon-possessed Fulgrim at the Drop Site Massacres during the Heresy ... bested Fulgrim in combat, only to be beaten when Fulgrim used a demon-powered sword to disarm and behead him
- Lion El'Jonson (Dark Angels) - Possibly dead, possibly in stasis/deep sleep at heart of home planet ... huge fluff and mixed stories here, fun read, too long for here ... according to official fluff, is alive, well, but asleep until the end times, and is watched over by the "Watchers in the Dark," little benevolent creatures of the Dark Angels homeworld .... badly or mortally wounded at climax of Heresy by best friend and 2nd-in-command turned to Chaos, Luther
- Jaghati Khan (White Scars) - Lost in Eldar webway, but possibly there by intent and fully aware of what he's up to ... lost or not, he's MIA
- Leman Russ (Space Wolves) - Left willfully, location unknown, promised to return, likely alive
- Rogal Dorn (Imperial Fists) - Dead, killer not really known I don't think, lived several centuries after the Heresy
- Roboute Guilliman (Ultramarines) - Comatose in stasis, rumored to be healing but currently unable to survive outside of stasis, healing is only a rumor ... lived for a long time after the heresy, wound caused by Fulgrim
- Vulkan (Salamanders) - MIA, like most loyal primarchs whose deaths are not confirmed, he is rumored to be on the brink of a glorious return
- Corax (Raven Guard) - MIA in Eye of Terror, emotionally crushed by the side effects of radical genetic therapy used to rebuild shattered legion after Heresy
- Horus (Sons of Horus / Luna Wolves) - Emperor completely obliterated his soul, gone for good
- Fulgrim (Emperor's Children / Noise Marines) - Possessed by demon, effectively trapped w/in own body, traitor
- Perturabo (Iron Warriors) - Alive, possibly Demon Prince, traitor
- Night Haunter (Night Lords) - Allowed assassin to penetrate fortress and kill him, traitor
- Angron (World Eaters / Khorne Berserkers) - Demon Prince / Bloodthirster, alive but banished to the Warp
- Mortarion (Death Guard / Plague Marines) - Demon Prince, alive
- Lorgar (Word Bearers) - Demon Prince, alive
- Alpharius and Omegon (Alpha Legion) - Alpharius and twin Omegon were convinced that if the Heresy failed, the Imperium would degenerate into paranoia and theocratic tyranny, with the Emperor reduced to a soul-fed husk (turned out to be true), and eventually all falling to the triumph of Chaos ... they were also convinced that helping Horus win the Heresy would result in the eventual destruction of the galaxy's races, but along with them the worshippers of Chaos would also die, and Chaos would fail as a result (since they depend on worship to exist) ... as a result, Alpharius and Omegon sided with Horus "for the Emperor," but were left as visible traitors despite their motives when the Heresy failed ... no choice but to throw in their lot and try to accomplish the original goal; Alpharius believed dead I think, Omegon unaccounted for
- Magnus the Red (Thousand Sons) - Magically / psychically gifted and utterly loyal to the Emperor, he found out about Horus's impending betrayal and broke Imperial law to warn the Emperor across the galaxy using magic. The Emperor, angered by Magnus using magic against his command, believed it to be a trick - Horus could never betray him, he thought - and saw Magnus as the deceitful traitor. He sent Leman Russ to capture Magnus and bring him to Earth, but Horus convinced Russ to destroy Magnus / the Thousand Sons legion (Russ didn't know Horus was a traitor yet). In the ensuing battle, Russ broke Magnus's back, and the Space Wolves were destroying the legion. In desperation, Magnus called on Tzeentch to save him and his legion, thus becoming a traitor and condemning his soul to Chaos. Now a traitor Demon Prince, residing in the Warp (banished at the moment, I think)
Just tried to fill it out a little
Nids & Guard
GMail = MVBrandt
All hail MVBrandt, Bringer of Knowledge, Patron Saint of Enlightenment, Destroyer of Falsities, and Guardian of the Sacred Fluff!
"The question is not how far. The question is, do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far as is needed?"
Well surely if the Primarches were masters of combat and tactics then chaos should be destroying the imperium right now, as they have atleast 4 Primarches who also have the added stength of deamonhood?
I'm Useless :D
The reports are vague, Guilliman is credited with killing "Alpharius" but as the alpha legion are secretive the marine killed could have been anyone masquerading as Alpharius or Alpharius/Omegron himself, but even the Ultramarines can't confirm this...Alpharius believed dead I think, Omegon unaccounted for
Dorn-thought dead after attack on chaos ship, only his skeletal hand was recovered.
El'Jonson-According to Chapter Master Astelan the Lion is actually a traitor and luther the loyalist, which would make some of the "fallen" loyalists although not all remained loyal as some turned to chaos or serve only themselves.
Last edited by Helbrecht; June 20th, 2008 at 08:46.
Xbox Gamertag: x Helbrecht x
The other counter story about the Dark Angels is that Lion El'Johnson turned Traitor (this is somewhat supported by the role he was given in the Crusade and how it irritated him, and by the fact that he didn't get much time to spend with his "Father" the Emperor, so had less of a tight bond with him), and went back to destroy Calaban. Luther tried to save the day, but they were killed and the planet basically destroyed. When word of the Heresy's failure reached Calaban, the traitors were faced with a choice - fight the Loyalists, or lie ... claim they'd won the day and beaten Chaos, but sadly Johnson was "lost" to the warp, so was Luther and most of the legion, but guess what we're the good guys and we're loyal!
10 thousand years later, they're "loyalists" truly enough by now, but the last thing they want is for any of the "Fallen" to get the word out that they're the REAL loyalists, and the Dark Angels were originally traitors, hence why they'll even blast other marines to keep the Fallen from talking.
This theory would also follow along with Luther being locked away screaming about absolution and Johnson (it's Johnson that will need the absolution, not Luther, in this iteration), and Johnson's hiding in the center of Calaban b/c he's the truest traitor of them all.
Anywho, DA fluff is very wide open so that people can come up with odd stories like that and have them seem plausible.
Nids & Guard
GMail = MVBrandt