Sisters of Battle Convent on Fenris? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sisters of Battle Convent on Fenris?

I want my Sisters of Battle army to be located on Fenris to accompany my Wolf Army...but here's my dilema:

The Witch Hunters Codex says that every major Imperial world has an Ecclesiastic Cathedral of which the Sororitas of that world serve as the guardians and peace-keepers. Fenris is obviously a major Imperial world because one of the founding chapters of Space Marines uses it as their homewolrd. But Fenris, in the Space Wolves Codex, is described as a primitive world where the natives are kept in that state so that only the strongest and best suited will live long enough for the Rune Priests to put them through the Space Wolf Inductee tests.

So I don't really think there would be an Ecclesiastic Cathedral on Fenris...

What do you guys think? I know that since it's my fluff I can do whatever I want, but I'd like to not bend the rules that much.

"When Space Wolves call upon Russ or the Emperor in battle, it is to witness the deeds of Men and to judge The Fallen."
    - Meditations upon the Fang

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

PAw
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hehehe. Well unfortunately Inq and Puppies dont play nice. They could be on campaign together or be on some sort of Expedition. Unfortunately sons of Russ dont like the Inquisition that well for that matter Ordo Hereticus.
    Last edited by PAw; June 24th, 2008 at 22:00. Reason: typo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    255 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by PAw View Post
    hehehe. Well unfortunately Inq and Puppies dont play nice. They could be on campaign together or be on some sort of Expedition. Unfortunately sons of Russ dont like the Inquisition that well for that matter Ordo Hereticus.
    Probably has something to do with that whole tainted geneseed thing.

PAw
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that and the first Armageddon war.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

Well, technically, a SM homeworld is not an Imperial world. They are usually, with a few exceptions, completely cut off from many, if not all, modern luxuries. This is because the SMs need to breed the primitive warrior culture that makes them such good candidates for recruitment and while this can be done on more modern worlds as well (the Imperial Fists recruit from hive worlds, as an example), I think most Chapters prefer these untouched warrior cultures.

Of course, a major world like Fenris probably have a few larger settlements, and these probably have cathedrals or whatever to the Emperor. And those need to be guarded. I think it is somewhat unlikely that theres a larger Order there though. More likely a preceptory or commandery that perhaps search for orphanges to ship of to their Order or a Schola Progenium.

I must though that it is a very cool idea that could make for some Space Wolf inspired SoB, with pelts and all that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x4)

Heh, why not set them up as 'Valkyries'. Strict adherents to a warrior creed that place emphasis on honor, righteous combat and personal glory. Acts of Faith could become Deeds of Glory etc. That and the SW needs somebody to carouse with all night.
    Modelling wise they could be decked out in pelts, hair in plats, wielding axes, swords and the like. Hmm, so many possibilities.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain (It's time to roll the dice)- Mattrim Cauthon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

Fenris is not only a primitive warrior culture, but they are exempt from the Imperial cult. Space Marine chapters have their own hero-worship cults focused around their Primarchs. The Space Wolves follow the old ways that Russ was brought up with and the lore and beliefs of their chapter are watched over by their wolf-priests. As the undisputed rulers of Fenris, the Space Wolves allow the feral tribes of their planet to follow the Cult of Russ (and would actively expunge the Cult of the God-Emperor if it ever arose there!) All space marine chapters, including the Space Wolves, admire the Emperor as a great man, but definately not a god! To deny the Emperor's divinity is Heresy in the first degree in the eyes of the ecclesiarchy. The Cult of Russ and the Ecclesiarchy don't see eye to eye, but they tolerate each other. But not on the same world!
    No Space Marine homeworld has a temple of the Ecclesiarchy on it. Not a single one. Keep in mind that the Ecclesiarchy fostered the Sisters of Battle specifically because they couldn't boss the Space Marines around. They needed their own elite, power armored warriors to do their bidding for them, and they were no longer allowed "men under arms." In fact, the Ecclesiarchy and the Ordo Hereticus has used the Sisters of Battle to attack Space Marine chapters in the past.

If you wish to stay within established fluff there are a couple of good ways to ally your SoB with your SW army. Space Wolves are particularly protective of Imperial citizens (where other chapters will sacrifice civilians for tactical advantage), and the Adeptus Sororitas are devoted to protecting missionaries, shrines and the population at large. The Space Wolves would certainly put aside their dislike for the stuffy holier-than-thou Ecclesiarchy when the lives of innocent Imperial citizens are on the line (especially with Logan Grimnar as Great Wolf). The SW would come to the aid of a shrine world without a second thought. Any situation where they are protecting the general Imperial citizenry at large is a situation that SoB and Puppies would fight together.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Exarch Thomo View Post
    Heh, why not set them up as 'Valkyries'. Strict adherents to a warrior creed that place emphasis on honor, righteous combat and personal glory. Acts of Faith could become Deeds of Glory etc. That and the SW needs somebody to carouse with all night.
    Modelling wise they could be decked out in pelts, hair in plats, wielding axes, swords and the like. Hmm, so many possibilities.
    I'm really liking this idea! Their fluff could be something like they are still devoted to the Emperor but they have renounced the Hereticus, claiming that the threat to humanity is not only the witch but all enemies of the Imperium...both are appealing to the Space Wolves. And that name...its perfect!!

It also works because I don't like using =I= in my SOB army anyway (the only time I do it is when I need points or a Land Raider )

If you wish to stay within established fluff there are a couple of good ways to ally your SoB with your SW army. Space Wolves are particularly protective of Imperial citizens (where other chapters will sacrifice civilians for tactical advantage), and the Adeptus Sororitas are devoted to protecting missionaries, shrines and the population at large. The Space Wolves would certainly put aside their dislike for the stuffy holier-than-thou Ecclesiarchy when the lives of innocent Imperial citizens are on the line (especially with Logan Grimnar as Great Wolf). The SW would come to the aid of a shrine world without a second thought. Any situation where they are protecting the general Imperial citizenry at large is a situation that SoB and Puppies would fight together.
    This is also a very good point, and maybe it could be combined with the above option!

~ thanks for all the help guys...if you wouldn't mind I would like some more input!

EDIT: I've gone with both opitions! read about it http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ml#post1191162 here!
    Last edited by Sister Bluebird; June 25th, 2008 at 05:25.
    "When Space Wolves call upon Russ or the Emperor in battle, it is to witness the deeds of Men and to judge The Fallen."
    - Meditations upon the Fang

A legend in my own mind.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x3)

All SM, let alone Space wolves have issues with the Ecclisiarchy. Marines don't see the Emperor as a god. So I doubt the Inquisistion would work with a rebellious chapter like space wolves unless they had to. Sides Space marines and Inqusition seem pretty territorial. They don't seem to be the type to share jurisdiction. I would love to see Space wolves defy the Inquisition. They are the type to do it (their defiance for all authority except the emepeors and their primarchs'.) Plus, going after one of the origional chapters? That's tantimount to suicide. Any sucessor chapters would rush to Space Wolves' aid, as well as other chapters (expect DA. I don't know if theyd help. The whole Lion/Russ incident has made the DA relcutant to help Space wolves and the Space wolves would probably turn down any help there.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x4)

Which is the reason why the Inquisitors don't like working with the wolves as a whole - in fact more than one has tried to declare the wolves excomunicatus tratorious. The fact that if they did that entire segments would rebel and cause a war rivaling the Heresy.
    The D.A would indeed defend the Wolves - they have a rivalry, they don't hate each other - as would many other chapters (especially the original legions), entire regiments of Imperial Guard and quite a few worlds and systems across the Imperium.

Sister Bluebird: I'll try and work out some more fluff, background and ideas for the Fenrisian Sisters and either post it here or pm you.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain (It's time to roll the dice)- Mattrim Cauthon

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast