Legitimacy of the 40K Lexicanum? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    No King Rules Forever Dawnrunner's Avatar
    East Coast suburban hell, USA
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

57 (x1)

Legitimacy of the 40K Lexicanum?

Hey everyone...I just had a question about the 40K Lexicanum, located here:

Main Page - Lexicanum

Now I am aware that there are more than a few misleading websites out there to beware of, but this seems pretty legit. The information looks to be taken only from material that GW has sanctioned over the years. I've also seen quite a few posts on quite a few threads by quite a few respectable members of this online community, who cited Lexicanum as a legitimate source of information for fluff and other 40K-related information.

My question is this: Can the 40K Lexicanum website be considered a valid, legitimate source for information about fluff?

Last edited by Dawnrunner; July 4th, 2008 at 17:33.
    The Emperor set a fire in their hearts that they might burn the iniquitous and the impure from his sight. And the light of that flame shall be as a beacon to the faithful, a light that shines in the darkest places.

2. Remove Advertisements

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

0 (x0)

Observe it's referencing.

If it's well referenced, then it's easy to cross-check. We have a well informed group of fans here at Librarium Online, who should be able to establish any article as true or false, if it becomes an issue.

Primary problems include legacy fluff, such as the Horus Heresy or Imperial Robots, or Black Library/Sabertooth created fluff, such the HH series of novels, or novels such as Lord of the Night (Name? The one with the Night Lord that had just come out of stasis).

Beyond that, I'd say it's safe.

Cork, Ireland
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

216 (x7)

It is pretty good for most things. Best thing to do, is that if you are concerned about a specific issue then to raise it here and others can try to yay or nay it.

Some fan fiction has made it on to the site, but it is definitely a useful tool.
    Arch Overfiend & Grand Despot
    I currently play:
    Doom Eagle Space Marines
    Hive Fleet Omega Tyranids
    Goff Ork Boyz(dead)
    Tau of O'me
    Inquisitorial Xeno Hunters

and my attempted foray into fantasy
    'Dark Angel Green' Dark Elves in need of fluff

+ Reply to Thread