The Hounds of Deliverance Chapter, and the Utopian Regiments. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Pedantic Englishman Wolf Lord Herby's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    136 (x4)

The Hounds of Deliverance Chapter, and the Utopian Regiments.

The planet of Utopia is akin to one vast hunting lodge and is located not all that far from the Ocularis Terribus, but sufficiently deep into Imperial controlled space as to be relatively safe from invasion.. Its main trade is tourism, and its populace are divided into two: The first live, work and die in the gigantic orbital hotels, and the second live amongst the creatures below, expert trappers and hunters to a man, selling the precious hides and crests of the Land Dragons, the major game in the vast tundra of the terra-formed planet, as souvenirs to the paying guests.

It is from this latter section of the population that the Hounds of Deliverance are formed. Living of the land, and spending sometimes weeks or months living rough, stalking their fearsome game, they are a hardy, self-reliant folk, perfect for induction into the Astartes.

The Hounds of Deliverance are(were) largely Codex in organisation, save that they were often accompanied by packs of Utopian Wolfhounds, the hunting beasts, characteristic of Utopia, from which the Chapter derived their name. The Chapter was established as one of the Astartes Praeses, a group of 20 Chapters formed with the express duty to defend the Cadian Gate.

Its latest major Campaign was in defence of the Cadian Gate from Abaddon the Despoiler's 13th Black Crusade. Such was the ferocity of the fighting in which the Chapter was embroiled, scarce 200, from the full Chapter of just over 1000, survived. After this crippling defeat, it was thought by many that the Hounds' would retreat to Utopia for many decades, licking their wounds and recovering their strength.

However, such was the importance the Chapter placed upon their sacred duty to contain the Forces of Chaos within the Eye of Terror, they refused to relent even for a moment. Those few Marines that were left, hard-bitten veterans to a man, were granted, by the Governer of Utopia, 4 full Utopian Regiments to supplement their forces, and allow them to be once again, to some extent, an operational chapter. The Marines fight either as Platoon, Company or Regimental Commanders, depending on their rank, and occasionally as elite hit-and-run units.

The Utopian Regiments themselves consist of 8 infantry companies, an armoured company, and a mounted company. It is this third type, the 10th Company in each Regiment that is the most unusual. It is formed of those Utopians with the greatest affinity for animals, and they all take to battle either in traditional, horse-riding, 'Rough Rider' squads, or mounted on and leading Land Dragons.

Company, and Regimental structure, is fairly loose in Utopian Regiments. The terms 'Infantry' and 'Armoured' can be misleading; Certain squads in Infantry Companies often take to the field in Chimera transports, and the Armoured Companies contain all sorts of vehicles from Sentinels through Basilisks to Leman Russes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The list I'll be using for these, should I decide to collect them, will be Lost and the Damned, with the Traitor Units representing the Utopian Regiments, Big Mutants for Land Dragons, Flesh Hound rules for the Wolfhounds, and finally, Chaos Space Marines, without the overtly Chaos bits, as the surviving members of the Hounds of Deliverance.

So, what do you think of my fluff? Possible? Plausible? Any holes I've failed to plug? Any and all Comments & Criticisms welcomed.

Last edited by Wolf Lord Herby; July 23rd, 2008 at 11:49.
    FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the idea of the fluff. Of course, a chapter set up like this will come under the close eye of the Inquisition, who would not take a SM chapter with their own backup army lightly. But, the Blood Angels, Dark Angels, Space Wolves, and Black Templars all get away with questionable things without the Inquisition doing much about it. As I see it, helping fend off the latest Black Crusade is a good enough excuse to allow this chapter to survive.
    "Dear Diary: Today I may of accidentally registered myself as a sex offender. WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY LIFE!" - Dinosaur Comics

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Solid story, rep for you. Having dragons as mounts it would be very tempting to have house rules for those... actually I take that back. If you make a solid looking army out of this, they NEED some cool rules. Too bad there's no way to actually make this army without the LatD but I guess that might be unfair using both the IG and SM codex for the same army.
    -Alaitoc Ranger Force (1850pts)
    -Nucleonauts (started)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

136 (x4)

Thanks guys. I'm still not sure whether to collect them or not.. I have about 3 different armies I want to collect, lol.. and the SW Codex is being re-done soon.. erg.
    Last edited by Wolf Lord Herby; July 22nd, 2008 at 16:13.
    FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

Consumate professional Sir Theobold the Lame's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x8)

Im loving the fluff, and from a modelling point of view it has the potential to look great. Keep us posted with how you get on!
    PLAN CLAN MAN!!

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- S. Johnson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

136 (x4)

Right, didn't like having to use LatD all that much (Ld6 basic troops... )

So I wrote my own list
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ml#post1211210 (Apologies for yet another DIY Codex. Codex: Utopians.)

See what you think
    FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)