Battle for the Abyss - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Battle for the Abyss

So is it too early to start asking for other peoples opinions on this book? Are too many of you still reading it?

Below are a couple of my thoughts on it, just highlight to read.
    I really enjoyed it. The hints at the Wulfen were cool. Mthoep is an awesome character and sums up really well his entire chapter. I can see how they were pushed to falling from his actions.
    The World Eater was good as well Skrall (something like that, I've put the book in the shelf now so expect names to be spelt pretty poorly) and it was intresting to read that they had continued to put in the brain/anger plates even after the Emperor had said 'STOP'.
    It's amazing as we go on finding out just how rubbish these guys were at doing what they were told when they all so clearly loved and all but worshiped this guy (part the problem in Logar's case). The deck crew of the Wrathful were fine but a little predictable.

Then comes the Ultramarines, or the one of them. The Honour Guard were cool, all of them but Cestus just didn't feel EPIC enough for me. Otherwise it was nice to see how Smurfs opperated pre-codex!

My main complaints boil down to two points.
    1: No Primarchs!!!! Or anyone else really that we knew of before and that leads on to...
    2: Lack of EPIC feeling, the story was pretty ace and I liked the writing but it wasn't uber anything. No new primarch twins or possesed primarchs. A shame.

Still I enjoyed and I look forward to Mechanicum. I like what it has added to the story I just feel we still need the Heresy from the Ultramarine Legions point of view (not as bad as we need one from the Dark Angles point of view though) And was nice to see the only 'Librarians' were traitor or Thousand Son.

Looking forward to other views (and the people that agree with me)

ps. Oh, new smileys since I was last here. he he

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really? Just me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm still reading it. Only done about 60 pages or so because I can never find enough time
    Battlecries: Sorbr'and Tau force: For the Greater Good!
    Ordo Corvus Witch Hunters: Only in our flames will the heretic find peace!

+ Reply to Thread