Undivided Daemon Princes? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x3)

Undivided Daemon Princes?

Okay, how do you get an undivided daemon prince? Do the four gods decide amongst themselves to make someone a DP? If so, shouldn't an undivided DP be more powerful than just a khorne or slaanesh one, as he has been touched by all 4 gods?
    There isn't the same level of dedication involved when you follow undivided, as opposed to a single god - like being a jack of all trades, master of none - so I wondered how an undivided prince came about?

I can't say I've seen it all but I live for the things that keep me hollow.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    141 (x3)

In the Daemons codex it talks a lot about the different realms and dominions of the Chaos gods. The 4 god have a lot of power in the realm of Chaos, but there are also huge expanses of Chaos that are home to other powerful Daemons unaffiliated with the big 4. Think of them like small fiefdoms. While Chaos gods are primarily the ones who ascend mortals to Daemonhood, there are other Daemons that are powerful enough to do the same, they are just comparatively rare.

Another way this happens is a DP can break with their god. Soul Grinders where often times Daemons affiliated with the big 4 who made a pact to be transformed into a soul grinder instead. A Deamon Prince can do the same type thing. If they are powerful enough, or do some favor for the god (or earn its ire), they may break off from their god.

I would say that undivided DPs are probably rare compared to their affiliated brothers. However, Chaos doesn't exist with limits or boundaries, and you don't need a Chaos god to become a DP, it's just the most direct route.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    443 (x8)

The are many powers residing in the warp, most are just nowhere near the power of the Four Gods. Being "undivided" really just means not swearing fealty to one of the big guys. I think your confusing it with how Abbadon actually has the blessing of all four.

So its possible that a group of "minor powers", or even a single one that is powerful enough, could grant "Generic Daemonhood" to ones like Perturabo.
    "It takes a vast amount of self control to be this dangerous."
    ---Ogvai Ogvai Helmshrot, Jarl of Tra, VI Legion Astartes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x5)

Ababadon is fairly close to what your talking about, maybe if he does'nt screw up in his next crusade he'll get some sort of reward.

Formerly BrotherAzriel Horus Lupercal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    138 (x6)

its been said in the old chaos codex that for all the damage and suffering he has caused in the name of chaos surely he has been offered deamonhood several times, but that he will never accept it untill he stands atop the ruins of terra, his goal and infrnal deam compleate, then and only then would he accept the offer and become deamon lord of mankind!!!!!!!
    PROUD TO BE IN THE BRITISH ARMY.
    ~~ Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death~~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Abbadon has had many offers, one for each of his completed Black Crusades and many besides that but he wants to finish what Horus started by defeating the Emperor and the Imperium while remaining mortal.
    I'm completely sane, and the voices in my head agree!

Ultramainres 3rd Company
    W/D/L
    0/2/1

+ Reply to Thread