Black LIbrary Publications and the Raven Guard - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

Black LIbrary Publications and the Raven Guard

I'm fairly new to the 40K universe and as such my best approach thus far (suggestions welcome) to "getting up to speed" regarding the fluff of the game has been reading various publications put out by the Black Library. I'ved played a bit with a small Tau army I started but would really like to create a space marine army. Of particular interest are the Raven Guard, however I have not read very much about them and was hoping that someone might know of a particular book in the series that gave more insight into this chapter.

I'm also curious to know authors that people favor. Currently Dan Abnett for me is by far one of the best writters I've come across in any collection, just my two sence. Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

42 (x1)

Well, I cannot help with any Raven Guard-specific novels.

But in terms of general fluff, I can recommend short story anthologies such as "Dark Imperium" - they contain various small stories which are quick to read, yet very interesting. Plus, you get to see stuff from all over the Imperium, down to the lowliest scum who'd never make it into a full-fledged novel by himself. For example, Dark Imperium has stories dealing with everything ranging from Marine Apothecaries to Sisters Seraphim to Guardsmen to Imperial Navy crews to feral tribesmen - and even a story arc played out solely between two Chaos worshippers!

Best way to read yourself into the grim setting.
    "Do you want your heretic rare, medium or well done, Lord Inquisitor?"

+ Reply to Thread