The Fire Ducks!!! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

-4 (x0)

The Fire Ducks!!!

hey all i have an idea about a legion simlar to the doctines of the raven guardbut with the flame loving part of salamanders. right now i am really looking for a good chapter name hoping someone could help. also maybe names of a chapter masters or captains

P.S. i wasn't sure if this was the right form to post in so if it wasn't sorry in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    inside your head
    77 Post(s)
    2 Thread(s)

1480 (x8)

So, ravengaurd are sneaky, and the salamanders really don't like JUST fire, but actually prefer any weapon that can used in close-encounter firefights. I am of the school that you should come up with your own name, as it will bring you closer to your chapter. When I picked my chapter, I intended to create them after the Black Dragons, a chapter GW has the fluff for. But that didn't work for me, and they became the Iron Dragons. I wanted a name that had a "black" element in it (Iron), but it turned out that the word "Iron" became more of a fluff staple than "Dragon" did. But... if you want suggestions, here are a few I came up with:

Flame Wraiths
    Acolytes of the Flame
    Sons of Fire
    Scions of Sol
    The Purgators
    Sons of Purity
    Lights of the Emperor

there you go for a few names. The first name mixes the stealth and fire aspects literally. The second conjures thoughts of mysterious hooded warriors, as do names 3 and 4. The next three names are fire-based only, as the Imperium sees fire as the only way to purify the weak and evil. The last name might be a little too over-reaching, as it makes them sound like chosen sons, but it's there nonetheless.

As for character names, these are certainly something you should pick on your own! I would try to decide on a culture for your chapter. My chapter is somewhat Celtic in nature, and some of my names reflect this. You can't go wrong with Roman/Latin names, as that's what is most prevalent. Eastern cultures have been reflected as well, and Spanish could be interesting. Look at common names for your chosen cultural background and then butcher them a bit. For example, "Jaghati" Khan is not a real Mongolian name, but it feels like it is.

No matter how you do it, have fun with it. The biggest worry is getting a painscheme, and an army assembled and playable. From there you can pick a name and a theme.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

+ Reply to Thread