Ork tribe - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ork tribe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    127 (x3)

Ork tribe

I've been starting some orks, and I cant seem to settle on just one faction (blood axes, bad moonz, and Evil sunz), because frankly, I get bored with standardized color schemes (which is why I'd never be able to play any imperials ). Is there any fluffy way to have different factions in a tribe together? I really don't know much about the fluff behind orks, so please spare me if the answer is something simple, like freebootaz.

How dare you speak out against LO! I shall beat you with a giant inflatable duck and then ban you to the lowest level of hell! ~Karmoon
    My recruitment link!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Pedantic Englishman Wolf Lord Herby's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

136 (x4)

I think they're called Freebooterz, just an amalgamation of several tribes/clans/whatever they're called... so you can paint them how you like

And also, even within the Clan, they never have anything approaching a coherent colour scheme or uniform, you can just make them as diverse or standardised as you like.
    FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most interesting clan of all, if you ask me, has got to be the blood axe. The Blood Axe have got everything from Imperial stylized Tank Krumpanies made of stolen and traded Imperial tanks, to ork fly boyz and Kommando para-boyz

For my Ork warband I have gone for a mix of camo styles. On one of my shoota boyz, for instance, his helmet and shoulder pad are done in urban camo colours, his legs are green jungle camo and his body armour is in brown desert camo... looks pretty good for the grunts...

In keeping with the Blood axe feel was thinking to do the "Kumand Mob" of my clan in bright yellow/red or blue Mega armour with loads of medals and other Imperial displays of pawah as well as maybe an entourage of grots wielding Imperial style banners and maybe a looted IG vox caster

Over all idea for blood axe is to build as close to an IG army as you can with the orks dex

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x2)

Yup, fluffwise freebootas are the way to go if you want to mix up your colour schemes some more. However another thing to keep in mind when making a clan themed army is that despite the clans tendencies to wear a particular colour, that colour doesn't need to be in the same place for every ork. For example my bad moon trukkers have a wide array of yellow shirts, armour or leather straps that vary per model. Generally speaking, each model will have one item in the clan colours adn the rest will be a fairly standard mix of greys, browns and beiges.
    Gargrimz Green Deff
    W:10 D:4 L:5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

127 (x3)

So i'd be able to mix squads (IE 10blood axes, 10 deff skulls, 10 goffs in a single squad) with freebootaz? or do the different clans tend to congregate together?
    How dare you speak out against LO! I shall beat you with a giant inflatable duck and then ban you to the lowest level of hell! ~Karmoon
    My recruitment link!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Freebooters are roving bands of pirates, bandits and mercs that belong to no warband or clan. They seek adventure, combat and loot, and pretty much spend their time looking for ways to pass the time.

Back in the day they also use to be sometimes seen fighting alongside Chaos, Imperial and other Xeno armies in exchange for loot and money, a practice that in current fluff is generally restricted to the Blood axe clan and seen as "unorky" by others. But saying that, like it says in the ork dex, "what ork CAN'T see the funny side in krumping someone elses stuff with the very equipment they tried to buy you off with"

As for mixing squads think of it like this.... each clan in your warband would be trying to out do each other in general "orkyness" my guess is boyz from each clan would group together into their own Mobs and play awfully messy games of "who's clan can chop/shoot up da most umies"
    Last edited by Pestigor; September 8th, 2008 at 23:18.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

127 (x3)

Thanks for the helf, guys. Barkeep! A round of rep, on me!
    My recruitment link!

+ Reply to Thread