watchers in the dark - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

watchers in the dark

hey all i have been looking for a unique army for a long time and i was wondering who or what are the watchers in the dark and is their any fluff on them

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    84 (x1)

You mean the little guys following Azrael around, carrying his helmet?
    Apparently, they spy for the Circle, keeping tabs on potential circlees. They likely have no true fluff beyond the odd mention here and there in the Dark Angels materials, and fielding an army of them would be dodgy at best.
    No.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow quick repaly but haha didnt no that was them haha but i guess i could count them as DE

or maybe i should go with my other idea raven guard mutants?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    84 (x1)

Could do a Grot rebellion of them, only using Night Goblins and removing their faces.

Since they're supposed to be mysterious etc., I think having them do anything as mundane as fighting would be slightly odd. I'd personally arm them with some odd bits and pieces, like crystal orbs and stuff, and say that they fight using some unknown, psyker-like but not psychic, form of skill.
    Of course, no matter what you do with them, they'll always be tempting fluff-fate at best, and breaking fluff most likely.
    Last edited by Tutankhankh; October 3rd, 2008 at 20:57.
    No.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    72 (x3)

read angels of descent
    , they are in there
    they are the inhabitants of the planet of the dark angels. (Caliban)
    fluff suggests they are some sort of demonic presence, seeing as they have been on the planet as long as the inhabitants had been there, as long as the chaos demons that lurk in the forests have been there. (this is merely speculation).
    They seem to be a positive force though, they assit the dark angels in activives and other such things, (just read the book), so they could be good demons! or just you know...people
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...d.php?t=104497
    PM me about Aurora Prime Vassal fights! Willing and ready!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

53 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by AlbinoAlien View Post
    so they could be good demons! or just you know...people
    one problem with that is they are completely invulnerable to any and all things.
    Dear Game Designer,
    Rock is Cheese. Paper is fine.
    Signed,
    Scissors

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

Everything I have heard about them suggests that they are similar to how many people onf many religions view angels today. They tend to be watching, always in peripheral vision. They can perform certain actions such as transporting a wounded and particularly loyal marine or providing a distraction so marines can run or fight more effectively. This is however abviously vey tenuous fluff, as mentioned before, there is not a great deal of writing on them. They seem to be just another cool, mysterious thing the DA have that seperates them from other armies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

68 (x3)

Indeed, the old DA codex tells us that they are apparently immune to any and all forms of attack, which makes you wonder why the DA haven't started strapping them onto their armor and vehicles yet....except that I guess if they didn't want to be there's nothing the DA could really do about it, seeing as they are apparently immune to all forms of attack, which I would assume includes forceful attachment to armor.
    Peace
    Nevermore Chapter: 6200 pts; 97/49/11; Longest Streak: 9 Wins/4 Losses; Nearing Completion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

53 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Sabe View Post
    Indeed, the old DA codex tells us that they are apparently immune to any and all forms of attack, which makes you wonder why the DA haven't started strapping them onto their armor and vehicles yet....except that I guess if they didn't want to be there's nothing the DA could really do about it, seeing as they are apparently immune to all forms of attack, which I would assume includes forceful attachment to armor.
    the dark angels are not like that. the way of the space marine to them is more a religion than an existance. somebody somewhere at some point did something very bad while calling themselves darkangels, and the current incarnation feels so bad they strive to search out and find those responsible. that isn't the type of loyalty that would strive to take advantage of their friends
    Dear Game Designer,
    Rock is Cheese. Paper is fine.
    Signed,
    Scissors

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    216 (x7)

The Dark Angels are scum who held back during the heresy to see who would win, fought amongst themselves, and would gladly destroy a planet if it meant their secrets were not revealed.

That is why they always get the worst codex..

I cannot see them having a problem with strapping magical pixies to their plate armour if it meant it got them closer to catching all the fallen.
    Arch Overfiend & Grand Despot
    I currently play:
    Doom Eagle Space Marines
    Hive Fleet Omega Tyranids
    Goff Ork Boyz(dead)
    Tau of O'me
    Inquisitorial Xeno Hunters

and my attempted foray into fantasy
    'Dark Angel Green' Dark Elves in need of fluff

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast