Rebirth of the Emperor's Children (Loyal Chapter Fluff) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Acting XO of Tanith 1st MadLarkin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

Rebirth of the Emperor's Children (Loyal Chapter Fluff)

I'm not a story teller but here's the basic premise of my DIY chapter:

After the Horus Heresy many of the traitor legion's gene seed were destroyed, but some were placed in a stasis time lock so that one day they may be tested to see that if the taint lay in the gene seed once the Imperium knew more about warp taint.

After strenuous testing in which roughly 5% of the gene seed was destroyed the Emperor's Children gene seed was deemed pure of taint. Thus a founding was decreed that this legion be restored into a chapter. This decision was not passed without much debate and opposition, many Inquisitors and High Lords of Terra opposed the recreation of a traitor legion, saying that history was doomed to repeat itself. In the end these voices were quietened by the argument that the new Codex laws will enforce the loyalty of the reborn chapter. The naysayers finally agreed to allow the formation only if the Chapter remains permanently under from the Inquisition, with a Inquisitor lord overseeing the chapter and if necessary several other Inquistors and Inquisitorial agents accompanying the chapter on their missions.

Thus, like the Phoenix, the Emperor's Children was reborn. A fitting description considering their initial preheresy abysmal start in which they're legion strength was reduced to 200-300 battle brothers after a freak accident of unknown origin.

The formation of the Chapter began slowly, with only a few companies being formed and fighting along Adeptus Sororitas and Grey Knights allies from time to time in order to be kept in check. The Grey Knights were particularly hostile towards the newly founded chapter but the the Emperor's Children time and time again proved their purity to the Emperor's cause.

Due to the excessive watch the Emperor's Children is highly disciplined and follows the Codex Astartes almost as throughly as the Ultramarines themselves. Although certain traits of their former legion have shown through. The Emperor's Children are a very proud chapter who strive to redeem their name and label themselves among the elite.

The combat's tactics are also very precise but very complex, usually relying on high synchronization of multiple task forces. They rely on short ranged fire fight with the holy bolter and use the flame thrower almost extensively. Much akin to the Adeptus Sororitas they believe the fire has a purifying effect, and they believe that through the flames the Emperor's Children will rise again like the Phoneix of the old Terran myths.

Most Notable Achievements:
    Killed a Revenant Titan in one shot.
    Killed 900 pts worth of Blood Angels in 2 turns while only loosing 4 pts.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Australia, but doing an exchange in Germany
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

Really cool fluff idea! and really well written!!

you could call them the "Emperor's Childrens' Children", or the "Emperor's Grandchildren", or the "Emperor's Bastards' Critically-Viewed-But-In-The-Process-Of-Redeeming-Themselves Children". I really don't mind if you wish to steal my ideas...

but, seriously, to me maybe its a pretty unlikely thing to happen, but not impossible.

cheers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

192 (x4)

hahaha, nice names. I was almost considering the Emperor's Orphans

Aye I know how unlikely it is but it makes sense to me. I like the purple and gold of the emperor's children (which is almost the same as the hawk lords, but I don't like the hawk lord's fluff) and I like using some sort of inquisitorial allies, usually sisters.

And also their combat doctrine of medium to short firepower (attributed to both the traitor legion slaneshi marines and the pre-heresy EC) is my play style.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

I wouldn't say the EC ever had a combat doctrine.. It was always just 'we're the best at everything.'

And how can the Emperor's children geneseed be considered to be free of taint? It comes from Fulgrim.. Yes, the Fulgrim who is a 20 foot tall daemon prince with four arms and the tail of a snake. Do you get any more tainted than that?

It's like taking genetic material from Satan and implanting it into someone so they'll be a better soldier.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

192 (x4)

because Fulgrim got possesed by a slanneshi daemon and thats how he turned into a traitor and later a daemon prince.

And combat doctrine wise they tried to perfect every area of combat but in general relied on their bolters more than their swords.

Australia, but doing an exchange in Germany
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

straight from Lexicanum:
    As each Space Marine looked to his superior officer for guidance, each Company inherited its manner and practices from its Commander. Though this was the case with many Legions, the Emperor's Children had a strength of devotion to their leaders that was almost unmatched.
    so, i'd recommend to mirror your HQ and your company (i.e. if you take a Jump-packed Captain, then go heavier on Assault Marines and Vanguard Veterans)
    another example of Combat Doctrine:
    The Legion had a highly restrained tactical 'rulebook' that they attempted to apply to all combat situations. For example, ground assaults were to be accompanied with both heavy weapon and air cover; the Emperor's Children looked to Land Speeders for the latter purpose.
    fluff-wise, definitely include say 1x Squadron anti-infantry and 1x Squadron anti-armour Land Speeders.

if you wanted to do a Land Speeder heavy army, i'd recommend using the Ravenwing rules.

try to be intelligent with your forces, i.e. not too much of any one genre.

hope all that helps! cheers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    72 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Giant_Mantis View Post
    It's like taking genetic material from Satan and implanting it into someone so they'll be a better soldier.
    And you're problem is? lol

though the fluff is cool, it really is highly improbable. But a good way to make it seem more likely, is have the chapter made during a time of strife. Perhaps they were in segmentum solar when the tyranids were begining thier advance, and reinforcments were low? BUT HEY! look here we've got all this pretty clean geneseed from a indecent sort..whaddya gonna do when ya gotta do? So...something like that? or have em be made older.. like M36, during the age of strife?
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...d.php?t=104497
    PM me about Aurora Prime Vassal fights! Willing and ready!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to the world of redeeming our honor! You went down a totally different road with your loyalist EC than I did with mine. Both pretexts are highly unlikely and you're guaranteed to get a lot of flak from the fluff nazis (been there, done that) but it's nice to see someone else on the road. I look forward to seeing some painting.
    Yes, there are female marines and my Sunhawks will let you know in a major way.

Not all the Emperors Children turned coat. We will redeem our name.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

192 (x4)

Thanks all for the responses. Luke, that's awesome source from lexicanum, Most of my lists are kind of like that anyway although I prefer ground troops with a solid close range fire power and some heavy weapons and predators in the back also I usually don't use land speeders but I'll give them a try.

And as far as the need for new chapters, I figured the End Times that we're in right now would be a perfect time for desperate measure

And I've actually got 30 tac marines painted (20 are black reach) and then about 6 or 7 sternguard 4 termies, 3 dreadnoughts and a librarian and 3 captains painted already, working on finishing more sternguard and termies.

Recently I've been picking up steam and getting back into actually painting and building new stuff so hopefully it'll carry over to actually taking pictures and posting all my guys. I really want to get some feedback on my tanith espeicially

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Giant_Mantis View Post
    And how can the Emperor's children geneseed be considered to be free of taint? It comes from Fulgrim.. Yes, the Fulgrim who is a 20 foot tall daemon prince with four arms and the tail of a snake. Do you get any more tainted than that?

Hehe while that thought of the gene seed coming from Satan provoked a rather interesting mental picture there were Space Marine Legions created and divided into chapters before the Primarchs were found. If you consider the possibility that there might have been donations of Gene seed sent to Terra before the Heresy then yes the EC could be reborn if the original Gene seed was considered to be free of taint. After the Primarchs were found was when the new Space Marines were given the gene seed of the Primarchs. My source comes from the Games Workshop Publication of the Index Astartes Vol. 1 and 2.
    I'm of the notion that we should have fun with this and so "Tau Butter" came into being. Now you can spread the greater good on your breakfast too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast