Need a Fluffmaster's confirmation! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need a Fluffmaster's confirmation!

Hi Librarium-Online, first post here so let me do a little introduction..
    I have yet to play a single skirmish but I know my backstory/lore/fluff now ive got a few boxed sets of 40k minatures here and there at an attempt to find which army is best for me, so from careful consideration ive come down to ELDAR!! I just geniunely like the look of the minatures/backstory, also they require thought to play which is a + + for me... Anywho..

One of my buddy's is going to start playing as well with 40k, he chose Space Marines, still dont know what Chapter he is going to select myself but ive chosen my Craftworld (Biel-Tan)

Heres what ive got going so far for a backstory for the fighting:

Their planet (Name unknown so far) was an Eldar Maiden-World which was long forgotten after the fall, over the past 100 years or so Biel-Tan has caught wind of a small Maiden World inhabited by a few Imperium Colonists, and a decent size of Orks. now the Eldar dont have the time/resources to go in an burn every single Ork to a crisp. So they send a handfull of Rangers (5-10) via a hidden Webway portal.

The Rangers pretty much spent 100 years keeping the planet in check Waaghwise/Imperium wise, sniping leaders, sabotaging things etc, people begin to dissapear as the Rangers begin to meticulously kill every colonist, the Orks still without leaders present a threat (every time you kill a leader 5 more take its place it seems)

So, a nearby Unnamed Space Marine force Battle-Barge is enroute to a warzone when they recieve a mysterious distress signal, Orks everywhere help, etc. This signal is really sent by the Eldar. (no wonder they left out why their leaders dissapear/strange figures watching them eh?)

So the Space Marines land on the planet, start and finish a bloody purge of the Orks, only to find the "Colonists" dead, not by Shoota fire but by strange and advanced weaponry, before they know it the Eldar now knowing all they need to do is wipe out a small Chapter of Space Marines begin their true invasion to reclaim the Maiden World.

Does this sound alright? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Trask; October 28th, 2008 at 01:01.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Acting XO of Tanith 1st MadLarkin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

So the space marines purged the majority of the orks (as you can never truly get rid of them without bioweapons and other world killers) and does the eldar's dirty work?

Sounds about right, the eldar are pretty crafty and they like to get their enemies to fight one another since they don't have the numbers.

Just nit-picking, you said a small chapter, a chapter is 1000 marines. The force that made planet fall was probably a company or such.
    Most Notable Achievements:
    Killed a Revenant Titan in one shot.
    Killed 900 pts worth of Blood Angels in 2 turns while only loosing 4 pts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    72 (x3)

This sounds just fine, though like recently stated, thats 1k marines you've gotta fight. that being said, why wouldn't the eldar wait till the marines left, seeing as they were on to some warzone anyway?
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...d.php?t=104497
    PM me about Aurora Prime Vassal fights! Willing and ready!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guys, thanks for the replys, those are good points...hmmm.. maybe it is just a chapter yeah, 1000 space marines is no laughing matter heh.. *goes back to working on the storyline*

LO's unofficial Jester Visitor Q's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    377 (x8)

If you wanted to vamp things up for a major war you could always say the space marines are looking to settle the world and make it their Chapter Home.
    "God is dead" Nietzsche- 1886
    "Nietzsche is dead" God- 1900

Why are there scams? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q71FLDIMBc8

+ Reply to Thread