Do servitors eat? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    140 (x3)

Do servitors eat?

What fuels a servitor? Is it food or petrol? I say this because they are human bodies which have like robot clamp arms to pick up stuff, but their body is still human and so in order to keep the cells alive they would need some time of food for cellular energy? So yeah how are servitors fuelled?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    52 (x1)

I'd say an intravenous drip full of vital fluids, vitamins, thought suppressing drugs, the lot... would have to be attached to the servitor's biological parts. As the the mechanical parts, they would have some sort of seperate mechanism delivering power, such as a power cell or gas powered generator. Basically, a servitor has to have a mechanical and biological part.

Some servitors might be lucky enough to recieve implants that take glucose from human cells or something like that and convert that into electrical energy. That might even be possible 10 years down the track.

LO's unofficial Jester Visitor Q's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    377 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by phr0z3n View Post
    I'd say an intravenous drip full of vital fluids, vitamins, thought suppressing drugs, the lot... would have to be attached to the servitor's biological parts. As the the mechanical parts, they would have some sort of seperate mechanism delivering power, such as a power cell or gas powered generator. Basically, a servitor has to have a mechanical and biological part.

Some servitors might be lucky enough to recieve implants that take glucose from human cells or something like that and convert that into electrical energy. That might even be possible 10 years down the track.
    Intravenous drip would certainly be the obvious solution. Seeing as Servitors are completely mindless they wouldn't care that they no longer 'enjoyed' food.

And of course the muscle atrophy of their intestines and the results probably wouldn't be too much of a worry for them either........

As for the mechancial parts I suspect these would have their own seperate generators and battery packs.

Remember that not all servitors have large power claws or plasma guns and the like attached to them. Any human that has been mind wiped and 're-programmed' is technically a servitor. Mchanical additions aren't a necessity.
    Last edited by Visitor Q; November 3rd, 2008 at 09:27.
    "God is dead" Nietzsche- 1886
    "Nietzsche is dead" God- 1900

Why are there scams? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q71FLDIMBc8

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

140 (x3)

Awesome, so now I will try and make my own servitor!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    52 (x1)

Make sure you get a moronic look on his face and have hald hid body at least covered in mechanisal stuff!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Visitor Q View Post
    Intravenous drip would certainly be the obvious solution. Seeing as Servitors are completely mindless they wouldn't care that they no longer 'enjoyed' food.
    I'm not sure that Servitiors ever enjoyed food to begin with. I heard that servitors are just genetically engineered things with no real conciousness and they are grown in vats. I would imagine that Servitors might be fed what Robocop used to eat. Robocop is more or less a kind of combat/police Servitor. He ate a sludge that tasted like baby food according to some bloke who tried it. I remember in the 1st edition of 40K that a special blood was used for things like Servitiors. This blodd was white like the blood of the andriods in Alien/Aliens. I think it was called sucrosol or something. But it was different from our blood and I think was designed to make things like Servitiors easy to maintain.

You might have to give Servitors different kinds of food depending on their tasks. Servitiors that work as portable computers would need nutrients best for the brain and nervous system. Combat and or slave labour servitiors might have much higher energy foods for all the work they have to do. Servitiors probably have useless or unimportant organs and body parts removed or when they are grown they don't get them. Sex organs, parts of the brain that would make up a personality, appendix etc. All of these parts require nutrition and energy and if they aren't present on a Servitor they will require less good food.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

I remember one part in Dark Apostle when the Elaysian General is talking to the Adeptus Mechanicus commander. The A.M is remarking on the Elaysian's practice of cremating their dead, and wonders why they don't turn the fallen soldiers into "nutrients" for their servitors and soldiers... "So illogical!" Apperently the A.M's troops and servitors are powered by some kind of nutrient paste that's made of - well you can guess...
    My award winning Orky tale

LO's unofficial Jester Visitor Q's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    377 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Leech View Post
    I'm not sure that Servitiors ever enjoyed food to begin with. I heard that servitors are just genetically engineered things with no real conciousness and they are grown in vats.
    Some servitors are ex-criminals particularly Hereteks.
    "God is dead" Nietzsche- 1886
    "Nietzsche is dead" God- 1900

Why are there scams? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q71FLDIMBc8

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

140 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by LordTrebor View Post
    I remember one part in Dark Apostle when the Elaysian General is talking to the Adeptus Mechanicus commander. The A.M is remarking on the Elaysian's practice of cremating their dead, and wonders why they don't turn the fallen soldiers into "nutrients" for their servitors and soldiers... "So illogical!" Apperently the A.M's troops and servitors are powered by some kind of nutrient paste that's made of - well you can guess...
    Yeah I remember that part. Made me proud to be a Tech Priest.

+ Reply to Thread