Army fluff - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Army fluff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    242 (x6)

Army fluff

Well, I guess I'll start with the background history for my Space Marine army:

The Remigo Chapter (formerly known as the Ashen Star Chapter)

The Remigo Chapter are most likely Third Founding Ultramarines (although they stubbornly claim to be Second Founding, details follow)

The Chapter has it's homeworld on the planet Rêmex-Nidûs in the remote star system of Taria Gavrua in Ultima Segmentum.
    They are relatively new to the Administratum on Terra who register them as being only about a thousand years old. This is, however, angrily contradicted by the Chapter itself who claims that their history dates all the way back to the aftermath of the Horus Herecy. Many flaming arguements have been exchanged due to the Chapter's claim to be one of the last eleven Primogenitor Chapters of the Ultramarines.
    Neither the Ultramarines nor the Adepts on Earth accept this claim (and despite the fact that the Ultramarines have no recordings of this the Remigo Chapter are registered as Third Founding in the files of the Administratum on Terra).

Never the less, the Remigo Chapter praise the memory of Roboute Guilliman and several shrines and temples on Rêmex-Nidûs are devoted entirely to him.

According to the Remigo Chapter the entire Chapter (back then known as the Ashen Star Chapter) was travelling to the star system of Jova-Chez (Jova-Chez was the designated home-system of the Chapter) shortly after the Second Founding when their ships encountered several Tyranid behemoth space hulks. The aliens attacked in great strength and even though the Space Marines held off the attack damage to the ships were so bad that they were forced to crash land on the uncolonised ocean world of Ajemeu in the Taria Gavrua system. Over two thirds of the Space Marines were killed but driven by their instinct for survival the remaining Marines set up floating stations built from the wreckage of the ships. All communications were lost to the Imperium and all power was gone but the Chapter endured and using their weapons as ores they travelled north and settled down on the only spot of dry land on the planet, a large, volcanic island on the north pole. It was after this amazing display of willpower that the Ashen Star Chapter changed its name to the Remigo Chapter - The Rowing Chapter. Climates on Ajemeu were much in changing due to the volcanic dust and the location of the island. It was on this island that the Remigo Chapter stayed alive for several centuries until the techmarines finally constructed a ship that could transport them off the planet. From Ajemeu they travelled to the neighboring feudal world of Esoa where they quickly siezed control and began their recruiting. However, the lack of technology on this forgotten planet did not aid them in their desire to re-establish contact with the Imperium. Their custom built ship was not built to withstand the vacuum of space for very long and therefore the only travel that was made was between Esoa and Ajemeu. The hostile environment on Ajemeu was perfect for Space Marine training and it became the new home planet of the Remigo Chapter. They re-named the planet Rêmex-Nidûs - the Nest of the Rowers - for it was in truth their home.
    It would take several millennia before technology on Esoa, aided by the techmarines, reached the point where contact could be re-established with the Imperium who was, to say the least, surprised to hear from Space Marines of a completely new Chapter (all previous records of the Ashen Star Chapter had been lost due to their disappearance so long ago). However, it was soon accepted that they were indeed Space Marines - no matter what they were doing there - and they were registered as being Third Founding Ultramarines due to their praising of Roboute Guilliman.

Their colour scheme is grey with blue shoulder plates (The original Ashen Star Chapter colour was dark grey with black shoulder pads but despite the change in colour the Iron Star themed Chapter Badge remains the same as a symbol of respect towards their revered Primarch whom had given it to them). They still follow the guidelines of the Codex Astartes but their use of tactical markings is relatively ancient and has not changed much since the founding of the Chapter.

Since their return the Remigo Chapter has fought many Imperial campaigns and continues serving the Emperor from its home planet of Rêmex-Nidûs.

---

Well, that's mine... Let me hear yours!

-Rob

"We're the Death Korp of Krieg, son. Did you think that was just a pretty name? We never retreat. We fight and we die, that's the Krieg way."
    -Lieutenant Konarski at the Battle of Erebus

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x8)

You write good fluff Bobahat. I still have to make some fluff for my armies. But I'm too busy with converting so it might take a while before I can post my fluff here.
    Ze titles yez...
    When in doubt,
    Smite.
    <SilverMane> I would trust BID with my life
    <SilverMane> HEIL BID!
    <Adrian-> BiD is Omnipotent; All Knowing, All Powerful!
    <Scary_Troopers> I see you as an optimist, GT. : D

But what of the midgets!?
    =]Front in favour of Moderation of the Harshest kind.[=

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love that. That little niggle of theirs will make people remember this chapter long after mine or any others. And it is so funny to imagine what the leader of the chapter must have done to his bedroom when he was told the news. Or what he did to the messenger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    242 (x6)

I've changed the name of my Chapter!

If anyone is interested, I've changed the name of my Chapter and modified the fluff a little bit.

They are now known as the Remigo Chapter.

I think the new name is cooler. I always thought that 'The Phoenix Hearts' sounded like an American football team...

-Rob
    "We're the Death Korp of Krieg, son. Did you think that was just a pretty name? We never retreat. We fight and we die, that's the Krieg way."
    -Lieutenant Konarski at the Battle of Erebus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey I with you BobaHat first when I started my World Eater army I called them The Howling Dogs, which felt more like a renegade Space Wolves chapter, now I just call them the 13th company until I find a suitable name.

Neverwhere,London, United Kingdon of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So is this Chapter similar to the Salamanders in that they are not aloof from the people of their world?
    Whoso would be a man must be a non conformist
    People should be taught what is, not what should be.

Closed Thread