Who Is Cypher? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Is Cypher?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok This guy is my fav charter in the whole 40k universe.There is so many questions about Cypher.The number one question is who the hell is he?.Well I hear so many theory's about Cypher.The stories I hear the most is Cypher is Lion El johnson or He is some Used to be Dark Angles captin running around *****ing everyone off and is helping evil and good.About Lion El Johnson being Cypher maybe true because 1.He has the Lion Sword 2.Nobody dosent even know who he is and Cypher dosent want nobody to know who he is 3.there is no evidence that Lion is sleeping in the rock nor there is no body cuz maybe GW making Cypher a big Surprise in some campain like EOT.But something came up.Maybe Luther is the deepest secret in the Rock and DA think Lion is sleeping somewhere in the rock.Now I hear Cypher main quest is to get to terra and kill the Emperor b4 chaos does because the Emperor will become a God and wipe choas for good.But what I don't understand is how can Lion El Johnson turn in someone loving the emperor then wanting to kill him.Maybe this is what happend.When Johnson was injured he was carried off by the watcher's with his sword and leave luther bitching for repent anywho.Johnson woke up somewhere.Well I don't if this is true If the Emperor can get into the minds of Lion El Johnson,because How the f**k does Emperor know what happenend that day at caliban where The Dark Angels chapter and luther backstab there brother's.Now when Lion El Johnson woke up he had the voice of the Emporer in his head "Kill me set me free from this prison (The Golden Throne on Terra) so I can save humanity"..."Set me freeee" something like that and maybe the god of choas is helping him but which God or Cypher is using the Choas Gods to get him to terra?or the Emperor is helping him out cuz if the Imperium is using the emperor for some warp travel or webway and the psycer's feeding the citizens of the Imperium bullshit.Or maybe he was just some Space Marine Captin stubled by and Saw Lion and Luther fighting.Hate some popcorn watched the show when fisnished he had his chance to jack the Lion's sword and Ran off and known to be Cypher :ph34r: .

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    203 (x5)

"Cypher is an enigmatic and sinister character. He appears as if from nowhere, bringing death and destruction with him, and then vanishes just as abruptly as he appeared. Strangely, it is rare that Cypher himself instigates the violent acts that invariably occur when he is present; it is rather that he appears to be the catalyst which fans any feelings of hatred or mistrust into a raging, uncontrollable fire.

Cypher rarely speaks, and when he does his tones are clipped and his words few. No one knows his real name, and no one in living memory has dared ask him what that name might be. However, the occasional glimpse of the dark power armour beneath the long robes that Cypher wears means there can be no doubt that he is one of the Fallen. In many ways he epitomises their fate, being cursed to wander through time and space, never to be able to return home.

The Fallen Dark Angels have their origin in the dying days of the Horus Heresy, when Lion El'Jonson, Primarch of the Dark Angels Legion of Space Marines, returned to his home world of Caliban. As the unsuspecting ships of Jonson's fleet moved into orbit, they were met by a devastating barrage of defense laser fire. Stunned by the ferocious attack, Jonson withdrew and attempted to find out what had happened on his home world."

Taken form I.A., btw i hope i dont break any rules by posting this...
    MEAT IS MURDER
    Hammerskin
    Nation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think Jervis Johnson has even written an answer to the Cypher mystery, he is supposed to remain a mystery. Imagine how dull he would be if everybody knew who he was and what he wanted..
    Ave Dominus Nox!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's true,and I know but those are the two theory's i heard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For future reference please break your posts up into paragraphs, its a hell of a lot easier on the eyes.

I was eager to see what they would do with Cypher in the Eye of Terror campaign, as he has been one of my favourite characters since I started playing, but I was a little dissapointed. Apart from being the leader of the plague cult (the Voice of the Emperor) he didn't get a mention (as far as I know).

As to what his motives are, it is hard to tell. He proclaims himself Voice of the Emperor and leads the cults who believe that the plague was punishment for unbelievers. So he seems to be supporting the Emperor (provided it was not a ruse) but not the Imperium...

Senior Member The Real Leman Russ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think hes luthor, the guy who stabbed johnson in the back. this explains why hes got his sword.
    Children in the dark cause accidents, accidents in the dark cause childen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x1)

I would advice that you guys read Angel of Darkness because it has a little of Cypher in it (Also turns the whole Dark Angels/ fallen thing on its head.) In the book it also mentions that Luthor is imprisoned deep in the Rock.
    Ask not the ruleboys a question for they shall give you three answers each true and terrifying to behold

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yah it was a great book,the chaplian and the fallen angle.Anyways it was this fallen angle that talked luther into backstabbing his best friend.Then in the end Cypher get's away with this gene seed and has something waiting for the plantet to be destroyed.Yah for a while I thought luther was Cypher but he is impriosened in the Rock the he cry's everyday to forgive him.

Senior Member The Real Leman Russ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oooh nasty, kindsa promethias stlye then?
    Children in the dark cause accidents, accidents in the dark cause childen.

Senior Member Ultramarines r cool's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there any fluff saying hot Cypher got the lion sword in the first place? And is the sword broken or what?

Supporter in the Eternal War Against.......Nothing!

Ratlings>C'Tan

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast